User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I won't be voting for Trump or Clinton. Too bad, not sure why there only a couple when there can be better one out there for better selection of votes. I might just not vote at all, I know I didn't last time. If I didn't vote again, I'll have to renew my voting registration.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Trump over Clinton, Clinton should be in prison. Bernie's way will make things worse, we've become and are coming a bunch of pansie as fucktards. Little by little maybe it can be turned around but these last two terms were horrible (not that the one or two presidents before him were much better).

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    immigration
    The world is extremely different now than it was back then. The way I (and most sane people) interpret Trump's stance on immigration is this: If you have a bag of candy and, statistically speaking, you're certain that some percentage (albeit a small percentage) of a few particular flavors are poisoned, would you eat all of it without question? Definitely not. There's absolutely nothing wrong with checking each piece of candy first to make sure it won't poison you.

It is absurd that some people are offended by this. No one in their right mind would ever let complete strangers move into their home without a thorough background check. When caucasians (and other races of course) migrated to other countries/continents, much of the land was still unclaimed as no one had made homes/civilizations out of it yet. In the case of the U.S., over 80 million Native Americans died as a result of European immigration and it would be stupid to not learn from that and to allow anything like that to ever happen again. At least back then, much of the land had not yet been explored/inhabited by Native Americans. But now, nearly all of the North American continent is accounted for and is home to billions of people, and no one in their right mind would ever let complete strangers move into their home without a thorough background check.
    Last edited by TimTim; 05-01-2016 at 08:48 PM.

I suggest you to review the case of the muslim shopkeeper that got killed for wishing a happy easter to christians in a tweet.
    Bringing in huge amounts of ppl, doing no background checking, no paperwork, even twisting the definition of refugee just as an excuse to take in as many as you can, and especially from a zone that has known ISIS issues is not sane.
    Most of them arrive and find that they can't be allocated at all, causing total anarchy.
    There's little children getting raped on the refugee camps, then you have ppl getting stopped in macedonian borders in full uncertainty and others that are certainly not being treated well in Turkey who happen to be mortaring the kurds.

Couple of points here:
    1 - It's not about a religion or a race, it's about individuals... and theres too many rotten apples sneaking in with the rest of the migrants because the zero security measures to prevent these cases. They then form orgainzations and start recruiting on the target country.
    This is the same modus operandi mexican and colombian cartels used in Spain and USA by sending operatives to establish/dominate trafficking territories.
    And both won't hesitate to attack their own if they need to make an example for the others.
    2 - A big amount of the migrant movement aren't refugees but economic migrants, again the lack of checking contributes to this.
    And some countries just cannot bear the economic burden of sudden increased welfare and social programs, let alone the immediate big demographic imbalance (most migrants are men).
    Outsourcers love the idea of suddenly increased inexpensive workers flowing into the countries and so they lobby for such neoliberalist policies.
    Did I mention many millionaires are leaving France? And tourism is getting hit badly too.

A Trump presidency starts making sense when you realize he wants to:
    - Make Saudi Arabia take care of the migrants by paying for safe zones (actually they are responsible for a big chunk of ISIS funding and reinforcements so this would put them in a tough position on the issue), which will also contribute to stopping massive immigration.
    - Let Russia continue the airstrikes, mostly targeted at oil transporters and military positions.
    - Fix up the election system and put limits on campaign PAC's (get rif of Super PAC's btw) which would help reducing the power of lobbies.

Of course no foreign governent's officials want Trump to become president (except for the russians) because it means that they're gonna have to start taking care of their own problems, and start paying up for NATO and US protection.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

@TimTim

Unclaimed? Just because there wasn't a history book to say 'this is mine' doesn't mean it was unclaimed. And shit, they probably did exist but they burnt it.

Why do 'immigrants', refugees and asylum seekers exist?

It's because US, UK and it's allies bomb the shit out of every other country. Believe it or not, these people miss their home countries and the life they had, before any other country took it upon themselves to police the world. The Western society is dysfunctional.

I'm sorry but why shouldn't innocent people seek shelter? If the people of America really want to address immigrants, you need to address the country's warmongery. No one will come to yours if theirs is safe from yours.
    Last edited by SAM; 05-02-2016 at 01:42 AM.

If they really wanted shelter, they would go to the first safe country on their journey, and not shop for countries.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    If they really wanted shelter, they would go to the first safe country on their journey, and not shop for countries.
    The neighbouring countries are at risk too and they generally close their borders and rightly so. Why should any other country other than those responsible for creating destitute people compense for them?

Is their logic flawed by going to countries who do all the bombing?

Wake up and see the real terrorists. Caliphates exist for a reason.
    Last edited by SAM; 05-02-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Unclaimed?
    Before Columbus, there were between 2.1 million and 18 million Native Americans, which isn't nearly enough to occupy the 3.806 million square miles of the U.S. (plus the 3.855 million square miles of Canada). So yes, much of the land was untouched. That said, by no means am I excusing the actions of the colonies who settled here. It is absolutely terrible what happened to the Native Americans. But no person alive today had anything to do with it, and the actions of previous generations should not be used as a poor excuse to justify immigration.

Just because there wasn't a history book to say 'this is mine' doesn't mean it was unclaimed. And shit, they probably did exist but they burnt it.
    We can't change history but we can learn from it.

I'm sorry but why shouldn't innocent people seek shelter? If the people of America really want to address immigrants
    Innocent people should definitely be able to seek shelter. The problem is that not-so-innocent people are exploiting it. They're the ones who need to be filtered out, and the only way to do that is to close borders and only let people through after they've been vetted.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, regarding the countries involved in the war(s), there isn't a good side or a bad side. No side is innocent. Each side has their own fucked up reasons for their actions. It's just a fucked up situation. Humans are fucked up. That's all there is to it. Maybe we'll work things out eventually. But again, it's stupid to use the current fucked-up-ness as an excuse to make things even more fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    Politics are generally speaking rotten to the core in America
    if you think this is only the case in the US, you're dead wrong.
    We've got just the same pick-your-poison candidates over here, differs only by not being as powerful as yours

@TimTim
    No one will come to yours if theirs is safe from yours.
    If someone was bombing the shit out of my country and I wanted to flee the last place I would go is to the country that is bombing mine.

Thread Information