Can someone explain me this? lmfao - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cella_V2 View Post
    WOOO SOO MUCH FUN
    The ANTIFUN must not be brought back.
    My post makes the best point, reduces amount of regulations and rules while it gives players more choices to act.

And seriously, the Translocator is too imba and needs some touches.

Quote Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
    Higor took over siege and slowly but surely made everything more defense orientated to setup the biggest camp stations DEX can only dream of.
    Most of it all lies in the Siege profile (which unfortunately the UK server isn't using), grab a default SiegeIV installation and see for yourself how it works.
    Btw, attack/defense related changes that may have gone unnoticed:
    - Dampener (125), silent sneaking.
    - 0020: Hyper Leecher (275, 1s build time), destroy any undefended cluster, mines, etc you see anywhere.
    - Guardian: no need to regulate builds thru walls, good gate defense.
    - 0020: MiniShield, takes extra damage from non-explosive fire when hit at it's center.
    - Protector: makes more maps playable (Gateway, Mazon, Rampage), let's you make cheap automated offensive builds (above bluevember's core lol).
    - 0020: Jetpack - Hover, 100% clientside accuracy of movement.
    - Grenade Launcher: if lucky enough to get EMP and skilled enough to use it, you'll be able to hit the core on overtime, no matter what.

It gets boring when all attack methods resume themselves to Translocator+Nuke so making all other methods viable increases the fun factor and playability of maps where translocator isn't as effective.
    My changes are not made to hurt attacking, but to diversify it. Problem is, some ppl refuses to understand this.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    you'll be able to hit the core on overtime, no matter what.
    - Dampener (125), silent sneaking.
    I dont care about being heard or not, I dont die because people `hear` me, I die cause of the 50 mines on a map

I dont even know why I even bother. If you want to make siege a slumberparty go ahead, but dont expect people to enjoy it.

Mines were there from way before I came.
    If there is ONE problem with mines, is that they have 2000 HP, compared to the 1000 a SuperMine has.
    I'd be totally fine to reduce that to 1500, would make nukes, leechers a lot more effective on clearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cella_V2 View Post
    Siege is supposed to be dynamic and fast, not slow and boring.
    Are you reading my old posts friend?

UT is fast paced and dynamic to begin with, Siege shouldn't slow it down as much as it has been recently. The irony is that Siege mechanics are what hold it back and anytime something is removed or limited people cry about having no variety. On top of this most players understand the most effective strategies, even the lower level players, so you get the same scenarios consistently in the pub server which gets boring.

Regarding the teles through walls, I do think it's a lame tactic, but Adrian/Cella aren't completely selfish players just because they've used it. Sometimes you have to make a big play like that or you're forced into repetitive nuke runs where your team is likely to camp and not help.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    UT is fast paced and dynamic to begin with, Siege shouldn't slow it down as much as it has been recently.
    What do you think of UT3's weapon holders in the Warfare mod? The idea of replacing suppliers with those is something I've considered for a long time.
    EDIT: that would put an end to Supplier Spam rule forever.

I never played UT3 so I have no clue what that's all about.

People are reading me wrong, the best defence is a player, not a build restriction. I would like nothing more than to have leashes taken off certain items.

Newtons third law - Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction.

I believe that should be the same in siege. You can build anything you like through a wall as long as there is a way to stop it, for example you build a RC through wall in blackriver, there is a build that can take care of it by blocking the rockets as they spawn but two RC's one or two may get through, 2 RC's and a tele enable you to get in for a few seconds before it is killed....THAT is the point I am making, you have to work hard and think it out properly to achieve the goal it has nothing to do with strategy, it is to do with gaming etiquette.

Would it be fun to join a game where the enemy do not try and defend or attack? meaning you can kill the core like you are in a practice match with bots. That is how a cheap tele through a wall feels for me. If certain builds were not so severely abused by some players, I could easily see them making a return.

Adrian more than cella deliberately hunts for map flaws or build flaws, but both seek the glory for being the lead role, cella has got much better lately attitude wise and is pretty grounded, but the second he gets a little bored because he can't get in a base which is usually after he has died with two nukes and Amp on a measly mine. It is typical fail syndrome, lost all RU on the nukes and amp which means having to wait for enough RU to build again, that is what I see as the tedious trigger for his type of response.

I respect all views but I have my own views, just because they are not the same does not mean either view is the "right way" for siege setup and play styles. (except adrian, he is a first class cunt who rage quits with every fail but gets an inflated ego if his glitch tele causes the blitz of a match, there is no team play involved with this dickhead.)

@Adrian, that pic btw really does not match the "cool story bro" at all, you needed something like this for it to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    I never played UT3 so I have no clue what that's all about.
    A point you touch and get 4 weapons (don't remember if full or not), and one with highest priority gets autoselected.
    There is a timer (reset on respawn) for each player touching it before restocking.

Left the concept out there somewhere, but something could be done to select the weapons in a new 'supplier' without requiring constructor actions.
    So instead of changing the supply rate, you change the amount of different ammo given (3-6-9), and how much of each depending on level (25% to 50%).
    Makes having a second of those suppliers necessary to have 100% amount of ammo (usually built the last, 9 ammo types).

I'd make them vulnerable, 3000 hp, but take only 1/5th the damage so they heal way faster with containers and leech far less.
    And to prevent them from shielding super protectors... they could block friendly super protector fire like platforms do.

EDIT:
    Sniper first weapon in Clarion lol?

A point you touch and get 4 weapons (don't remember if full or not), and one with highest priority gets autoselected.
    There is a timer (reset on respawn) for each player touching it before restocking.

Left the concept out there somewhere, but something could be done to select the weapons in a new 'supplier' without requiring constructor actions.
    So instead of changing the supply rate, you change the amount of different ammo given (3-6-9), and how much of each depending on level (25% to 50%).
    Makes having a second of those suppliers necessary to have 100% amount of ammo (usually built the last, 9 ammo types).

I'd make them vulnerable, 3000 hp, but take only 1/5th the damage so they heal way faster with containers and leech far less.
    And to prevent them from shielding super protectors... they could block friendly super protector fire like platforms do.

EDIT:
    Sniper first weapon in Clarion lol?
    Ferali developed some kind of weapon locker for NW Final didn't he? I do remember them a little but not enough to remember their function.

This thread is popular isn't it....all these opinions. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wow.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	2733

... Sniper as first weapon on clarion? Incoming KateBush's FSNIP.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information