User Tag List

View Poll Results: Nuke siren setting you preffer?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old siren (1200 ru, huge range)

6 19.35%
  • Same radius (1200 ru, low range)

2 6.45%
  • Same price (3000 ru, high range)

3 9.68%
  • Expensive upgrades (1200 ru, high range)

14 45.16%
  • So so (2000 ru, mid range)

1 3.23%
  • Variable 1 (2500 ru, 75% of map)

1 3.23%
  • Variable 2 (1500 ru, 60% of map)

3 9.68%
  • Don't change

1 3.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nuke Siren poll

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Let's take out NS shall we? All this looks like to me is we are going back to siegextreme/xxl2g (not a bad thing)
    This poll and thread predated my arrival on the forums. Personally think that if nuke siren stays it should have EXTREMELY limited radius, just enough for players already in base to rush back and maybe have one or two combo opportunities against an inc trans'er, for instance. Public Siege is training grounds for improvement of skill, not a place for nubs to loiter in eternally long nub nuke siren spamming games. That should be the incentive for having a nuke siren, to let you know that you should be paying attention to nukes anyway but it is a last resort for newer siegers.

Fair to higher skilled games that occur on public (which do occur regularly each day) should not feature nuke sirens, at least built by any of the more skilled players IMO. Kind of a silent ethic that improves game play and features Soge Mathematics. @SogeKing lel

I disagree, the high price of the upgrades as it is now compensates each level, now say for example you are on clarion, as soon as that siren goes off, you know for a fact the nuker has already kitted themselves out with shield, boots, trans, jetpack etc. and they are coming at you within seconds of that alarm going off, if the radius is reduced then you hear the siren and then feel a nuke blast within seconds, no one has the time to react.

I voted for the nuke siren to be high range but very expensive upgrade, this in my opinion balances out the individual types of maps, like comparing clarion and blackriver, both popular maps, but very different in distance and playing style, i personally think this is balanced with the new nuke siren setup in public siege where you have people from amateur to skilled.

if you want a challenge then sign up to play a pug match, there is no nuke siren or emp or neutron, i dont understand the people on public that its too easy for the skilled, then all i have to say to that is "type !PUG" and join the pug if you want to play other skilled players.

why more dont join pug is beyond me, isnt rocket science.

In case your not aware... To adjust your NukeSiren settings open Siege.ini in the UT\System folder:

[SiegeUltimateRC18.sgClient]
    BindSlot1=
    BindSlot2=
    bUseSmallGui=False
    bOldConstructor=True
    bBuildingLights=False
    GuiSensitivity=0.500000
    SirenVol=0.600000
    FingerPrint=
    bFPnoReplace=False

Thread Information