User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    All of your work is just epic ferali, too bad you're making those awesome things for an almost 15 years old game

lol, they are all ridiculous in a good way but I'd love to try the miner in bluevember

I'd love to see these visuals in siege some day along with some new items. They are just epic.

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by OuTlaW View Post
    All of your work is just epic ferali, too bad you're making those awesome things for an almost 15 years old game
    Well, the thing is, newer games either suck, have poor modding support or no support at all, and when it comes to engines, although I was marveled at UDK at first (for example), then I saw how much of a crap it actually turns out to be all things considered (still glitchy, consumes WAY too many resources, and forces you to use certain kinds of proprietary software if you want it to work properly [f*cking Flash!]).
    Unity, Source and others have all severe shortcomings: Unity needs payment for certain key features, Source sucks, and others are either too weak, too glitchy, or are projects without much of a future.

On another hand, people are actually getting more interested in gameplay and concept, rather than visuals nowadays (Minecraft is a great example of this, and the mobile industry is pushing this even further with their current limitations yet wide usage), this because the quality of AAA games is quickly stalling (they keep adding more visual features, but in reality, who really gives a damn about them? Most of them do not add anything significant but still eat your GPU out for breakfast), and adding to this they are getting more and more restrictive by eliminating completely even the option to do custom content for them.

Now, when it comes to this mod in specific, this is the last iteration of it, and since it started in this game, it will end in this game, and I hope to end it properly (hence all this content).

As for future stuff, I have actually something quite big to work on under my sleeve, which goes far beyond this mod and any other thing I have made so far. It will be made for this engine (and will be able to run from UT, but in reality it won't be exactly UT anymore). UT is the perfect starting platform for the concept I want to implement: it's simple, it's fast on older machines, it's faster for me to prototype on, and I love this combo:
    demo + nodelta patch + updated renderers + updated sound drivers + native expansion + custom content = win! = full free legal non-commercial UEngine 1 new game (well, a combo like this is generally called total conversion instead)

The native side is severally unexplored (and all the native stuff I saw only helps mostly other developers like me to learn things, but are useless on their own as they are right now and thus they are not used at all), but if well explored and complemented with a number of another few things (content, web component, customization, etc), maybe something nice enough may come out of it imho.
    In another words: I will go native next, which has endless possibilities, and thus I won't be chained by many of the UEngine1 limitations anymore, either in functionality, gameplay or in visual content
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 11-19-2013 at 09:40 AM.

UPDATE: The final version is finished, and is now being tested by an internal small team of beta-testers, and therefore a few days from now up to 1 or 2 weeks it should be released to public. I won't give an exact date since it depends mostly on the beta-team and a few things I have to prepare beforehand along with it.

In the meanwhile I present the last 2 oversurrection videos: UltimaProtos and Cybot Launcher (it's highly suggested to play them in HD).

UltimaProtos Oversurrection: This is the most powerful oversurrection (who knew?...), and is also a "game finisher", which means that whatever gametype you use it in, once it ends the match is instantly won (this can of course be configured in the settings, and thus disabled is so wanted).

Cybot Launcher Oversurrection: This is the second most powerful oversurrection, but it's not a game finisher. It spawns a "master cybot" which controls a swarm of dozens of smaller cybots. They all have a limited amount of health however, so you can generally beat it with another oversurrection (curious fact: during testing, a bot used the IRPR oversurrection to "clean" most of my cybots swarm, which was interesting).

Before the public final release, I will also release a new version of the standalone gore system that I developed and released half a year ago (mainly with bug fixes and new options).

Jesus fuck this is simply amazing....
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Very cool @Feralidragon !!

can't wait .

Here it is, the public release of Nali Weapons 3 Final:

Download: (choose one of them, they're the same in different formats)
    ZIP: NW3Final
    or
    UMOD: NW3Final_UMOD

Redirect files (for redirect servers only): NW3FinalRedirect

As the name implies, this is the last release of the series and there won't be another one, as I am moving on to do something else (semi-UT related).
    So, have fun

Thread Information