User Tag List

THE FIERD BUNNYTRACK MOVIE 2016

Hi all!

Haven't posted here before - however I'm sure some of you are familiar with BunnyTrack, a gametype created for UT99.

For those of you who are not aware, it's basically a variant of Capture the Flag with a timer, and the goal being to go through a map full of obstacles in order to cap as quick as possible.

This gametype has been a big part of my life, playing since 2003, however it's time to hand up the gloves. My team (fierd) was one of the most well known rushing teams, holding over 1300/2000 world records.
    With that, I present the Fierd BunnyTrack Movie, a 1 hour 40 minute compilation of almost 80 world records of our favourite maps.

If you have any questions, I'll be present on here for the next few days - so let me know!

(Please note, I am definitely no professional video editor, I made this because I was the only one in my team not lazy, however I hope the content is still enjoyable)

BT-Timeless spotted: 01:22:22

IMO this is the best format for BT movies, 1-3 hours long with as many maps as possible.

Dam epic movie, i love bt, i love the fierds.

Just wanted to add an acknowledgement here, too. This is a hugely impressive piece of work and, I'd say, a measure of your dedication to clan and cause. There aren't a lot of prominent cheerleaders for BunnyTrack (or UT for that matter) so I think it's really great when it's given some exposure. And this is a worthy showcase of what it's all about and what can be achieved at the highest levels.

I would hope that it might inspire anyone who hasn't give BT a fair shake - or never played it at all - to give it a try, and open up a whole new sphere of UT gaming. Equally, to stoke the fires of former players to jump back in and rediscover their passion for the mod. I love that there are whole niche sectors within the Unreal Tournament community that are dedicated to specific game types, with their own ecosystems of players, mappers and developers working away at it.

I don't want to get too hung up on the politics of what happened over at a well-known BT website, but I think it's a great shame, and to the detriment of us all. But I hope you guys will still be out there challenging for records and having a good time on the many and varied BT servers in some shape or form for years to come.

On that subject, it wouldn't been fun to see some of the action from the other roster members too! It's like a school photo with certain class members having a sick day. The BiGbOsS' and the struppis of this world deserve a share of the limelight as well.

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote Originally Posted by darkshaihulud View Post
    Just wanted to add an acknowledgement here, too. This is a hugely impressive piece of work and, I'd say, a measure of your dedication to clan and cause. There aren't a lot of prominent cheerleaders for BunnyTrack (or UT for that matter) so I think it's really great when it's given some exposure. And this is a worthy showcase of what it's all about and what can be achieved at the highest levels.

I would hope that it might inspire anyone who hasn't give BT a fair shake - or never played it at all - to give it a try, and open up a whole new sphere of UT gaming. Equally, to stoke the fires of former players to jump back in and rediscover their passion for the mod. I love that there are whole niche sectors within the Unreal Tournament community that are dedicated to specific game types, with their own ecosystems of players, mappers and developers working away at it.

I don't want to get too hung up on the politics of what happened over at a well-known BT website, but I think it's a great shame, and to the detriment of us all. But I hope you guys will still be out there challenging for records and having a good time on the many and varied BT servers in some shape or form for years to come.

On that subject, it wouldn't been fun to see some of the action from the other roster members too! It's like a school photo with certain class members having a sick day. The BiGbOsS' and the struppis of this world deserve a share of the limelight as well.

Thank you for sharing!
    Thanks Shai - whilst I can't say that I was always on my best behaviour, I love this game and the people I had the chance to meet because of it. I was just a bit too trolly back in the day, but then again people take the internet far too seriously and it should be an outlet to have a good time!

That being said, I tried to use what I have to grow this game because it is fucking awesome!

Regarding Struppi and Bigboss, I did ask Struppi for some demos unfortunately he didn't have any to give me - I also did the same with Dewsick, since they were all a part of the fierd family. With Bigboss, I had some demos but they were a little bit on the laggy side on the playback, and unfortunately a lot of those records have been beaten since recorded. However I might throw something together for a BiGbOsS montage, because the skill the kid had on a server with 200 ping was definitely incredible!

What's the song at 1:22:22?

Quote Originally Posted by Janssen View Post
    Darude - Sandstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Janssen View Post
    Bastille - Oblivion (Slinger Remix)

Bouncing through moving blocks, shooting at target, continuing bouncing to next sequence! 19:50

I have the HD version of the video and it comes out even better.
    Last edited by Janssen; 12-18-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Thread Information