Siege 0017 suggestions - Page 12

User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    LC 15 is up now
    Still getting framedrops @DontWorryBeHappy ?

/chis

No, no more framedrops.

But there are a few strange things I observed within the last game (McSwartzly):

* Things seem to "disappear" sometimes or do not appear at all (after building for example, but may be lag on my side?)

* Rockets loading but not shooting after button release (seems randomly) –The ammo decreases but no rocket models go out. This did not happen before I think. I remember because I blew myself up so many times and now not so often, lol.

* Player position prediction (is that what you're doing @Higor?) seems very sketchy from my noob perspective. I didn't make a demo because the round was so much fun anyways. But you can see with your bare eyes that sometimes (often) position adjustments are being made very suddenly and erratically and aiming/predicting becomes useless in those situations. On the ramp in McSwartzly I defended, made mines and such, a lot of times the enemy came through or sometimes just "appeared" next to me. Vice versa this was also the case, when I attacked I often found myself behind the first defenders without having passed them. (I do not mean invisibility via the item.)

The erratic movement adjustments were observable only in very messy fights which means all the time on McSwartzly I guess.

I'm in a hurry, I will add to this if I see anything else.

I <3 Siege. Thanks for your efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    * Things seem to "disappear" sometimes or do not appear at all (after building for example, but may be lag on my side?)
    * Rockets loading but not shooting after button release (seems randomly) –The ammo decreases but no rocket models go out. This did not happen before I think. I remember because I blew myself up so many times and now not so often, lol.
    This has some causes:
    - Prediction moving projectiles ahead too fast before you notice (but you'd see them explode, hit walls, etc).
    - Saturation on the game channel, capped by your net rate (is your netspeed on 20000 or higher?).
    - Overall connection saturation, packet loss.
    - Something's killing the projectile actors (99,9% unlikely unless you're tweaking or running clientside addons).

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    * Player position prediction (is that what you're doing @Higor?) seems very sketchy from my noob perspective. I didn't make a demo because the round was so much fun anyways. But you can see with your bare eyes that sometimes (often) position adjustments are being made very suddenly and erratically and aiming/predicting becomes useless in those situations. On the ramp in McSwartzly I defended, made mines and such, a lot of times the enemy came through or sometimes just "appeared" next to me. Vice versa this was also the case, when I attacked I often found myself behind the first defenders without having passed them. (I do not mean invisibility via the item.)
    Maybe the default MS cap for non compensated weapons is too high?
    What's your average ping on the server?

LCWeapons has two prediction values, a soft predict for weapons that have compensation and a hard predict for weapons without it.
    This is a sample of the LCWeapons.ini (default values)

Code:
    [LCWeapons_0015.LCMutator]
    bKickers=True
    bSWJumpPads=True
    bPendingWeapon=True
    bWeaponAnim=True
    bSimulateAmmo=True
    bUsePrediction=True
    bEnableMHhack=True
    MaxPredictNonLC=150.000000
    MaxPredictLC=50.000000
    Game speed does affect the scaling inversely because it's way harder to predict movement at higher speeds so the actual values are being divided by the real game speed (1.1 hardcore * 125%)
    So the actual time players and projectiles are being moved ahead are 109ms and 36ms.
    If movements looks too weird I can decrease the cap from 150 to 130-125.

This version does apply config saving at the end of a match (provided the map isn't manually switched, or server doesn't crash) so it can be done without shutting down the server.

***(I should pin this for a general config megapost later...)
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thanks for your quick reply and for being thorough as usual!

I have nothing important to say though. The following are just some thoughts, ramblings.

-

Well, my average ping is around 100ms. When connecting it hovers around 100-1500ms for a few seconds. When Ace is done loading the ping gets more stable.

My netspeed is at the standard value (20000). Should I decrease it? Or increase it? Especially in high ping environments.

I found this on ut99.org in your LCWeapons (v14) thread: "Anti-speed hack prevents firing the weapon serverside if the client runs too fast or too slow" – Maybe that's what happened? I had a lot of ping issues in the aforementioned game round so maybe it's that.

If you mean "cheating" by "tweaking"… Well, Ace says I'm fine and I concur. The only addon I installed manually is XConsole

I will adjust the net speed value and try some more.

And yes, you should create some kind of explanation (also for non-developers maybe) so we can understand how all this works. And also IF and WHAT we should change in our configs if there are complications, etc.

The way I understand it movement prediction or even projectile prediction is just "wrong". I can't see how it could be accurate? To me it seems like the addon is "taking over control" over player movement, etc. But as I said, I don't wholly understand what you're doing, hehe.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    rockets disappearing on me when someones right in front of me and ive physically hit them is insanely annoying

Next version you can add on a black list on F3
    Top nuke failer, and top bonus frag

I know, I'm a noob and all…

But my efficiency (frags vs deaths) has dropped from around 50% in most games to about 20% for the last 5 games of the new Siege.

Against some players (yeehaw and Monster for example) I stand no chance. Not only because they have better aim but because I CANNOT (I REPEAT, CANNOT) hit them properly anymore. Sometimes I fire a 6pack of rockets, hear the hit sound, they fly away from the explosion and nothing happens. No health decrease. Same for minigun which has become totally useless from my perspective. Same for shock rifle and of course the dreaded sniper rifle.

Yesterday on Clarion I emptied 200 ammo of minigun glory and I hit plenty (enemy got pushed, heard the sounds, etc). Enemy had 150 health all along and killed me by spamming the bio gun on SC...

I'm not complaining, really I'm not. It's just that this was NOT the case with the previous version. I simply do not know how to adapt to this

I will try to record some demos. Hopefully it's just my config that needs to be adjusted, namely netspeed. I guess it has to be since nobody else seems to have issues. Besides blaze's rockets disappearing as well if I understood your post correctly.

I like the antigrav pad though, it's nice for leech games and fun, lol.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    same issue as you @DontWorryBeHappy, I fire projectile/splash based weapons and nothing happens

Changed both values from 50,150 to 30,125.

Since clientside projectiles are mostly simulated, they don't always hit players as they do in servers.
    Would be nice to do something about that though...

On my end your adjustments have made a huge difference so far.

Could you perhaps enlighten me with the "correct" netspeed value? I changed it from 20.000 to 12.000 and it's better now. Any sweetspots that I'm missing?

Thanks again for your good work @Higor

Thread Information