User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I'm talking about marrying a what today is a young girl, was a young woman historically. It was norm. Even in cases that do not involve the prophet such as the example I posted earlier in the thread.
    So marrying young was the norm, then why do you get mad ("offended") about that nickname?
    Last edited by d3R; 08-27-2015 at 08:59 AM.

You should read my post before you quote me out of context.

Back then it was quite possible that someone age of 15 was classed as 'old'. I was simply making a comparison with the 20th century.

Read, comprehend, reply.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    You should read my post before you quote me out of context.

Back then it was quite possible that someone age of 15 was classed as 'old'. I was simply making a comparison with the 20th century.

Read, comprehend, reply.
    Even if it was about the prophet (which is not verified) and you think the statement of the player is incorrect because you cant judge people from that culture by norms from now, it makes no sense for you to find the nickname "offensive" because the player is obviously from another culture than yours so you should judge him by his/hers cultural norms (not yours!).

Assuming the player was a first time offender, a much more civil approach would have been if Nordog changed the players name and warned him via a boxed message.

I don't even understand why someone should be warned for such a nick. It's not hate speech, it's not inciting violence. And it clearly should be allowed to ridicule people for their (religious) beliefs.

Sam Harris made a very good video on this very topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    Nick: muhammad.is.a.pedoph
    Server : uk ICTF
    offence : Bad nick , and hate speech??
    Penalty : 500 games ( If im wrong to do this im sorry, raise or lower from other admins please. (
    Not only offensive name, "hate speech"also as i Can Read !
    @Deceide, i remember a Guy banned by me wearing shitty names ad"longlifeHitler" "hermannGoering" and so on silly Guy or not?
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 08-27-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Blond's copyrighted

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    Not only offensive name, "hate speech"also as i Can Read !
    I didn't see a screenshot of the "hate speech", so I can't really judge. If he was simply making fun of a religion, then I don't see why it's hate speech though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    @Deceide, i remember a Guy banned by me wearing shitty names ad"longlifeHitler" "hermannGoering" and so on silly Guy or not?
    Yes, silly. But that doesn't necessarily mean it should be censored. People should be allowed to say and believe silly stuff (as religious people do all the time), but it also should be allowed to make fun of them and publicly ridicule them.

Either way, if you think that a nick like "LongLiveHitler" is bad because Hitler was a bad guy, then, well...the historical figure Muhammed wasn't really a nice guy either.

Besides, I don't see how praising someone who is responsible for the death of millions of people is the same as simply making fun of a bunch of really, really bad ideas.
    Last edited by deicide; 08-27-2015 at 02:46 PM.

I analyzed this scenario and came up with some promising suggestions:

1)He said muhammed, seeing as muhammed is one of the most common names in the world, it is impossible to identify who hes speaking about.

2)He said muhammed is a pedophile, if you know to your knowledge this is not true and was the norm back in the day, how is it offensive.

3)You are banning him on his nickname, which is not offensive to most, i have seen more offensive nicknames and have not been banned.

4)It's highly possible Nordog chose to ban this individual, because Sam is a Muslim himself, so he wanted to kiss ass. Because in fact i know Nordog talks shit about Muslims in the irc channel (seen it many times). So this is laughable

5)I think the right approach would be to change his name and send him a warning instead of just banning him on the spot.

6)I doubt more than 5% of the UT community gives a shit about that nick he used. And thats being over generous.

No one cares what you think nor what you seemed to have analysed.

I don't really care for anyone to kiss my ass. I don't really participate here at all. So there's really no need nor anything to gain from anyone doing so.

Even if one player finds it offensive, that's reason enough for me or anyone to do something about it. It's the same way with racism. It's not racism until someone finds it offensive. Only then (in the UK) does it become an arrestable offence.

isnt muhammad that boxer guy? i dont see the problem

Thread Information