[WOH]Puma on Combo Server

User Tag List

[WOH]Puma on Combo Server

Hello Admins,

I was banned this evening on the Comboinstagib server for 300 matches around approximately 11:20-11:25 PM EST. There was no reason stated for the ban and I have no idea who banned me. I'm not sure if it had to do with my ping. I'm visiting a university and they've given me pretty lousy wireless internet--my ping fluctuates quite a bit before settling down.

I had not exchanged any chat during the game, and have a general respect for UK's combo server, second to none.

I would appreciate it if I could speak with someone to resolve this issue, either here, via PM, or on Teamspeak.

Thanks,
    -Puma

Well we don't usually ban people for high pings unless you are constantly reconnecting.

I'm sure the person who banned will reply soon

Cool, sounds good.

Now that you mention it, I did experience an autoreconnect problem on the map before. The map prior was a version of w00tabulous in which I was connected with a regular ping, but the server kept autoreconnecting me for a minute. A red transparent box on the right side of my screen would say "autoreconnecting in X seconds." I couldn't do anything--I wasn't purposely reconnecting. I'm not sure why it did that as my ping was fine and I could see everything (i.e. my HUD appeared, no lag). The autoreconnect stopped after a moment and that was at least 20 minutes prior to my ban on a different map.

Anyways, thanks for the reply $carface

Can you post a screensho of the ban message or screen you see when you are rejected?

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Cool, sounds good.

Now that you mention it, I did experience an autoreconnect problem on the map before. The map prior was a version of w00tabulous in which I was connected with a regular ping, but the server kept autoreconnecting me for a minute. A red transparent box on the right side of my screen would say "autoreconnecting in X seconds." I couldn't do anything--I wasn't purposely reconnecting. I'm not sure why it did that as my ping was fine and I could see everything (i.e. my HUD appeared, no lag). The autoreconnect stopped after a moment and that was at least 20 minutes prior to my ban on a different map.

Anyways, thanks for the reply $carface
    I believe the cause would be ACE timeouts during the game.
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    [17:11] <Sponge> going to enemy base and no trying to grab the flag, just spawnkill (Sponge)

you were banned by sponge for the above reason, please try to play ctf when playing on combo

sponge had forgotten to add a reason as he was playing himself and wanted to finish the game and then add your reason

I have the screenshot when it occurred and can take another of when I try connecting. I'll post them when I get off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    [17:11] <Sponge> going to enemy base and no trying to grab the flag, just spawnkill (Sponge)

you were banned by sponge for the above reason, please try to play ctf when playing on combo

sponge had forgotten to add a reason as he was playing himself and wanted to finish the game and then add your reason
    I see. I wasn't able to see the reason. Thanks for filling in the gap.

If I may, the map we were playing was andAction. At the beginning of the map, someone said something along the lines of, "and now everyone spawn kills." It is one of the smallest maps out there and is nearly impossible to not spawn kill at some point due to the sheer lack of space in the map. You all know this.

I can see where he would think that I was purposely trying to spawn kill. Personally, I don't like to do it for several reasons: it sucks to be on the receiving end, it lowers your score, it's unsatisfying to be a lamer. When I notice I have spawn killed someone, I make an effort to avoid doing it again, though that is an entirely objective matter.

When you spawn in andAction, you virtually have half a second to figure out which side of the map you're on and where to run before you're fragged. At the same time, if you're defending, covering, or attacking, most players shoot a combo to the other end of the map and finish the combo when an enemy is there. Or you're a lot better than I am at aiming and don't combo.

Y'all may find this comical, but I'm currently using a Logitech Marble Mouse. When you grab the flag, everyone tries to shoot you, of course. I was working on aiming with the mouse (pic below) which is why I didn't and still don't grab the flag every time. I prefer to cover others. I don't, and refuse to stand behind the spawn points, or to stand and spawnkill as I see happen way too frequently, granted the map is andAction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logitech_Track_Ball_Mouse_Best_Buy.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	643
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9ayJWRpNWO...e_Best_Buy.jpg

It is not the easiest thing to use when playing instagib, which leads me to combo more frequently. I also plan to swipe a mouse from work for the next couple weeks until I get a traditional mouse.

I apologize for upsetting Sponge for having accidentally spawn killed him. I do not try to spawn kill on purpose. I do not think I need to grab the flag every time I am near it. I do not see playing CTF as limiting a player to always assuming the role as flag-carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    I'm currently using a Logitech Marble Mouse. When you grab the flag, everyone tries to shoot you, of course. I was working on aiming with the mouse (pic below) which is why I didn't and still don't grab the flag every time. I prefer to cover others. I don't, and refuse to stand behind the spawn points, or to stand and spawnkill as I see happen way too frequently, granted the map is andAction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logitech_Track_Ball_Mouse_Best_Buy.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	643
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9ayJWRpNWO...e_Best_Buy.jpg

It is not the easiest thing to use when playing instagib, which leads me to combo more frequently. I also plan to swipe a mouse from work for the next couple weeks until I get a traditional mouse.

I'm taking notes

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    lol i think an unban is deserved and also the removal of such stupid maps for combo.

Thanks, though I'm sure it will have run out soon/by tomorrow. It should be around 60 remaining

Thread Information