User Tag List

Question Server iss-yoos: Independence day edition

Some quick weirdness I've been noticing:

- Ace doesn't like my new renderer setup

- Sniper shots are STILL skipping occasionally on buildings; you'll lose an ammo but not deal consistent damage. This can really hurt when trying to stealth leech.

- Player limit is 24, with one admin slot; this is inherently uneven and should be 25, or 26 with 2 admin-only slots

Finally, I guess Siege is no longer in development? What does it take to learn doing it? I'm a novice programmer by comparison to actual CS graduates but I still do it for a living, so I guess I could take it up with the right instruction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_static_tumblr_static_28srsfwptb0g0cks8080wsogg_640.jpg  

The player slots used to be 23. Not sure who changed it.

The source for siege is on the github. Having an understanding of Java will help you to understand uscript. I believe higor would be happy to help / explain things / help you if you need.

Siege is no longer in development and I think most bugs have been ironed out by higor. The question to ask would be (with all good intents and purposes) - why would you like to take up it's Dev?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Sniper shots are STILL skipping occasionally on buildings; you'll lose an ammo but not deal consistent damage. This can really hurt when trying to stealth leech.
    THIS^
    you changed slots last time sam. i saw you didn't change it back.

That is a lie

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Siege is no longer in development and I think most bugs have been ironed out by higor. The question to ask would be (with all good intents and purposes) - why would you like to take up it's Dev?
    Just as Higor experimented with new concepts that would become part of the core game in new maps, it would be a chance to see how the game could still evolve or be played in new ways in new maps. It wouldn't even necessarily have to touch how the game is played in most maps now (unless the community thought it was a good idea), but provide some interesting directions for the game's future. Can we make some maps more frag centric? More nuke centric? More build-centric? Or even just tweak a few values and change gameplay substantially?

Outworld Hold is one example of how experimental changes were eventually brought to pub or how Siege could be integrated into the way maps worked to change how the game is usually played. Remember this thread? That kind of stuff would be cool to try out IMO, although a lot of non-traditional maps never really caught on (Jay's IceArena - Yes, Outworld too and the rainy thing, and Nimbus come to mind).

Above all of this, though, the biggest problems with Siege are communication barriers and heavy learning curves with no tutorials. I think adding these would do a lot to increase the overall competence of the playerbase and make team play a lot less frustrating.

Also, to channel Kenneth, sniper shots are still skipping on buildings. =)

You can find the source on github. If you want to build a version that's up to you. I can't guarantee it will be played on server though....unless you thoroughly test beforehand and also keep a similar Dev log on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - Ace doesn't like my new renderer setup
    http://www.kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

May I get a whitelist for the DLL? My machine handles this renderer far better than anything else I've yet tried.

Also, to channel Kenneth again... sniper shots are still skipping on buildings. =)

@SAM has no clue what's causing sniper shots skipping on buildings.
    so most likely it will never get fixed.

It's the LC version there won't be any update to it....unless @Higor makes one. Maybe we can downgrade.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Lets roll back a version then on both publics and pug

Thread Information