User Tag List

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Map Requests

So many "no wait, use this version" maps lately.. I think I'll wait for a month before uploading lol SAM BT house isn't a beta server.

Sorry but I gotta say, it's a bit pain in the butt to deal with maps like this. That's why you guys gotta have it fully tested before releasing it lol. Heading back to bed and will check on this later... zzz.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    So many "no wait, use this version" maps lately.. I think I'll wait for a month before uploading lol SAM BT house isn't a beta server.

Sorry but I gotta say, it's a bit pain in the butt to deal with maps like this. That's why you guys gotta have it fully tested before releasing it lol. Heading back to bed and will check on this later... zzz.
    I don't get this? My map is huge and it was tested through out, had to make minor adjustments. Is there any one else that uploads maps apart from you?

Final version:
    BT-(L)Strobelights_vF

Final version for my map. The only reason I re-uploaded a 3rd time is because of people bitching on i4g about how the lighting hurts their eyes and they dont like some of the obstacles etc.

Chamberly with all due respect this is like the only surviving BT server that is active. We (at least me) post our maps on here as soon as we can because we dont want people to have to wait for new content etc. Serious mapping like me and alchemist do takes a shitload of time and testing. On average I have to play every single obstacle on every single map I ever create at LEAST over 50 times.. the only thing I missed was 1 actor that didnt copy when I duped the map for team sides.

Don't mean to offend one bit but we bust our asses for whats left of the BT population and then we get no respect for doing so.

This is the final version of my map alchemist if you want to post it on i4g I would appreciate it since they still cant contact me. Also please post this as a comment on the map so I can answer their concerns pretty pretty please:

"-Laser removed since collision on triggers was bugging out spawn room
    -Poles pushed back at start so safe will stop complaining about not being able to dodge
    -Lighting fixed so nobody has a seizure
    -Portal fixed because for whatever reason it didnt copy over when I doubled the map
    -This is my final version, take it or leave it. I'm not busting my ass to make maps people want to pick apart."

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Final version:
    BT-(L)Strobelights_vF

Final version for my map. The only reason I re-uploaded a 3rd time is because of people bitching on i4g about how the lighting hurts their eyes and they dont like some of the obstacles etc.

Chamberly with all due respect this is like the only surviving BT server that is active. We (at least me) post our maps on here as soon as we can because we dont want people to have to wait for new content etc. Serious mapping like me and alchemist do takes a shitload of time and testing. On average I have to play every single obstacle on every single map I ever create at LEAST over 50 times.. the only thing I missed was 1 actor that didnt copy when I duped the map for team sides.

Don't mean to offend one bit but we bust our asses for whats left of the BT population and then we get no respect for doing so.

This is the final version of my map alchemist if you want to post it on i4g I would appreciate it since they still cant contact me. Also please post this as a comment on the map so I can answer their concerns pretty pretty please:

"-Laser removed since collision on triggers was bugging out spawn room
    -Poles pushed back at start so safe will stop complaining about not being able to dodge
    -Lighting fixed so nobody has a seizure
    -Portal fixed because for whatever reason it didnt copy over when I doubled the map
    -This is my final version, take it or leave it. I'm not busting my ass to make maps people want to pick apart."

Thanks guys!
    will do once its up

Maybe you didn't understand. Reuploading maps over, especially for specific maps cause of v2 or v3... it still mean it was under revision to be reuploaded as it wasn't satisfying enough to your mapping standard by release. We really don't need no NivenV1, NivenV2, NivenV3, etc. (and lots of "omg are you serious? reupload again all over!") that's all. That's why I'm not uploading for now and I'm not well enough to do so.

So it's simple. If you made a V2, other... and needed it to be uploaded, it's a fact, you didn't fully test out the map before releasing. So it's worth the wait. Lots of mapper seem to be doing it more often today than how well they did years ago, as there wasn't that many v2 maps and stuff. I'll probably upload a few within a few days after looking over some maps. Beside, you guys have other server to test the map on and stuff, and i4g for feedbacks. I have enough of upload v2 and delete v1 cause I can't do it all.

There are much more bt maps than there is listed, anywhere. So there is plenty of maps.

Now back to sleep... zzz.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 10-25-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Maybe you didn't understand. Reuploading maps over, especially for specific maps cause of v2 or v3... it still mean it was under revision to be reuploaded as it wasn't satisfying enough to your mapping standard by release. We really don't need no NivenV1, NivenV2, NivenV3, etc. (and lots of "omg are you serious? reupload again all over!") that's all. That's why I'm not uploading for now and I'm not well enough to do so.

So it's simple. If you made a V2, other... and needed it to be uploaded, it's a fact, you didn't fully test out the map before releasing. So it's worth the wait. Lots of mapper seem to be doing it more often today than how well they did years ago, as there wasn't that many v2 maps and stuff. I'll probably upload a few within a few days after looking over some maps. Beside, you guys have other server to test the map on and stuff, and i4g for feedbacks. I have enough of upload v2 and delete v1 cause I can't do it all.

There are much more bt maps than there is listed, anywhere. So there is plenty of maps.

Now back to sleep... zzz.
    Alright.. well get feeling better I guess. Strobelights really IS ready to play though.. its been tested by tons of people on every server except this one.. I made all corrections that i4g suggested even though some of them I thought were retarded.. but anyway..

When you get a sec please at least get it uploaded so that people can play it when we see an admin online that can reload maplist.. imo they should just give you perms to do that if youre the only one that actually looks at adding new maps.

Get well soon! This map version (BT-(L)Strobelights_vF) wont ever change. It is the final release and every kink has been worked out. Have a good night!

Trying to look over what I've downloaded and what I've uploaded... and then the internet decided to kick off. -.- Dunno how long this is going to be.

Edit: Done. Finally.

Editv2!
    Ok so I added few more maps. and @|uK|B|aZe. the mapvote is missing a maplist for bt key maps. Add this in your mapvote:

List1Filter[6]=CTF-BT+*

Editv3!!
    Added a map and redirects.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 10-27-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Ok, deciding to do a bump.

For admin request, check the server log and see what's up with CTF-BT-Awash and CTF-BT-AbsolutionCB. If the message say anything about can't find package.item, then there was possibly a file mismatch and my only guess is to remove these 2 maps, since other are saying it keep crashing. Other than that, I don't know why it's crashing.

Also, would you give @LadyS a ftp account to upload maps? I gave her a tutorial how to upload with FTP, and use a compressing program to make redirect files.

Reminder for other peeps, bt map request are made here! :P (There was a discussion on the server about this... again... it's here guys! Ova here!)

Would be very happy to play the Map (BT-Beasttex_fix) on your BT Server. xD

Download here: Maps - i4Games

Uploaded.

Gotta wait to see if SAM or Blaze will do anything Today or soon-ish. Obviously missing a few information as of lately from this thread I guess. :|

Might as well upload some other. When I get done with that, I'll send a text. Cuz I'll upload a lot of maps!

Thread Information