User Tag List

RU and core score update DELAY?

pretty sure it started from this version. whenever I nuke enemy core my RU is updated like 2-3 seconds late. earlier it used to be instant. Also the core health is also updated with a bit of a lag (1-2 seconds). Does anybody else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post
    pretty sure it started from this version. whenever I nuke enemy core my RU is updated like 2-3 seconds late. earlier it used to be instant. Also the core health is also updated with a bit of a lag (1-2 seconds). Does anybody else have this problem?
    I thought that was just me so i didnt even bother to make a post... but yeah, I have notice that as well.

That's a sign of saturation and funky data prioritization.
    The RU is stored on the actor that also contains your score, player name, etc. and that actor has a very low priority (sgPRI).

Then there's the fact there's 20 of those (one per player) updating RU, and at least on 10 players that shouldn't (because they're not on your team)... it's not the best design.
    And I don't remember having altered the way sgPRI updates so what's happening is likely a side effect of something else.

I remember increasing the update frequency of Super Protectors and Mines to improve playability (because the earlier they arrive to your client, the earlier you react) so that's one of the factors adding to the connection saturation, especially after you nuke and there's a shitload of data coming in.
    While I have no immediate fix for this, (SiegeNative plugin was taking care of this), you should increase netspeed to 25000 to reduce saturation.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    While I have no immediate fix for this, (SiegeNative plugin was taking care of this), you should increase netspeed to 25000 to reduce saturation.
    You sure the server won't start kicking me with 25000 netspeed?

My netspeed is set to 30000, the server simply clamps it down to the max rate it allows.
    Since the XC_IpDrv update against attacks 25000 been the default max netspeed.

My netSpeed is 20.000, so i can up it to 30.000?

CHANGE SERVER LOCATION! DD
    Never Lucky.

You can up to any value, the server will clamp to 25000.

Ooohhh. I thought it was just me too. O.o

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information