User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why prices of good graphic cards have gone up 50% lately

I've decided to write/rant about this because I'm simply pissed because I had to pay 220$ for asus strix gtx 1050ti 4Gb OC to finally be able to try out new games since I have 9 weeks of holiday, nice.

Suddenly in the last couple of weeks prices of gtx 1050/60/70/80 have gone up 50-60% and is still going up, why?

Since I live a couple of miles off the ukrainian border I managed to find out that ukrainians and russians are buying them out on an incredible scale. One chain pc shop in my town is selling like 300 of them per day and the same goes for other chain shops in other cities. Apparently they need and use them to make super PCs to make bitcoins somehow. The guy who's in this 'business' only told me that one such PC can make 4000$ per month...

At the moment there are almost no good graphic cards to buy anywhere in Poland becasue they are still buying out what is left regardless of price rise. Even if you want to order online in Poland it suddenly turns out they have them but they are mostly reserved.

I wonder how much longer it's gonna last.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Whats wrong with ATI cards?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Whats wrong with ATI cards?
    nothing, they bought them rx 470/480 out first so they're completely gone like for 2 months already.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/27/nvidi...cy-mining.html

AMD Cards 470/480/570/580 are sold out world wide as they give best pref/watt over nvidia cards but now even nvidia 1060/1070 cards are rising in cost..

CK..
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorr View Post
    I'm not that stupid to use cheat 2 times

Damn, a few weeks ago I was thinking about setting up a couple of other PC with like 8 1080 Ti's in each one for bitcoin mining. I guess a lot can change in a few weeks. Oh well...

This is the article that made me think of doing it: https://www.servethehome.com/passwor...-1080-ti-gpus/
    Or maybe it was this one (I read them both, same setup iirc): https://www.servethehome.com/deeplea...onster-part-1/
    Last edited by TimTim; 06-27-2017 at 11:58 PM.

What the heck. What is bitcoin mining and why would you need so many GPUs for it?

What the heck. What is bitcoin mining and why would you need so many GPUs for it?
    It's says in this video at ~40seconds.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency. Bitcoin mining in layman terms is verifying an online bitcoin transcation (which involves lot of math and cryptarithmetic stuff) and who ever does it gets rewarded. GPU's are efficient in doing this math thats why they are preferred for this.

1 Bitcoin is approx 2500 USD and it's been increasing.

On a side note, if you're planning to upgrade your old worse graphic card I highly recommend this asus, it's really decent and exceeded my expectations, the funny thing is that now 5 days later its price went from 220$ to 275$ over here.

Thread Information