Concept: Dynamic Siege Maps

User Tag List

Concept: Dynamic Siege Maps

Let's make overtime interesting.

Examples:

SGX - StrikeAtDawn

Description: For brawlers and stealthy players alike, a map that makes a smooth transition between pitch-black night and bright day. Because the planet's tilt changes, the length of night becomes progressively longer, until at overtime night is permanent.

SGX - Gravity

Description: A space platform orbits a star. A sudden magnetic disturbance from a magnetar throws the ship into a dangerous death spiral toward the star's surface. Gravity increases as the ship plummets; the platform begins to burn as it gets too close to the star, requiring asbestos suits to resist the heat damage. The damage increases as the match progresses; if the match goes on for too long, the entire platform (and everyone on it) is crushed into oblivion by the star's gravity with a satisfying implosion.

SGX - Terminator

Description: Robots attack both bases. Power and number of robots increase as match progresses. If teams fail to kill each other within a certain time, an unstoppable warhead is launched that destroys both bases. Winning team powers a supercomputer that redirects the nuke at the robots' central hub.

SGX - Namek

Description: Inspired by an infamous anime. Both teams are situated far apart in mountain caves on opposing islands on a green-skied, water-covered planet. The planet's core has been struck by an enormous projectile. The earth starts to crack apart, bottomless rifts open up, there are lava flows, explosions, columns of fire, and enormous earthquakes, the sky reddens, then blackens, and the terrain undergoes upheavals beyond recognition. If neither team is defeated within a certain time, both teams will perish as the planet explodes. Winning team charges an escape vehicle with the core and leaves.
    Last edited by Scourge; 04-06-2013 at 05:27 AM.

I remember having made a test map with day to night transition...
    Dynamic lights are so damn slow on these renderers I'd have to apply a similar method I used on ModernBathrooms to prevent it from lagging too much (still lags a bit).
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    @terminator liked this post
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Higor: Suppose someone does make a dynamic map - How would buildings in the way of moving terrain be treated?

Attachment, like the mini-carriers in OutworldHold.
    I have a plan for a dynamic Siege map, but I'll try to finish DownTown first.

about the map Gravity, i have one cool thing that i have in mind. well in one level/planet in MASS EFFECT 2 where you NEED to stay in the shadows from this star that was way to close to the planet and if you get in the sun light you lose a bit of health, enough to have your shield depleited and of course, you are closer to death. so im thinking about a map like that. it an abandoned type of space area, and a big star to the left and probably seperate the light areas from the shadow areas with a zone info with a bKillzone bdamagepersec or somekind of trigger connected to a special event and have that on bplayerdamage. and of course the old and boring and normal way - a lava zone. i think this will be a fun map for me to work on, also, @Higor , when im about done with it would you like to add what you want into it for a partner project? would be fun.

EDIT: also the effect ill try to get from Fluke where youre corpse turns into a blackish skeleton from the burning effect. and also - YES you can use the absetos suit if i use a lava zone.
    Last edited by 'Zac; 01-29-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Ever think about being a Sci-Fi author? Interesting ideas... a couple are super lag-tastical, but possible. I like the Dynamic zones... changing from light to dark, cold(ICE Skating rink?) to hot, but the sudden change in grav is my favorite. Fluke said it would be uber difficult. Multi-Server maps was another of my ideas.

2 servers running the same "map", or sections of 1 big map and teleport takes you to other zones. (44 player matches).
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 01-29-2013 at 06:37 PM.

I'll expose my plan...

Two 16th century themed galleons/ships.
    Each team spawns in it's own ship, and must explore the ships and swim around for RU and base construction, there will be small tasks or goals that will grant additional stuff.
    Around minute 2 both ships will have a line of sight to each other and by minute 5 they'll line up side by side and boarding attempts/shooting will be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Each team spawns in it's own ship, and must explore the ships and swim around for RU
    Are the ships moving? is there current pushing you? what about water hazzards? maybe water based vehicle? Jetski?

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I'll expose my plan...

Each team spawns in it's own ship, and must explore the ships and swim around for RU and base construction, there will be small tasks or goals that will grant additional stuff.
    Around minute 2 both ships will have a line of sight to each other and by minute 5 they'll line up side by side and boarding attempts/shooting will be allowed.
    The water shouldn't itself be hazardous, but it should have a swarm of ferocious, constantly-spawning sharks that school anyone who falls into the water. 8)

Thread Information