User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nail this rule down: Platform teles

A while back I made a platform, similar to how Higor has done it:

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...=platform+tele

This platform prevented an offensive tele from killing my team; it was placed before the tele was made.

According to the rules, but not to that topic, you may not platform any tele, but does that include a preventative platform?

Now today, kJ~ placed a platform over Chamberly's tele, presumably after she built the tele. Blaze has said this is illegal.

And we can all agree that putting a platform over a standard always-on MAP tele is ALWAYS illegal to prevent things like laming the roof on Face.

So to ask: Do I understand this rule properly? Platforms may PREVENT if made BEFORE a tele, but not to stop AFTER a tele is made? If the second part is right, is that because it makes the super mine redundant; and if it is, why not simply modify the engine to prevent building a platform over a building/active tele rather than making it a rule?

Finally, after a lengthy discussion about this with a mod it seems apparent to me that some of these rules are not announced enough and not set up to be in accordance with the thread on the forums, though they should be.

Before or after doesn't matter.
    If the tele is a Siege tele, it should be possible to block it to prevent attacks.

It is relatively simple to recover a lost tele as both ends share damage, you simply move your base tele to the middle of the map and let it die twice to recover it.
    Please lift, I don't want to be rude.

- - - Updated - - -

PD: I already nailed it down in code ffs.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Last edited by Scourge; 09-07-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    A while back I made a platform, similar to how Higor has done it:

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...=platform+tele

This platform prevented an offensive tele from killing my team; it was placed before the tele was made.

According to the rules, but not to that topic, you may not platform any tele, but does that include a preventative platform?

Now today, kJ~ placed a platform over Chamberly's tele, presumably after she built the tele. Blaze has said this is illegal.

And we can all agree that putting a platform over a standard always-on MAP tele is ALWAYS illegal to prevent things like laming the roof on Face.

So to ask: Do I understand this rule properly? Platforms may PREVENT if made BEFORE a tele, but not to stop AFTER a tele is made? If the second part is right, is that because it makes the super mine redundant; and if it is, why not simply modify the engine to prevent building a platform over a building/active tele rather than making it a rule?

Finally, after a lengthy discussion about this with a mod it seems apparent to me that some of these rules are not announced enough and not set up to be in accordance with the thread on the forums, though they should be.
    We have to clarify this rule and put it in the uK siege rules section. Some maps Higor also build platforms on tele to stop the movement and attackers coming through the tele. So can we clarify is making platform on another players tele allowed or not? KJ~ should be un banned as the current rule is in dispute.

Regards
    Kumar_Jodha

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Jodha View Post
    KJ~ should be un banned as the current rule is in dispute.
    I already told him and confirmed it to him that it is bannable, and he refused to remove it. Beside, it's just 25 matches.

Edit: To clarify more info for below post (Higor) the map was IcePost (Idk where the midspawn is at or not usable) and the platform was directly into middle of the tele.

Edit x2: Got a clarification, blaze said platform on buildable tele is not bannable but the ones on the map IS bannable if it happens.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 09-08-2016 at 05:25 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

BTW, depending on the height at which the platform is... you MAY want to keep said tele open.
    If you happen to get a midget suit and you actually manage to port in...

- - - Updated - - -

Simple case lack of communication, I didn't properly make it clear about the teles (except for a couple of obscure threads), GeyJ should be able to get back in.
    Main issue here is the 'broken phone' case where a temporary rule was made about these platforms, got patched right away and now there's this ghost rule being told from player to player and ultimately affecting the mods.

- - - Updated - - -

All mods:
    - Platforms can't be built on map teles as per 0025 code restrictions. (neither to block suppliers, which caused Vatiko's long ban lel)
    - Any other platform placements are ok, as long as they follow the standard 'non-griefing' code of conduct (don't block your teammates, etc)
    - I can't remember if in 0025 the antigravity platforms have said code restrictions applied, so keep an eye on those until 0027 is released.
    Last edited by Higor; 09-07-2016 at 08:16 PM.

I thought teles that is built in the map, you can't put platforms over but if you make the tele yourself anyone can make a platform over it(?)

So, preventative platforms like meantioned by Scourge are ok? First come, first serve?

wait, is icepost updated @Higor? i know you made an update with a midspawn but idk if it had been updated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    i know you made an update with a midspawn but idk if it had been updated yet.
    I tried, apparently it didn't work.

Thread Information