Ideal Newnet setup for players

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ideal Newnet setup for players

Hi there,
    For the life of me I can't figure out NN. When I play against high ping players I can't hit them. When I play as a high pinger the low pingers shoot me before I see them come around a corner. When I play the same players on servers without Newnet I can kill them. What do I need to make this function better? Currently using Open GL and 20000 netspeed. Thanks

@TimTim?

Actually i would love to know this too. In zeroping or regular instagib, i was able to time when they could shoot again, and adjust my moves accordingly. Now people can shoot so fast on my screen, i cant even fire between their two shots. Im not saying people shoot faster, i just want to be able to time some.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    ...Im not saying people shoot faster...

They actually might, a few weeks ago my wife's 12-year old cousin visited us and I let him play on my pc and my new mouse g402, he played on uk or us instagib don't remember but he was like spamming the fire mouse button (being a noob) and suddenly he got disconnected with the explanation 'your weapon is firing faster than it's supposed to', I was like wow, don't know what to make of it as it has never happened to me.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

@soma it happens when you left and right click at the same time or closely together causes some kind of strange bug in newnet where you can shoot twice but you end up getting kicked out of the server because of this.

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS ON PURPOSE WE WILL BAN UR ASS.

also high ping players in NN are harder to hit I notice any player above 130 or more tend to be more difficult to hit for whatever reason this may be some players you can even see them moving differently (real noticable(just a smidge) 180+ping players)

Their is also some form of delay its nearly different everytime I play I guess its my connection I have to time my shots and adjust it constantly...
    Last edited by UNrealshots; 05-31-2016 at 12:49 PM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

no need for threats - I care too much about acccuracy...
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

@soma that was for everyone who reads that not just for you

http://www.speedyshare.com/8aWss/shots2016.rar#

my current ini's for you guys... may fix some issues or it may cause some who knows GL.

http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ACE/Timing.txt
    for configuring ur ACE timing to make ur game run better (settings vary due to your PC/laptop read carefully)

@UT-Sniper-SJA94
    Last edited by UNrealshots; 06-01-2016 at 09:12 AM.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Hi there,
    When I play against high ping players I can't hit them. When I play as a high pinger the low pingers shoot me before I see them come around a corner.
    +1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my opinion/feeling

sniper arena. Newnet firerate is bit slower than zp. The most important thing that is solved the zp "crouch headshot bug". I like it (nice hit sound TimTim) and it's essential on these server.

instagib. Sometimes shots get out with strange delay, players with low ping remain with huge advantage. In "corners maps" I feel slow, always. One example is the Duku's boost (bases, I mean), 8/10 times I'm dead , though my crosshair is ready. Better not mention gauntlet, or worse eternal cave.. The handicap is terrible.

nw. It wouldn't be bad if there weren't idiots with minigun everywhere (any reference to Siege is wanted)

Something something... even playing field. Look for my other posts on that subject. Same with ACE timing, which is a huge one. 17+ year old engine needs ACE (or XC_Engine) to fix timing issues with modern CPUs.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    it happens when you left and right click at the same time or closely together causes some kind of strange bug in newnet where you can shoot twice but you end up getting kicked out of the server because of this.
    My old mouse still double shoot by only clicking on left mouse. Even with mouse right click disabled.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information