User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would nerfing mines be helpful?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave them the way they are

15 41.67%
  • Limit the max number of mines

13 36.11%
  • Nerf damage or require higher upgrades

7 19.44%
  • Increase build time

3 8.33%
  • Increase visibility

7 19.44%
  • Increase cost

4 11.11%
  • Don't pay out for nuke kills

1 2.78%
  • Increase RU leeched from mines

12 33.33%
  • Give mines a time limit or drain HP (must rebuild)

2 5.56%
  • Limit number of mines per player

6 16.67%
  • Apply limits only during overtime

4 11.11%
  • Display effect on hit (Higor)

6 16.67%
  • Make Rocket Launcher detection highlight it (Higor)

9 25.00%
  • Reduce HP

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mines

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    We already have a rocket detection on mines like on builds....

But a lot of these options are absolutely nuts. Shame on you.
    Why?

Limit the max number of mines
    Nerf damage or require higher upgrades
    Increase visibility
    Increase RU leeched from mines
    Limit number of mines per player

This
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

The more things win, the more toned down the changes are.
    Not gonna pick the extreme nerf on each category.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

yo i got one thing to say about this mine situation - " its like ww2 on that bitch " its like fucking ww2 on fucking maps like butchered and simplex, cant nuke because theres that one guy getting hella RU from noob nukers nuking door and landing on mines and before you know it, theres 50 in the base and 25 in fucking mid, oh you want to go mid and kill some ppl? nah nigga other team got mines past mid spawn, mid to their base, their base, and inside their base its a fucking red carpet to the core .

Intresting thread to say the least. If any of these were to happen id want them to be:

Limit the max number of mines- Something reasonable like if there somehow could be certain limit depending on the size of the map somehow? Like say for example niven 7 and.... bathrooms 15?

Display effect on hit- Not sure what this one is but I wouldn't mind not having my rockets lock onto friendly buildings

Make Rocket Launcher detection highlight it - This could be interesting if done correctly, I personally like the feature not sure how others would react to it.

Increase RU leeched from mines- If that's the case, reduce there health by a little bit comparable to the ru gain.

Nerf damage or require higher upgrades-Make level 5 mine be able to kill max 300 shield belt and 150 health, while slowly dialing it down as you go.

Increase visibility- YESSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE.... I cant tell you the amount of times ive tried to leech a mine on public and some retard ass teammate walks into it and types "I didn't see it" trolling or being real, its hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Tomahawk View Post
    Display effect on hit- Not sure what this one is but I wouldn't mind not having my rockets lock onto friendly buildings

Increase visibility- YESSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE.... I cant tell you the amount of times ive tried to leech a mine on public and some retard ass teammate walks into it and types "I didn't see it" trolling or being real, its hard to tell.
    If @Higor implemented highlighting on hit, it means that if you start leeching a mine (i.e. you've hit it with one of your weapons) it becomes more visible to your team. This is basically what you're asking for, just applied selectively.

If putting this in, nuke damage should either not highlight or highlighting should fade if the mine is no longer being damaged - otherwise people can literally just reveal to their team with every nuke.

Also, I recommend making mines removable if a mine cap is finally going to be put in. We know some joker is going to build a stack of mines somewhere and leave.
    Last edited by Scourge; 07-08-2016 at 02:51 AM.

This is why siege is becoming boring. Remember we use to play with the same conditions/situations when we had old siege. People nowadays just complain if they find "something" not matching to their gamestyle.

-Bring minigun back to normal.
    -Bring neutron back with an increased cost. (avoids overtime in most circumstances)
    -Remove antigravity platform. I mean seriously, do we really need it?
    -Either fix the bugs in LCweps or bring back ZP with the ZP bug fixed. Many people will vouch for this one.

If its limited then make sure its removable by other player.
    Increase visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post

Combined with a SB + front dodge, it gives a much longer boost, making it useful in maps like Blackriver and Face, cause the gravity effect persists throughout the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post
    This is why siege is becoming boring. Remember we use to play with the same conditions/situations when we had old siege.
    Mine limits were even put into pugs. That should tell you something about the situation.

Change isn't always bad. You have to look at the impact of changes and what they do to the gameplay.

With that in mind, I'm always open to a discussion:

-Bring minigun back to normal.
    Miniguns. So what's the deal? I keep hearing that something is wrong with the minigun. Is it the fact that it was made LC? Is it the minigun's spread? Is it the minigun's DPS on players? What is so infuriating about it?

-Bring neutron back with an increased cost. (avoids overtime in most circumstances)
    As fun as neutrons were, they typically killed nukes or nukers that might have ended games long before OT. So maybe, but it'd have to be a pretty massive cost, at which point you'd probably be better off grabbing a stealth kit and trying your luck.

This platform is actually quite useful and makes mines more viable on maps like Bathrooms. Expect this to be even more true when Higor adds a Drag option to buildings. The main issues with AG platforms are that there's no "Downgrade" or "Lock level" option, so people screw up by upgrading them too much, and that there aren't many maps designed that make them maximally useful in and of themselves.
    @Higor: Do AG platforms soften landings? If they did, they'd probably find much greater use as a cheap building with expensive upgrades rather than an expensive building with moderately expensive upgrades.

-Either fix the bugs in LCweps or bring back ZP with the ZP bug fixed. Many people will vouch for this one.
    Can't argue with that.
    Last edited by Scourge; 07-08-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Thread Information