User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Vote Limit

Unhappy Map Vote Limit

Hello all, have seen some problem, may be others facing same or no.
    Its about map vote limit, that you cant revote a map for a certain amount of maps to be played before that. It was 8 but now it seems 20.
    Its long time to wait for a good map, results in that players being forced to play those maps which they dont wish to play results in players leave the server. We all dont have 24 hrs to play like me. Kindly decrease that limit, already said to Sev long time ago, he did change it to 8 but its again now about 20. Make it 8 or less as its choice of players if they want to play that map, they will vote. So let players to choose what they want to play, M not saying here to make it 1, so dont misunderstand my point. But 20 is damn long. 1 map about 50 min. Dont force players to play crap maps or maps they dont like which rsults in wastage of time/decrease in trafic to server.
    Another thing is players can revote, no this not hapen all the time as 20 is not small number and we cant convince/make understood to new player. So it would be much better if it can changed back to 8 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    to wait for a good map
    Right, good maps.

Maps like Simplex and McSwartzly take over two hours to end due to not having EMP or other tools of said kind of game ender.
    Add to that: 2 Nivens, 4 Bathrooms, 2 nearly identical Clarions, 2 McSwartzly, 2 Bluevembers.
    I rarely see Chasm, Ronsico, Esprit (not even on the server @SAM), Masteroid and a few more good classic maps that used to be played a lot before.

Counting new and old ones there's at least 40 good maps in there, if they're not being voted it's because players can't be arsed to be put out of their confort position and learn some non-repetitive Siege.
    What really infuriates me the most, is seeing how maps like Ronsico finally get voted and someone starts spamming 'PLS VOTE', resulting in me having to abuse my admin powers in order to at least have some fun that day.

I chaged the limit to 20, check the map graph
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...2.40.198:7777/
    Server still 1st.
    Seriously, how do you even enjoy a two hour Simplex game

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I waited 4 hours for a niven game to end the other day

I miss some of the old maps that used to be played, can't even remember then name of most of them now, crippled war used to always be fun, only seen it played once the other day.

Well topic is not about long hours games, as i already suggested something long ago about long lasting games but no one bothered much to do something ---> http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/log...-players-3101/

So to remind, its about map vote limit, And Higor if you really see those maps not being played then it means that players who are playing on the server dont want to play that map so its stupidity to force players to play maps which they dont want to play, as I already said i have seen many new players/new names so they dont know much about siege and they even dont do much better so only option left to wait. Why players cant get right to vote maps they want to play ? Why have to wait or quit server.
    No one play all the time, so give that to players to choose the map they want to play.

Regarding Rank yes rank is 1, but have seen decrease in traffic at specific time. Seems its waste to suggest anything here. cyaa have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Regarding Rank yes rank is 1, but have seen decrease in traffic at specific time.
    The timezone you are living in is approximately 4-5 hours ahead of europe and 8-11 hours ahead of latin america/north america. So if you are playing at evening and expecting alot of traffic , remember its afternoon in europe and people sleeping in the american side.

Chasm, Ronsico
    I think these are on the server, not sure about Esprit.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Is there a way of making an exception- map vote limit 20 games. Except if it's Simplex, in which case you can only play the map once per year.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    lol bonz

anyway I personally think we should be removing duplicates not upping the mapvote limit

agreed with blaze! f

--- Updated ---

thats because some map are nice but the core is to vunerable on it.
    there are a lot of good very nice ctf maps to find to replace maps
    like restart, deck or bathrooms (beta map with black walls) and 4 time face with open core at back.

Maybe an vote list of maps is an idea.
    On other side it isnt so bad. Also i am not an maker cant morph a ctf map into siege 1. (like big maps with better protected (closed) core!)
    :-)

( no opinion 8/20 vote at this moment)
    Right, good maps.

Maps like Simplex and McSwartzly take over two hours to end due to not having EMP or other tools of said kind of game ender.
    Add to that: 2 Nivens, 4 Bathrooms, 2 nearly identical Clarions, 2 McSwartzly, 2 Bluevembers.
    I rarely see Chasm, Ronsico, Esprit (not even on the server @SAM), Masteroid and a few more good classic maps that used to be played a lot before.

Counting new and old ones there's at least 40 good maps in there, if they're not being voted it's because players can't be arsed to be put out of their confort position and learn some non-repetitive Siege.
    What really infuriates me the most, is seeing how maps like Ronsico finally get voted and someone starts spamming 'PLS VOTE', resulting in me having to abuse my admin powers in order to at least have some fun that day.

I chaged the limit to 20, check the map graph
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...2.40.198:7777/
    Server still 1st.

Thread Information