Various players abusing McSwartlzy roof glitch - Page 5

User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    having a slight area open on mcswartzly is just dumb im sorry it defeats the purpose of having a nuke room. both teams should still be able to make a tele there to maybe take over an enemies nuke room and have control of it
    I disagree. Yeah, Adrian has gotten up there and literally nuked his enemy's nuke room (meaning about 10 or so of my own nukes), but that's Adrian - and that's assuming you haven't mined the room's points of entry, which I did religiously after that happened. Even with an opening the chances of the nukes getting destroyed is quite low, so it serves its purpose.

The difference with the nuke room is the map! I cant believe that people are saying such things, I swear mcs is probably one of the hardest nuke rooms to take, and in most cases (99% I would say) is pretty much impossible to get it

Adrian lives to glitch exploit and has probably practiced on every map looking for exploits.

The topic is skewing off of the point, taking the room isn't the issue at hand, shooting through the glass is.

I have taken the nuke room a few times but I don't allow people to shoot through the glass once up there.

Editing the map just creates yet another version. I would prefer and take a 3-4 hour game over a 5-10 minute game where "leet" players come in with the goal of smashing the shit out of the core asap. I swear, you people must love games that barely get past SS building stage. what is the point in that?

Quote Originally Posted by fluke
    what is the point in that?
    Gee Fluke, I don't know. Some of us just don't like bashing our heads repeatedly into the wall for several hours straight. Try being offense on one of these eighty-gazillion-mine maps and you might begin to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Adrian has gotten up there and literally nuked his enemy's nuke room (meaning about 10 or so of my own nukes), but that's Adrian - and that's assuming you haven't mined the room's points of entry, which I did religiously after that happened. Even with an opening the chances of the nukes getting destroyed is quite low, so it serves its purpose.
    ROFL this is a ballgame changer and interesting tactic, especially getting more RU at any chance you can achieve is the great thing to do. Better than a room with only accessible with tele only which make it more boring like taking nuke room on mini clarion without any chance of taking over the nuke room unless you can spam the supermine to die quicker, which only give the other team RU more but a small chance to take your own nuke room as well if they are prepared to come back and SM it again.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post

In reply to both so what happens when you cant shoot someone whos rippering your core from behind a glass? will the tears be flowing then? The whole idea of only allowing teles through walls is to allow the more harder maps that take longer and more focused attacks to infiltrate a base to end quickly (niven/mcswartzly/coret/minicivil/add most other maps here) It isnt a case of "if its do-able on both sides it should be allowed" its a case of its a map glitch which at the time as stated before wasnt intended for siege, to counter-act that we are trying to standardise maps so that they get "sieged" so im sorry if you think its acceptable to exploit glitches to give yourself some sort of self enjoyment for all of 2 mins glory
    Haha, no one will cry about losing if both teams play by the rules. BlueVember is the same in that I know that a jet packer or XLoc is coming to get on the ledge above the core to build a tele. So I spend the first 15 min and all my RU on building defenses against that while the rest of the players are making SS and building the normal shit like teles, none of which will stop the other team from exploiting the ledge above. Blue Vember almost always ends when the other team gets up high. Yeah it sucks, especially because we should all know what is going to happen and build defenses to stop it but it happens anyway. Do we cry? No. I do bitch though because my team mates should know better.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    Adrian lives to glitch exploit and has probably practiced on every map looking for exploits.

The topic is skewing off of the point, taking the room isn't the issue at hand, shooting through the glass is.

I have taken the nuke room a few times but I don't allow people to shoot through the glass once up there.

Editing the map just creates yet another version. I would prefer and take a 3-4 hour game over a 5-10 minute game where "leet" players come in with the goal of smashing the shit out of the core asap. I swear, you people must love games that barely get past SS building stage. what is the point in that?
    So I guess my question is if you cannot shoot down past the glass what is the point of taking the other teams nuke room? Nukes can still be made in the closet so what is gained?
    Game time should not be an issue as everyone has different opinions on that, some like longer games and others with short attention spans don't.

--- Updated ---

Gee Fluke, I don't know. Some of us just don't like bashing our heads repeatedly into the wall for several hours straight. Try being offense on one of these eighty-gazillion-mine maps and you might begin to understand.
    So you want to rig it so offensive players have an advantage?
    Last edited by 1Shot1Kill; 10-12-2015 at 01:49 PM.

That really does not make sense scourge, I have played every map with every possible scenario. If you feel you are bashing your head on a brick wall then you should realise your tactics are not working, its your fault if you continue to repeat the same action over and over. Teamwork is what breaks the stalemate, not one or two offense players who piss and moan because a mine killed them.

Mines can be cleared with a co-ordinated nuke blast, leet players can't do that because they are too busy fist pumping and spamming crap before rage quitting and crying about mines. Clear the base first, then you can focus on getting in further.

I have happily fired off a double nuke in simplex to clear door area where mines are everywhere outside, and then clear the door entrance knowing someone on my team is following and can get in even further. I get a shit RU return but I have helped the team as they no longer have to worry about a blanket of mines.

It is called "Sacrifice", something self absorbed players do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    Haha, no one will cry about losing if both teams play by the rules.

--- Updated --
    So I guess my question is if you cannot shoot down past the glass what is the point of taking the other teams nuke room? Nukes can still be made in the closet so what is gained?
    Game time should not be an issue as everyone has different opinions on that, some like longer games and others with short attention spans don't.
    If they don't have an iron clad nukeroom, you can fire a nuke in their base, then get to their nukes easier to destroy them. Taking their room reduces the availability of nuke storing. Think Kanjar, everyone tries to take the nuke room areas so the enemy cant build their normal nukes and are forced to build invince nukes at a greater cost and waiting time. Causing this is a major game changer.

Its all down to tactics that a lot of people don't seem to get.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-12-2015 at 02:17 PM.

So you want to rig it so offensive players have an advantage?
    Higor's idea of spawning nukes in the middle is probably more than a little bit insane (although it's already been implemented), but it's the right direction. All games reach a plateau where offense runs out of options - You can only carry two nukes, and you must choose between stealth or damage. This is fine, if you're lucky enough to have a well-coordinated team (and/or an enemy defense that slacks for any significant amount of time), but if you don't, it amounts to an incredibly unrewarding struggle of extreme precision, speed, and a lot of luck against simple persistence.

So what is the "right direction?" The point is that offense should increase in power, or defense decrease in power, as the game goes on. That's why the core can't be repaired after overtime and why buildings start healing half as fast after overtime. There's a huge difference between asking that games remain dynamic and rewarding throughout, and for the game to be a sudden unstoppable onslaught by apparently ADHD and egotistical tryhards.

leet players can't do that because they are too busy fist pumping and spamming crap before rage quitting and crying about mines. Clear the base first, then you can focus on getting in further.
    I've explained this to you before: There are teams with whom you simply cannot coordinate. It has nothing to do with ego - you can have a skill or language barrier, or simple refusal to communicate, as is often the case with many of our mysteriously silent regulars. Once in a while, you may get one or two people that can coordinate, but on maps like Niven or McSwartzly it's simply not enough.

And if you don't get those people, lights out - Four hours of RU farming and head-bashing. That is truly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post

Mines can be cleared with a co-ordinated nuke blast, leet players can't do
    If they don't have an iron clad nukeroom, you can fire a nuke in their base, then get to their nukes easier to destroy them. Taking their room reduces the availability of nuke storing. Think Kanjar, everyone tries to take the nuke room areas so the enemy cant build their normal nukes and are forced to build invince nukes at a greater cost and waiting time. Causing this is a major game changer.

Its all down to tactics that a lot of people don't seem to get.
    I would agree except that in McS you can build nukes in the closet. So go ahead and take the ceiling...

I would agree except that in McS you can build nukes in the closet. So go ahead and take the ceiling...
    Splash damage travels through movers. In other words, one nuke will destroy all of your team's warheads. Even if it doesn't, the mine clearage it would achieve leaves the nukes open to attack. The ceiling is far superior to the closet.

Thread Information