User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @SAM seriously m8 its good ive played the INSTAGIB version of nali weapons 3 and its for some reason strangley good :S lol but anything is worth a shot to get that other server boosted in popularity right?

stand up and never say never 'Cause this life is gonna get better
    Take a breath, shake it off and say, I'm on my way

What's the real difference between the original ig and the NW3 except the graphics? Fire rate still the same?

Another IG CTF server would be nice for when the main 2 are filled up. Or it can be IG/NW (normal weapons) CTF server, or just normal weapons CTF.

It probably does not help that there is no NW3 server-tab added to UT.
    Maybe that can be sorted in the final release.

turning the dm server into a multimod-server (eg. iDM/iDOM/iCTF/iJB/iMH..NW?) sounds like the best option.

@Feralidragon attention

Well, as for NW3 IG, it has plenty of advantages over other IG besides graphics:

- ZeroPing: not any ZP, a worked out, more secure ZP, with support for further server-side validation plugins for every shot, and with no affiliation with the current ZP system (this one was made from scratch and tested out even under horrific pings of 500~600ms).
    This ZP is also more reliable, and works with every object in the game rather than only players themselves.
    Either it's installed on your end or not, with a simple "zp on" or "zp off" command you can toggle the usage of ZP if you wish so.
    ZP can also be toggled in the server, so it's up to SAM to either have ZP on or not there.

- Accuracy: all the weapons from the mod have higher accuracy since I don't use FireOffset (which is what truly leads you to miss most of your shots with normal weapons), and this includes the IG;

- Configurable in the server: SAM can higher or lower the firerate any time he wishes too, as the damage.
    He can also widen or tighten the ZP security, or even disable some validations if needed.

- Configurable in the client: if you have NW3 installed, you can higher or lower the detail in case you are getting any lag. Hell, even SAM can force non-laggy settings from his side too.
    You can also disable that first person view corona when you shoot it (for the pros, who like to strip down everything for better gameplay).

- Open source: given the open source nature of the code, anyone like Higor or other coders can extend it and customize it in any way, while safely keeping all of its features intact. As you may imagine, the security doesn't rely upon hiding code, rather it relies in actually trying to make it secure from the server by heavily validating every single shot.

- Customizable arena: SAM can improve the gameplay from his end by messing around with the arena settings (I released documentation on these sort of settings a while back).

And in the end of this all: since NW3 is divided in packages, SAM only has to host 2 files (NWCoreV3.u and NWSuperBoltRifleV3.u, which compressed are about 5~6Mb I think) and not the entire pack.
    Furthermore, I intend to release a set normal weapons pack using NW3 ZP system. Therefore a server like this can be used to detect any possible remaining issues with it so I can then fix them up for the final mod release and the bundle of normal ZP weapons.

In case you guys have any doubt, just ask.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 05-14-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Chances are I will be setting this up tonight and adding to the ctf loop...

@SAM if you don't wanna open a pug server , don't forget about my PM

Actually I know why 0 traffic on DM. I left a password by accident...

Thread Information