Public changes - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Public changes

Alright, if you keep seeing crashes revert Siege to 0018, but keep LCWeapons in 0016.
    Goddamn broken collision...
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

one more thing, after getting shieldbelt ss doesn't give me armor points

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Goddamn broken collision...
    Yeah that shit is so annoying. There's no telling how many hours I wasted trying to debug NN a few years ago, thinking it was my fault, only to find out it was a problem with the engine itself.

@Higor Not sure if this will be relevant but I got the collision error well away from base and no builds in sight, loading up rocket launcher and as I was just about to release them it crashed, I had not switched weapon or selected the constructor.

I do agree the version needs to be reverted for now, lots of bugs have reared their heads which needs addressing, Please make sure when you upload the fixed version that either the classic constructor can be selected or the current constructor is cut in size by 3/4, although it may look cool in testing and practice, it is a hindrance in a fast flowing game especially it being forced left hand when a lot are right handed, people should not be forced into using something.

My last comment is to everyone I have seen on the server today.....
    [RANT] you should be ashamed of yourselves the way Higor has been bashed, yes there are bugs, yes your game time is less than you want but instantly "fuck you Higor" is disgraceful, bugs will be fixed, just like every version that has been released....this time I muted those throwing the flame abuse...... keep it up and you will get pimp slapped out of the server for one match or until you learn some fucking manners. Be grateful you still have a developer for siege you ignorant little bastards. [/RANT]

@TimTim do you notice in your sig when they do the last "all hands in" they do it wrong/backwards? hands are meant to release going up

I don't feel bashed... at least for this version.

I kinda screwed up on not realizing something was about to turn into a crashfest due to using a third party engine plugin.
    I disabled LC prediction to see if the element advancer was causing the crashes... and the crashes still occur.

So LC is fine and Siege isn't, next step is to put 0018 back and I'll take a closer look at all the changes, but i'm pretty sure it's the constructor panel trying to locate builds and players to display the info in it.
    Still, this level of FCollisionHash crashes is insane, even playing Warzone with 45 bots, flying flaks, translocators and all kinds of shit... took 40 minutes to crash, this is ridiculous.

--- Updated ---

More technical details:

The crash occurs after a collision hash corruption causes a GPF, be it something attempting to modify it or query it.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be the actual line check that causes it, but maybe I overlooked something very important here...

Traces are queries, movements modify the hash.
    The strange thing is, that what's causing the crash are most likely the constructor line checks, which are queries.
    So, if queries are crashing the engine so much... why didn't the engine crash as much earlier?

There's two chances:
    - Something completely unrelated is corrupting the hash.
    - Constructor querying the hash during weapon rendering is extremely unsafe as the hash hasn't cleaned up yet.
    **** processing order is as follows (first on Entry level, then on game level):
    *** Query sockets
    *** Process connection
    *** Tick collision hash
    *** Update actors (player input processed during PlayerPawn update)
    *** Update child actors (actors are never processed before their owners)
    *** Update viewport (render occurs here) >>>>> Trace occurs here >>>>> Weapon and some other stuff is moved during rendering.
    *** Rinse and repeat.

--- Updated ---

And I just realized...

This is one of the very few times where NPLoader could be put into good use by serving a native actor that replaces the hash during the current level.
    I'd need someone with an older c++ compiler (or I have to install VC++6 on a virtual machine) so that clients aren't forced to use the 2015 c++ runtimes.

Gonna open a thread in UT99.org about this once Shade solves the SSL issue...

Maybe it's the jetpacks?
    Can someone confirm if crashes occur only when someone's jetpacking?

EDIT:
    Translocators are also a bit different now, as they can go through friendly builds.
    Knowing what's happening on the game during the crashes is a huge plus to finding out what's going on.

Server is back to 18.
    I don't think there are a lot of bugs in 19, some can be found in 18 too. The positives far outweigh the negatives except for the fcollisionhash crashes. Fluke is right though, let people choose what they prefer. If it's better they will adapt, if not they won't.

Also, Dante crashed few minutes after the downgrade with a different message. No idea what GPF he got, might just be a random crash.

I'll re-enable LC prediction then.
    Hopefully nobody will crash.

I miss that RU counter =(
    but, i siege IV18 is better, minishild... only 800 ru for a invencible build, for make any SP almost indestructible without nukes, and that gives less RU to enemies? SS as a shield already was lame, in 19 we can make a SS using half RU and the other team won't gain RU shooting it.

The ace crash? Seemed totally random. No jetpack. Walking down a hallway and crash. At base and crash. Anywhere and crash. As i said, if you want to re-enact it, peachcastle was worst of worst. BlueCommand was also quite bad.

Also on BlueCommand it seemed that we had serial crashing at same time. Many ppl crashing simultaneously at exactly the same time. Ie:

-Scourge
    -Me
    -Otherguy

altogether.
    Last edited by Janssen; 10-02-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Thread Information