Who banned me for 300 matches? - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I wish I could see what you posted, but my system crashed every time I type "demoplay blabla". Can you make it into a video? Just so everyone can see.

lel combo is full of noobs now...... for future monkey, demo your games. If your demo doesnt work fix it. Instead of coming to argue the ban why not try to prevent it for the future? If you ask politely im sure someone here will help fix your demo recording.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    lel combo is full of noobs now...... for future monkey, demo your games. If your demo doesnt work fix it. Instead of coming to argue the ban why not try to prevent it for the future? If you ask politely im sure someone here will help fix your demo recording.
    I will try to set it up, so I can record my games. But it seems like my video card is the fault. I even installed a "paid for" version of the game and it still crashes.

Did anyone get to watch the game?

Hi, I'm new in comboinstagib and I play a couple of times in the week. I played with and against monkey in this server but I don't understand the ban, because monkey always has played as a teamplayer (attacking or defending when it's necessary) and I never saw him camping, backcamping or whatever... I agree with JD, you should demo your games as a way to probe the "banner" is wrong.

Just wait, 300 games I think is about 1 week... so relax.

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Hi, I'm new in comboinstagib and I play a couple of times in the week. I played with and against monkey in this server but I don't understand the ban, because monkey always has played as a teamplayer (attacking or defending when it's necessary) and I never saw him camping, backcamping or whatever... I agree with JD, you should demo your games as a way to probe the "banner" is wrong.

Just wait, 300 games I think is about 1 week... so relax.

Smoke
    Thanks for the support Smoke. You are a good player also. You give me a hard time when I am playing.

From now on, I will be a watered down version of myself. I will be mindlessly grabbing the flags, and I certainly won't "defend" because of the risk of being banned without warning. If I can shoot someone who is going towards my flag, I will ignore them and allow them to take my flag. I will wait until they actually grab before I try to shoot them. I will change my name to monkey|mindless. I'm not even sure anymore what is allowed in CTF to be honest. I thought I was the complete CTF player. I doubt there are people with my CTF stats for grabbing/flagkills/caps/assists/covers/seals/pickups. But apparently I am the epitome of a lamer. May god have mercy on the souls of other players. If I grow bored of mindless playing, I will quit the game completely. It might be a blessing in disguise. It will give me time to focus on my thesis and grad school.

Again, thanks for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    From now on, I will be a watered down version of myself. I will be mindlessly grabbing the flags, and I certainly won't "defend" because of the risk of being banned without warning. If I can shoot someone who is going towards my flag, I will ignore them and allow them to take my flag. I will wait until they actually grab before I try to shoot them. I will change my name to monkey|mindless. I'm not even sure anymore what is allowed in CTF to be honest. I thought I was the complete CTF player. I doubt there are people with my CTF stats for grabbing/flagkills/caps/assists/covers/seals/pickups. But apparently I am the epitome of a lamer. May god have mercy on the souls of other players. If I grow bored of mindless playing, I will quit the game completely.
    lol wtf is wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    From now on, I will be a watered down version of myself. I will be mindlessly grabbing the flags, and I certainly won't "defend" because of the risk of being banned without warning. If I can shoot someone who is going towards my flag, I will ignore them and allow them to take my flag. I will wait until they actually grab before I try to shoot them. I will change my name to monkey|mindless. I'm not even sure anymore what is allowed in CTF to be honest. I thought I was the complete CTF player. I doubt there are people with my CTF stats for grabbing/flagkills/caps/assists/covers/seals/pickups.
    What I kind of thought because of banning on defense... so that's what I end up having to do, just go get flag. Some other players just defend and don't get banned. But it just seem too many to report.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    That's dming lol.
    Defending is being in your base.

Camping is being in a hard to get to spot, not being in your base.

I have seen complete noobs getting frags like that, it's not hard all you need is a low ping and to walk around comboing everything instead of aiming for kills, try doing 300+ like some of the pug players can do using little to zero combos.

It's combogib it's 99.9% spam and 0.1% aim required.

A good defender would not come across as a dmer, if they are they are doing something wrong.

Since when is 40 kills in 15 minutes a lot of kills?
    Owned well
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

What's up with all the hate on combogib? Does it make you feel good about yourself to talk shit about it for some reason? The mod is one of the best to exist in UT. There is spam in some cases, but the ability to tactically place combos (especially while strafing) instead of spamming them is what separates the good from the bad. I can't think of anything more mindless than the people who do nothing but wobble back and forth for an entire match spamming primary across the map. Half the players from chile and mexico do this, while ignoring the objectives of the game.

And monkey being banned is silly. He's one of the few people on the server that PLAY ctf. So he stopped grabbing for a few minutes and occupied the middle? Who doesn't? As long as he isn't ignoring objectives, I don't see what the big deal is. Ignoring an objective is like when the true DMers kill the EFC, the flag drops in middle and they ignore it because they want to kill someone else, and the flag ends up getting picked up by another person. Haven't watched the demo, but based on what I've read it seems like he was playing more defensively since his team had secured the lead. Him being in middle of that map puts him in a good position to defend his team's FC if someone from his team grabs, and allows him to fall back if an enemy grabs his team's flag. That makes middle a viable position.

zp combogib.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails combo.jpg  

Thread Information