User Tag List

Serious server-side issues - Sep 2016

Been getting weird problems for the past week or so, but there were some issues even before that with random spikes...

1) Frame skips. Rapid fire weapons will just straight up stop, then continue.

2) Unwanted firing. Piston, rockets, and bio will release when not intended, same with constructor building stuff I don't want to build.

3) Insta build. Still a problem.

4) Map/kick vote is still screwy, will sometimes vote the wrong person. Cooldown between votes is too high.

Have you tried doing some Win MTR and giving result to sam?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Gesundheit?

EDIT: Downloaded. Will probably use later, right now it's a crowded game of ShitVember.
    Last edited by Scourge; 09-18-2016 at 08:22 PM.

I get instabuild and other laggy issues ONLY in games with 20+ people. 12 vs 12 (or whatever the max is) plus a bunch of specs seems to be too much. Would a limit to 10 vs 10 and 4 spec slots be better?

Also: I have thought about recent issues, especially in regards to the hate some lower skilled folks get. This hate usually comes from people who have decent aim and skill, and get tired of being slowed down by "noobs". I think the solution is obvious:

1.) We need to limit the slots on public in order to make it less laggy and

2.) Get the bot for PUG back up.

That should chill out public and all folks wanting high paced and highly skilled games can meet up on PUG. Heck we could even announce dates and times for PUG on the forum to get it started again. For example each Friday and Saturday at 4 PM Eastern US time. Most folks in NA and SA should be done with work and it’s not too late for the Europeans.

@Higor time frame suggests sounds lcw related

Nope.
    The server's been hanging for 1 second intervals for over a month and a half already.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    1.) We need to limit the slots on public in order to make it less laggy and
    -_-
    It wasn't laggy before. So instead of limiting slots, better just fix the server!

@Higor you told insta builds and etc is because siege native or w/e turned off, so why not turn it back on again? Is was less laggy b4...

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

@skaarj_dulog because before siege native was on none of those issues existed. There is a "perceptive" lag to people the the native branch causes.

Why wasn't the server hang issue nor reported when it started happening? This make isolating the issue very difficult now, without rolling back.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Why wasn't the server hang issue nor reported when it started happening? This make isolating the issue very difficult now, without rolling back.
    Well i told higor about that insta builds. But b4 i did noticed it only in leech game, with like more than 1000 builds on map, and if u remove/kill some builds lag dissappear till there will be lots of builds again.
    I experienced this bug insta building bug since few weeks myself, it happens when server full and usually when map goes in overtime...

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

Oh boy, what could hang UT?
    UnrealScript related? The game would crash with an over 10m iteration assert.
    Engine related? Unless the server is running code-triggered garbage collectors, it's impossible.

So there's two possibilities and LCWeapons can confirm by notifying ppl shooting at the time that they're 'ahead' in time.
    If it happens: The server is hanging.
    If it doesn't happen: The connection is being interrupted.

Also, brazilian and argentinian ISP's having route problems reaching the server 10 days ago.
    Keep looking through UT files and mutators, you'll never get to the bottom of the problem.

"Perceived lag"
    I'm still geting shitwrecked in Aleria and some maps because I have 20 more ping than with the shit Fragnet server.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information