SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 17

User Tag List

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I don't know, it's been like that from before I picked up, maybe because of the harm that's done when removing those builds when in good positions.
    I mean can it be applied maybe as a Nexgen plugin so moderators can remove problematic builds like I said previously, not everyone having the ability to remove everything.

By forced I mean the constructor for example, that is a huge game changer for a lot of people.

You are very stubborn Higor, you cannot deny that, as you are the siege dev you know the complete inner workings and what in your opinion is best, others who dislike it need to get used to it because you refuse to change it.

Not trying to piss on your fireworks Higor, your work is very much appreciated but there are a lot of bugs in the latest version, not the odd one. I have experience with mod dev as well remember and I would never leave a version on the server and make people suffer while I investigate mistakes I created unknowingly, I roll back to the previous version so no players have to deal with the bugs.

Is there a changelog posted anywhere? I would like to look at the things that have been added/changed for this latest version. I think there are many advantages and information I am not getting which could improve my game play methods.

My posts are not intentionally attacks or having ago. It is my view and opinion which has always been raw.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 01-05-2016 at 08:50 AM.

@BREIZU I found the bug with switch priority... it's in LCWeapons ().
    A temporary workaround is to disable double enforcer spawn with core on level 5, your pick.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...361#post105361
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    okay will do that then, what about the nuke constructor issue? any ideas on that?

What kind of constructor bind are you using?

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    G=SwitchWeapon 10|Setmode 0 0

switches between sniper/constructor/nuke

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    different to fleece's question I think rockets got fixed? they finally land where they are supposed to and register? yeehaw plis confirm
    LCWeapons still operating as usual, you can completely kill prediction now to prevent that effect... you'll be losing that slight advantage with non-LC weapons tho.

MUTATE PREDICTION shows a guide on how to use it, which is this:

Code:
    MUTATE PREDICTION VALUE to control the prediction cap
    > Add a numeric value (in ms), 0 disables prediction.
    > Add DEFAULT as value to let the server control the prediction cap.
    Regarding the constructor, the only buggy bind I've found so far is SelectMode.
    SelectMode is coded to immediately put down the active weapon, but that cause weird behaviour if you're firing.
    I've not been able to reproduce strange weapon switch behaviour
    JoyZ=GetWeapon sgTranslocator|Selectmode 1 0|Buildit

I'm still gonna try your bind for a while.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105350]I mean can it be applied maybe as a Nexgen plugin so moderators can remove problematic builds like I said previously, not everyone having the ability to remove everything.
    It was never brought up before (not that I've seen any on the forum here) but you know as some peoples are, they will remove anything and players will complain and it cause the negative impact to carry on because originally, the rule stated no one allowed to remove build without permission, etc.

I don't think it'll be a Nexgen plugin though, it'll have to be defined in a new siege class permission obtaining Nexgen permission or maybe an separate ini, whichever will be easier to declare setting in the code. However, to slightly trail off topic: CacusMapVote use Nexgen permission so anyone who try to kick a Mod or an Admin, it prevent the kick from happening. Now to put it together, Siege can set up collecting the player's Nexgen permission (like CacusMapVote) to allow mass removal & no kick, or as I wish to obtain the same permission on my server to mass remove/no kick. Sure, an only-admin command can remove everything (killall SuperProtector as stated in xconsole feature) but I don't wanna remove all the build at once. @.seVered.][ take note you might be interested to test this when you get time.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Btw, if the Nexgen detection doesn't work, I'll have a tiny serveractor made to make moderators have unrestricted constructors, now it's actually possible, even if I messed up so please test if you can remove bad builds and report.
    (I used SpawnCopy... but I doubt it's actually being called)
    @all mods
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

not sure if there has been another update but "Admins and Nexgen moderators can remove all buildings except core" doesn't work, Yesterday on clarion a player who will be banned the next time I see him built a troll certain death tele in the supplier and then left. I tried several times to remove it but it didn't happen. In the end a nuke destroyed it, most of the team fell to their death not realising what happened and then fell in it again.

Another thing I am struggling on is the RU system, what are the colour changes about? The main one is I see the red RU amount and my RU is frozen, sometimes I am nowhere near anybody and havent built anything yet I get penalised for something? Any light on this would be appreciated.

@Chamberly The remove would only be open to mods, not all players. It is a way the above problem could be solved before half the server starts to rage.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105495]The main one is I see the red RU amount and my RU is frozen, sometimes I am nowhere near anybody and havent built anything yet I get penalised for something? Any light on this would be appreciated.
    that's probably because one of your team mate(s) is shooting the suplier repeatedly. it should count down. the green is ru earning orange is when someone kills you or you suicide.

(never knew i lose 10 ru when getting killed.)

Thread Information