SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 37

User Tag List

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    That about sounds right, there was a hiccup in-between.

- - - Updated - - -

1.) Keep getting these lately, almost every day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	3279

2.) Something or somebody set my in game flag to Canada. What's up with that? Never had that before.

Recent bugs/quirks/balance issues:

- @SAM @|uK|B|aZe//. Instabuild/framerate issues. I know this isn't Higor's problem but I think attention should be drawn to this. Also, are you guys planning on version 26 any time soon? This fixes a few important bugs, like 550-cost shieldbelt, software rendering seeing invisible shieldbelts, translocators fucking up when too close to the ceiling, and mines not taking full headshot damage if a player attacks from too far above or below.

- LC: We've got double shock balls, disappearing rockets and bio (particularly during times of heavy server load), meshes disconnecting from hitboxes (see game of badneighbors yesterday where I'm fighting @jay2 with piston), people killing with charged pistons from 30 feet away (high ping, low server load - see UL-Sven thread in reports/complaints). EDIT: @Skarn can corroborate this - direct hits will sometimes not register; not with shock, not with sniper, not with ASMD pulse. Sometimes even blood will show up; nothing.

- Platforms. They'll hold translocators, but the translocators will appear to drop through the platforms. Occasionally, you will appear to fall through a platform and jetpacks may engage even though you're standing atop the platform, usually during leech games or high server load.

- Annoying renders. Sometimes you'll be leeching a container that's rendered because you saw its center during your approach, but it will disappear from view after a few seconds.

- Hyper leechers - sometimes the stream is so fast it will self-detonate, particularly your first shot if it's a big blob. This can be fatal.

- Ape cannons - These recharge way too quickly with normal supplier. They probably also shouldn't recharge period, particularly when you consider their use case; it's begging people to camp and spam on maps like ShitVember.

- Health pod - Could probably use a buff. Players are much more liable to build a second supplier since extra ammo and armor together with repairing make the HP sort of redundant. When HP is useful, it's usually when your team is too ignorant or dumb to repair, in which case more RU is probably being funneled toward desperately defending.

- Grenade launchers - Mostly useless if they spawn without EMP.

- Poison guardians - occasionally "track" a player that has died and respawned while under its influence.

- Super protectors - Will "heal" a player under 10hp to 10hp if it hits them. If a player has more than 10hp and a shieldbelt, it sometimes will set their hp to 10 without first stripping off the shieldbelt.

- Speed - Only inconsistently deactivates when "inventoryactivate" button is pressed.

Questions:

- Abandoned, rarely-used suppliers/health pods - Removable in version 26?

- Core - Do incremental upgrades benefit RU gain rate?

- Damage amp/invis/timed items: Are incremental upgrades useless?

- Does version 26 silence other weapons like the minigun and ripper properly when using dampener?
    Last edited by Scourge; 09-13-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered. View Post
    Add Unreal1's rifle and automag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - Damage amp/invis/timed items: Are incremental upgrades useless?
    upping Invis only adds some duration
    Amp is 2x damage if lvl 0-4 and if lvl 5 then it is 3x damage (if im not wrong) @Higor
    Last edited by skaarj_dulog; 09-13-2016 at 07:03 PM.

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

0026 has a couple of critical bugs, good thing it was set to be a private build.
    Regarding EMP, Shield-Belt, etc. the profile wasn't properly updated with the 0025 build, it's one of the reasons there's less nukers or they're dying too easily. EMP Frag and Gas should be buildables.
    Ape campers need a ban (5*2=10 i'm looking at you).
    Poison Guardian affectors were completely rewritten in 0026, they're amazing.
    Damage Amp timer uses a hacky solution which I don't particularly like, gonna be rewriting it... upgrading Amp is well worth it (30s to 55s, 2.0x to 2.5x)

@SAM the server keeps getting full 1s lockups. Every game or so, you need to monitor the processes/windows updates.
    XCGE beta 19 is entering final testing stages, and can be used to tremendously improve server behaviour like it's never seen before (and it's user friendly, server admins can mess with this thing)
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    That about sounds right, there was a hiccup in-between.

- - - Updated - - -

1.) Keep getting these lately, almost every day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	3279

2.) Something or somebody set my in game flag to Canada. What's up with that? Never had that before.
    Maybe it's your ISP that have changed your flag. Nordog is from Norway but plays with UK flag sometimes and Kenneth had a different flag once as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    IP2County mod doesn't do double check on location I guess. lol. It can be manually set back to what you want though. Unless SAM can refresh it and see if it work that way.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    IP2County mod doesn't do double check on location I guess. lol. It can be manually set back to what you want though. Unless SAM can refresh it and see if it work that way.
    I'd appreciate it if somebody could set to US again.

Yo I got a suggestion.. let's imagine that I made the first supplier in the match, and that we already have a SS that is lvl 5. When SS is level 5, others can remove it right? So what if I have 1500/1500 ru and are about to make a SHP, but someone right before I make it, removes the supplier, wasting 900 ru. Can it be made possible that if like... if i have ru that will exceed the ru limit if someone removes my sup, can it be done so that your teammate simply can't remove the supplier if it exceeds the RU limit of your own RU pool? If I got 300 ru, sup removable, if I have say... 800.. sup unremovable (by others).

You prolly spent 300 on that Supplier and other 200 in upgrades.
    Your teammates prolly spent the remaining 400 on it as well.
    Also if you're worried of being full of RU prior to Supplier removal, they you prolly didn't upgrade the Super Supplier.

What comes around goes around.
    EDIT: If you played under AIHelper rule (the limited, test plugin that controls Bot AI in siege) you'd be ordered to give up all your RU for both Supplier and Super Supplier construction whether it's yours or a teammate's.
    That's the reason my FerBotz some times built their suppliers faster than Cham and I did... speaking of bot support, I gotta repair it.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Also if you're worried of being full of RU prior to Supplier removal, they you prolly didn't upgrade the Super Supplier.

What comes around goes around.

I upgraded it to around 4 i think.. 0 ru, but got 1200 midspawn, asked for upgrades, by that time sup was 5 (it was 4 when i exited), and i got the upgrades and just as i was about to make the SS, my sup was removed by someone else, wasting 900 ru.

Thread Information