User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I reinstalled UT and the very first time i could set the CPU affinity > CPU 0.
    But the 2nd and 23765x after that, a redcross pop-up prompts saying; "Cannot complete task. Access Denied" when i click Affinity, That while i'm being Administrator. (It didn't improve much, frankly i still had major mouse lag during the menu's, especially on D3D and OpenGL with any resolution above 800x600)

@medor thank you but your links weren't useful for me because i own pretty much all patches, fixes, renders, ini's, maps etc on 2 dvd's. Still thanks for the efforts..

@seeya
    1). Yes, all of my drivers are up-to-date. It's the first thing i did after installing Windows.
    2). My Intel chipset is Q31 which boards the Intel GMA3100 (IGP) and i already got the latest Intel GMA Driver + CP.
    3). I already have a personal low spec ini (also on sja's page) that i made for the system i used to have on the 1st page (Athlon64) 6 months ago, however it didn't do much on my current system.

I'm no rookie, but i just don't understaind why ut would not run propertly on this machine.
    When i'm visiting my dad, the place where i usually get my UT time, he has a i7 CPU / Radeon HD4880+ and i don't need to fine-tune anything. Play's UT pretty much right away after new install without all the patch/fix etc hassle.

It seems that the only resolution that has steady fps and no mouse lag (menu's and in-game) is 320x240, and i often can't see jack-shit.. enemy targets are like smaller than my already very small dot crosshair, thus barely visible.

I'm trying to get a very cheap low-profile videocard somewhere this week. I was thinking of MSI Radeon R5450 1GB (based on HD5450), Asus GeForce EN210 1GB or Asus Radeon R5230 1GB (Based on R5 230). I'm very well aware that i cannot do any graphical magic with any of these cards, but i'm no hardcore gamer, i'm sure it'll do just fine with UT.

I hope the people at the shop knows if i could run the mentioned cards with a 240W psu, since it's not mentioned on any of the benchmark sites that review those cards.

Anyway guys thanks for your support, but for now i'm really tired to try anything else regarding these stupid problems..
    Last edited by Complete; 12-09-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    RoC^Nycro (TiG) - LaG|Complete - NLA*Dipset` (NW/IG)
    http://www.prounreal.org
    ut-stats: http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=pinfo&pid=28661

Quote Originally Posted by Complete View Post
    @seeya
    1). Yes, all of my drivers are up-to-date. It's the first thing i did after installing Windows.
    2). My Intel chipset is Q31 which boards the Intel GMA3100 (IGP) and i already got the latest Intel GMA Driver + CP.
    3). I already have a personal low spec ini (also on sja's page) that i made for the system i used to have on the 1st page (Athlon64) 6 months ago, however it didn't do much on my current system.
    I'm no rookie, but i just don't understaind why ut would not run propertly on this machine.
    with all of the specs/details that you have included in your posts, I had a good impression that you were tech savvy, but just incase, I figured I'd be brief with the nerd talk lol

this situation is sort of sounding like it may be hardware related, hopefully a separate videocard will solve the problem.. as far as those two sff silent gpu's, I'd probably go with the NVidia since it'll draw about 30w as opposed to the ati which is about 75w.

did you happen to notice if you were getting atleast 60fps in game and also the stability/fluctuation of frames?

vsync off/swapinterval=0

mark c's mouse fix to get rid of windows EPC if DirectInput=false

intelspeedstep,core heat/voltage throttling off,turboboost and hyperthreading - just a few bios settings that could potentially impact UT99

Still no reports on Software renderer...
    PD: windowed Software can run 10x faster than fullscreen in some systems.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

@Complete I think I read in a previous post that you're using Chicken's UT? I've always experienced funky issues with it myself, so if I were you, this is what I'd do:

1) Start with a fresh copy of UT with default everything (textures, etc.): http://www.unrealkillers.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

2) After using the 436NoDeltaPatch, put cwdohnal's OpenGL and D3D9 drivers in your UnrealTournament/System directory.

3) Now for the fun part. Try out UT with various combinations of the following, and treat it like an eye doctor would when trying out combinations of lenses (better or worse? if worse, revert to previous combination):

  a) Different renderers (including software as Higor suggested)

  b) The more important rendering settings (framerate, vsync/swapinterval, etc.); if darkness is an issue, increase the GammaOffset in your renderer's settings

  c) Fullscreen vs windowed

  d) Use the CPUSPEED parameter on your UT shortcut, start with your advertised speed of 2230, but try increasing or decreasing it by increments of 100 or 200, and go in the direction of whatever makes your UT feel better
      
      e) Try a few different modes for ACE; start with ACE's defaults, then try "mutate compattoggle" first (with highperf off), then disable that (by entering the command again) and try "mutate highperftoggle"; and of course go with whichever feels best
    Last edited by TimTim; 12-10-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: formatting

@seeya & @TimTim thank you guys for your support.

I'm planning of buying a new videocard since the igp is pretty lame..
    I've been through much hassle sorting various things regarding my lousy 240W PSU.
    If you have time, please read through the following thread i posted for help, you guys seems smart, maybe you can give me a clear second opinion..

Low Profile Videocard & 240W PSU [HP-Compaq DC7800 Business PC SFF] - Graphics Cards - Graphics & Displays

I'm the OP "Maluku1985" btw

I'm heading off to work now, I'll check during luch break for some reply's, and i will try those other things when i get home in about 12+ hours (We have a company christmass party with colleages tonight..)
    Last edited by SAM; 12-11-2014 at 07:02 AM.

I would def suggest you download the full installers from the download section here. Using 'preconfigured' UT might cause issues and basically follow timtims advice. There's no need for you to purchase a card IMO. UT used to work on P2 300mhz just fine. And is more CPU dependant than graphics card.
    Last edited by SAM; 12-11-2014 at 07:02 AM.

i'll try that. I am thinking about getting a Radeon R7240. But i'm not sure if it'll work with my 240W PSU.

The cards TDP= 38W however, with Metro:Last Light at 1080p resolution and Ultra setting it peaks 75W idle ane 175W continious... I hope 38W is under normal circumstances. My 12v rail is +12V / 7.4A making me think it's way to low, like people on my previous link site said..

What r your thoughts on this?
    RoC^Nycro (TiG) - LaG|Complete - NLA*Dipset` (NW/IG)
    http://www.prounreal.org
    ut-stats: http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=pinfo&pid=28661

Its touch and go really. The margin is so narrow. Too narrow. And if you did happen to just play a game that does draw 40 your comp will just turn off. I'd find crashes more frustrating than video card lag. I was going to suggest turning off CPU throttling in BIOS if its there but looks like someone already suggested. What OS are you using ?

Yea other people also said it were too narrow.

Win7 Ulti 64-bit

Too bad.. I was planning to get a card within next 2h, but i guess i just cant upgrade card without changing case and psu, which im not going to do.. Oh well i'll try those configs, i'll check bios for throttle and if none of those work, too bad. I could live with no UT.
    Last edited by Complete; 12-11-2014 at 12:51 PM.

I'd suggest you downgrade to XP as it requires less resources to run the system and more free for games etc. Your cpu is a pretty weak CPU in the first place and rather old. And you are making it weaker by using win 7

Before you do that I'd suggest setting power options to high performance

Thread Information