User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The fan on the cpu is plugged correctly. All the fans run when it's turning on. No cords are blocking it.

I unplug and replug other stuff, and looks like my computer doesn't want to turn on anymore.

I think I might considering buying a new desktop comp then :S
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Why would you waste all that money on a new desktop when you can troubleshoot the problem and save yourself some $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    What about taking out all additional stuff like graphics card, sound card etc. Use onboard VGA, sound etc only and move forward from there.

The RAM I would suggest you run on one module only to rule out a faulty module.

You can buy a multi meter and check the PSU output to rule out a faulty PSU. Assuming it's not psu you would then pretty much be pointing at the motherboard.

Narrow the issue down otherwise you risk, A) a moron overcharging you to misdiagnose your computer and B) you find yourself on a merry go round carrying out unecessary repairs due to incorrect diagnostic.

Do this.

And Like superhex is saying. An hour or two more of your time may save you hundreds of dollars charged by a repair guy/shop, and it will save you hundreds/a thousand on a new pc.

EDIT: going off what sam is saying. If it wont work with just the mobo, psu, cpu, and ram (really the only things meeded for a pc to run), then it is most likely either a psu problem or a mobo problem. Try only one ram car (like sam says), and if it doesnt work try using only the other ram card.
    Last edited by BiGbOsS; 05-10-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHex View Post
    Why would you waste all that money on a new desktop when you can troubleshoot the problem and save yourself some $$$?
    Of course I will try what Sam and BiGbOsS said first. I hate to waste too much money too.

EDIT: holy fuck, the main problem is the motherboard.
    Last edited by LordRixuel; 05-10-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Check if mobo got cappasitors liek that the ones in red circle

Run powersuply without connecting it to mobo or graphic card etc, fully unplugged (if you dont know how to do it, search "how to turn on power supply without motherboard" you basically need to connect 2 wires poweron and ground

If powersuply works fine, try to connect it to mobo, but disconnect graphic card
    If not, open powersuply and check for cappasitors which i showed above, there should be 2 big ones, and lots of small ones (located together next to colored wires)

If it still shuts down even without graphic card, then problem somewhere in mobo, might be shortcircuit on mobo itself, or even shortcircuit inside cpu

p.s. some cappasitors may get damaged, but u cant see it from above, see from underneath if there is lome liquid stuff or w/e
    Last edited by skaarj_dulog; 05-10-2017 at 02:33 PM.

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post

EDIT: holy fuck, the main problem is the motherboard.
    You sound pretty certain lol What did you find out? I was worried it would be your mobo when you said the psu powered up fine and the green light turned on.
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

Quote Originally Posted by BiGbOsS View Post
    You sound pretty certain lol What did you find out? I was worried it would be your mobo when you said the psu powered up fine and the green light turned on.
    My family insists to get a diagnostic. So they got it. (I don't have to pay lol). They told us we have to replace the motherboard :/

@skaarj_dulog thank you for the info, I wish I knew that earlier lol

Ah so you are just a kid rixuel, Explains all the weird questions on Pm:s

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    They told us we have to replace the motherboard :/
    Didn't they told actual issue in mobo? Like which part got damaged or w/e And can't they just fix damaged parts?

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

Quote Originally Posted by skaarj_dulog View Post
    Didn't they told actual issue in mobo? Like which part got damaged or w/e And can't they just fix damaged parts?
    No they didn't... they tried to ask us if we want the mobo to be replaced and to replace it's too damn expensive. So I dont wanna

Thread Information