User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Oh get lost @d3R any moron would know that team switching to the winning team is a shitty thing to do. You're not going to get out of the ban. Just get used to it.
    Why do you insult me? Also: why is it a shitty thing to do if a weaker player from the losing team switches with the strongest player of the winning team? Isn't that what the teambalancer should be doing but isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Not a bad idea, but maybe it could work similarly to what SJA described in the other thread where switches are allowed only if it helps teams. It might also help to tell players in advance when they're about to be switched and/or give multiple players the option to switch.
    Thank you, finally a constructive response in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Also, 500 match ban seems a bit excessive but if d3r does this a lot I suppose it fits. I can't imagine him doing it again after this.
    I still haven't seen the rule after at least 6 admins/mods looked at this topic (even more admins/mods if you include previous topics), i have mentioned before i'm fine with following rules but i need to know in advance of playing what those rules are. Or did this community turn into one where admins ban for whatever reason they feel like at that moment without any rules or consistancy of rules?

You are correct i will never switch teams again. I already stopped switching teams from the winning (when my team was 5+ caps up) to the losing team, now i will also never switch if my team is losing when i'm the weaker player (which being 5+ caps down clearly shows).

Quote Originally Posted by uenz View Post
    who could have told before the switch that it'll actually help the losing team?
    It was just a lucky coincidence that someone probably joined the server and was better. It could have been someone even worse and teams would've been fucked even more.
    Switching to the winning team without asking someone better to switch places is never a good idea...
    I knew it would help, because the balancer usually switches a player with more cookies to the other team. Also: asking someone better to switch? They don't do that nowadays (including several people posting in this topic).

TLDR; Admin in spec with fakenick watches 3 games in a row the terrible teams and does nothing, as soon as he noticed somebody trying to fix the teams he bans that guy, high fives all around on the admin crew because terrible teams are awesome.
    Last edited by d3R; 07-26-2015 at 08:51 AM.

I didn't insult you. Read the paragraph properly.

Think it hardly ever happens that an individual feels like he is bringing down the team on a public game. But in general switching to a winning team is bannable. (This was mainly the case in siege) But yeah the logical reasoning for banning behind this is stacking the opposite team even more.

could you just remove that teamswitching shid already please?
    when I play with kyaxiz on one of the two uk public servers we get switched 20+ times sometimes its annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by riveN View Post
    could you just remove that teamswitching shid already please?
    when I play with kyaxiz on one of the two uk public servers we get switched 20+ times sometimes its annoying as fuck.
    thats off topic nickelbacker, create a new one

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I didn't insult you. Read the paragraph properly.
    There were several insults in your sentence. You told me to get lost, you said that i'm a moron (by using a common sophist trick to hide it), you insulted my intelligence ("any ... would know..") and used a weasel word ("shitty"). Now, you can insult me all you want and ban me for whatever reason you feel like. I dont pay the bills so you can do what you want but its not very nice, is it?

I have another suggestion to mitigate the team-balance-debacle: put a caplimit on CTF, 10 caps f.e. is enough to win a map. If its 5-0 in 4 minutes i don't mind playing on the losing team if they cap us out in 8 minutes, but playing the whole map while knowing there is not a chance of winning it and always ending with 15+ caps against is just boring for everyone involved.

d3r be happy u got 500 matches! i got 30 days! for being in spec tring to help teams out! o well, there server there rules! but thats a great idea to a cap limit the teams get out of wack its over quik! i vote for that!

Quote Originally Posted by d3R View Post
    There were several insults in your sentence. You told me to get lost, you said that i'm a moron (by using a common sophist trick to hide it), you insulted my intelligence ("any ... would know..") and used a weasel word ("shitty"). Now, you can insult me all you want and ban me for whatever reason you feel like. I dont pay the bills so you can do what you want but its not very nice, is it?
    Get lost isn't exactly an insult. Is it?
    I don't need to hide behind anything. I can say what I like. Just like you can. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and free speech. I suppose you could call the 'moron' sort of insulting since it does, somewhat in this scenario, describe the IQ level of pub players who do this on purpose. The word shitty was more used as an adjective.

It's good to have that cleared up.

@d3R, 500 is nothing, one or two days will do. I've been banned for the same reason. I know how you feel if good players aliasing and stack for one side and pwn the other side. Only ppl have IQ can figure out this way to move good player to other side done by the auto-balancer after switch side. But nothing we can do, rules are rules. Have to pay if break rule.
    It is just a freaking 20 years old game, just go to do other things in the meantime.
    Last edited by Metatron; 07-26-2015 at 07:42 PM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Can I just say there is several server scrolls that clearly state, no cheating, no spawnkilling and no team switching. Lastly like uenz said it was merely coincidence that the other team caught up after you switched. There was no way you could have guaranteed that someone better would join blue. Lastly add to the fact you weren't aware no admins or mods because nordog was aliasing, just tells me the complete opposite of your intentions?

Thread Information