27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Remove it

21 77.78%
  • No - but make it more expensive

0 0%
  • No

6 22.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have yet to see anyone build any of the weapons (apart from the odd new comer to siege which is rare) so why have any of them build-able at all?

as for the mine limit sam, that was more down to overwhelming pressure from the majority after the poll was ignored for a while, wouldn't be a good idea to ignore the opinions in chis's polls as well, they are all valid and are getting voted on and should be listened to by Higor, just like the results so far in this poll, the result is overwhelming to remove it so remove it!!!!

you build a mod around your players and not force them to like the developers choice in what goes in the mod, that's what keeps it fresh, having happy players is far more important, releasing a new version every ten minutes with more bugs each time it is released is also creating a lot of tension and rage on the server and should be stopped, one release every month or two is enough, seems every new version that is released Higor follows it up shortly with a thread or reply something like "I will make a patch/fix and add it"... where what should happen is you roll back the version, fix the problem and THEN release it again, not release a broken version you have to patch over and over again which is what I have seen pretty much from day one, I have never seen one mod released so many times in such a short space of time. I have 40 different versions of siege in my system folder which is absolutely ridiculous considering I have only been playing siege for just over a year.

bottom line IMO stop adding weapons and changing things without getting some input from the players who are keeping the servers alive first.

RE: chis stating about iG, I got exactly what he meant, iG is the same now as it was back in 2000 and it is still the most popular gametype in UT99 and always has been. so compare this to the current siege version, nothing visual has been changed, just weapons added and things pulled out, now imagine iG and someone edits the ZP insta and decides "a cool spammy grenade launcher needs to be added!!!...they still have the iG but now also have another weapon that royally screws up the game for the players, you want to keep the traffic, not force them away with constant changes, people have complained for months now and no changes are being made in their favor.

quite a few have said to me they wont bother posting their opinions because it immediately gets shot down and called whining, its input!!!...listen to it!!

This as I said in last post is only how I see it and in no way am I trying to disrespect anyone or their work but come on, enough is enough now, people are going past the annoyed stage and not caring and losing interest in playing siege (not my words, had this said to me many times)

I will be amazed if Higor listens to anyone but hey, I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong Higor... DARE you :P

(sorry for the two book length posts, need to lay off the coffee I think. :S)

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    lets face it since the so called "lag compensator" and total removal of ZP traffic has died down because the regulars who pug and participate in the forums dont play as often because of it. Include the ridiculous midspawn time and all the other changes that make public so terrible recently, development dont listen so everyones just slowly moving away from siege. Like it or not that is a true and just statement and I can speak for others here when I say they have no interest in joining the public server at the moment

Fluke, ur posts may be long, but they are so true i could read them over and over and still agree with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    lets face it since the so called "lag compensator" and total removal of ZP traffic has died down because the regulars who pug and participate in the forums dont play as often because of it. Include the ridiculous midspawn time and all the other changes that make public so terrible recently, development dont listen so everyones just slowly moving away from siege. Like it or not that is a true and just statement and I can speak for others here when I say they have no interest in joining the public server at the moment
    I agree Blaze, I personally I think the "Lag Compensator" is doing the exact opposite of what it is meant to do, something else that needs to be removed as it is clearly has a massive amount of bugs, its like adding a weapon that doesn't fire anything, wouldn't keep that on a server would you ?

no one is saying get rid of these things completely (well, i'm not anyway) but at least make sure they work 100% before forcing the players to use a clearly broken mod for a long time while its "fixed" and tone them down to fit neatly with the game, the GL just doesn't belong in siege in its current set up IMO and neither does the lag creator, sorry, I mean compensator :P

@Higor you know the lag compensator is causing massive problems, why are you still forcing people to use it?

I am guessing you have used a ZP style system for the minigun as well, if you dont want to lose the ZP minigun then remove lag compensator and add ZeroPing211, this is the only version of ZP to have a ZP minigun, you will be lucky to find a copy to download but I would be more than happy to give uK the 211 files so you can have time to fix the things that are broken before adding more things that is just going to piss people off.

I'm going to stop with the coffee and take some sedatives now....lol

Ape Cannon is the most useless weapon on siege - what does it give? More damage than the regular one? More amo? ... nothing .....

Here is a suggestion - add combo effect to insta with same amo usage - 3 for comobo 1 for regular ...

Otherwise, since we are on adding spree and fucking a nice working game up - add grappling hook instead of translocator lol

Quote Originally Posted by Booty View Post

Otherwise, since we are on adding spree and fucking a nice working game up - add grappling hook instead of translocator lol

LOL....oh imagine the incoming polls if that happened.

I have a fancy 'spiderman hook' weapon in my prototypes.
    I'd quote Blaze's post last year just to showcase his 'polite' opinion about grapples on Siege but i'm feeling too lazy to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    lets face it since the so called "lag compensator" and total removal of ZP traffic has died down because the regulars who pug and participate in the forums dont play as often because of it.
    The very reason I don't like playing siege, very frustrating hitting someone 20 times with the sniper, and then being killed by the person spamming the noobiegun, I mean minigun, from 150,150.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    i'd say implement 211 it fixes the zp bug when you double fire one shot when switching straight to a weapon get rid of the current so called "zp" which is terrible, I mean I can still destroy people but its frustrating to try hitting people over a ping of 200 as they are favoured more over someone shooting at them with lower ping

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I have a fancy 'spiderman hook' weapon in my prototypes.
    I'd quote Blaze's post last year just to showcase his 'polite' opinion about grapples on Siege but i'm feeling too lazy to do that.
    As do I (as you already know). I like the swinging action instead of the straight line. and it's mostly already written (thank you Higor)... maybe we could add a 'severed' aspect to it.. and make it "CUTTABLE" . like if the Base gets shot you fall.

Thread Information