Disappearing SAM???? - Page 7

User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    TeamLDG
    TeamLDG is the gym I fight out of ie originating gym. Our base is in Kyokushin Karate with a mixture of Boxing and Mugendo.

It has been confirmed though, I am fighting at the incorrect weight. And whilst I do well, I could do much better at a lower weight. It's time to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    MMA fighters from Lions Den Gym
    Sounds like you know it well. I don't think I ever mentioned the meaning of the acronym?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Sounds like you know it well. I don't think I ever mentioned the meaning of the acronym?
    You know, Google is sometimes your friend. Just have to type MMA+LDG
    Blond's copyrighted

As a confirmed keyboard warrior I feel very small now

Congratulations! I had no idea the weight restrictions are so pedantic. Makes sense though. Any videos of those fights?

gj Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Congrats! I feel proud of you for some reason! That guy looks probably wiry but still way skinny. A friend of mine was on the wrestling team at Bronx Science a few years after Neil Degrasse Tyson. He told me they would live on M&M's for a week (or some days?) before weigh in to ensure the lowest weight class they could manage. Surely it was hard on the body but competition was heavy.
    heh....glad I never had issues making weight when I wrestled!

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    As a confirmed keyboard warrior I feel very small now

Congratulations! I had no idea the weight restrictions are so pedantic. Makes sense though. Any videos of those fights?
    There are some videos but the quality is pretty poor. Also, I don't know whether any of my opponents would agree for these to be made available. I think it's maybe best to not post them!

Weight category is definitely a major factor in whether you will succeed or not. I mean, generally, you want to fight as lean as you can because it costs less to power the muscle. Usually, the heavier guys are tall. The less weighty guys are short. I'm in the middle weight category, I have a alot of sense muscle which I should be losing. To be honest,I should probably be fighting at bantam or flyweight. Definitely closer to the 60kg mark.
    Last edited by SAM; 02-22-2016 at 07:32 PM.

congrats @SAM on your success! I myself was mad about Kyokushin back in the day and being 175/5'7 I gave up when I realised I will never stand a chance against six feeters plus so kudos for not letting it go
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

@SAM – Understood! Thanks for the explanation. And give your foot some rest, man.

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    congrats @SAM on your success! I myself was mad about Kyokushin back in the day and being 175/5'7 I gave up when I realised I will never stand a chance against six feeters plus so kudos for not letting it go
    It's hard and people who do not compete will never understand! Kicking someone is supposed to leave you out of reach of their punch. There's a video, one of these guys still able to punch me when I kicked. Now...just think about that for a moment. His arm was as long, if not longer than my leg.

Short man problems.
    Last edited by SAM; 02-23-2016 at 06:37 AM.

necessitates superlative ducking & weaving skills!
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."
    -George H. W. Bush Sr. (Scherff)

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

Thread Information