User Tag List

Turning off fps limiter

Video showing what happens if you turn off your fps limiter.
    1080p 60fps

Code:
    	// Clamp time between 200 fps and 2.5 fps.
    	DeltaSeconds = Clamp(DeltaSeconds,0.005f,0.40f);
    Clamped internally on level tick, regardless of how the game engine waits for next frame.
    So if you force anything above 200, the game will run faster because DeltaSeconds cannot go below 0.005
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

And people complain when NewNet automatically toggles ACE's high performance mode to force their game to run at the normal speed when it detects that they're either shooting too fast or moving too fast. This is exactly why I added that. Even a marginal increase in speed can give someone a pretty significant unfair advantage.

The only times I've been kicked for shooting to fast, was when I was getting large ping spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    And people complain when NewNet automatically toggles ACE's high performance mode to force their game to run at the normal speed when it detects that they're either shooting too fast or moving too fast. This is exactly why I added that. Even a marginal increase in speed can give someone a pretty significant unfair advantage.
    I have only rarely played over the last year but a couple of weeks ago I came into uK's insta public and was averaging over 2 kicks a game from "shooting too fast". I do set my limit to it's highest possible, 180fps, so that may be why? There is no way I'd set any lower as it adds input lag.

I do agree, though, that high performance toggle should be forced on again with newnet (unless it was again already?) because speed hacking has seemed more rampant the more I've looked out for it, just wish the tolerance for shooting too fast was just a bit higher so I wouldn't be kicked multiple times a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Meth View Post
    I have only rarely played over the last year but a couple of weeks ago I came into uK's insta public and was averaging over 2 kicks a game from "shooting too fast". I do set my limit to it's highest possible, 180fps, so that may be why? There is no way I'd set any lower as it adds input lag.

I do agree, though, that high performance toggle should be forced on again with newnet (unless it was again already?) because speed hacking has seemed more rampant the more I've looked out for it, just wish the tolerance for shooting too fast was just a bit higher so I wouldn't be kicked multiple times a map.
    Is your ping inconsistent or do you have packet loss? If not, you might want to try some of ACE's other timing fixes or explicitly set your CPUSPEED. The tolerance is already pretty high for shooting too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Is your ping inconsistent or do you have packet loss? If not, you might want to try some of ACE's other timing fixes or explicitly set your CPUSPEED. The tolerance is already pretty high for shooting too fast.
    It jumps around from 95-115ish on uK's server. Rarely PL will jump to 1%, but usually steady at 0. Though I'm guessing if it's below 1.00% than it just shows 0 on F1.

Is their a very clear breakdown on the multiple ACE timing settings somewhere? I had figured high performance toggle would automatically set the best configuration.

As for the setting CPUSPEED in my UT shortcut, would that be necessary if my FPS is always 179.99?

Quote Originally Posted by Meth View Post
    It jumps around from 95-115ish on uK's server. Rarely PL will jump to 1%, but usually steady at 0. Though I'm guessing if it's below 1.00% than it just shows 0 on F1.

Is their a very clear breakdown on the multiple ACE timing settings somewhere? I had figured high performance toggle would automatically set the best configuration.

As for the setting CPUSPEED in my UT shortcut, would that be necessary if my FPS is always 179.99?
    http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ACE/Timing.txt

CPUSPEED is worth trying, as it will keep everything more consistent.

Thread Information