strange lag - Page 9

User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: strange lag

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    I'm just checking everything to do with my connection, checking all the cables and trying different ones to see if it helps, but on the combo server there is no problem with hits not registering, UT4 is fine as well.

Do you think reducing fps will help with it? (locked at 120fps 1920x1080 atm, otherwise I'll get about 600fps on some maps lol)

-edit-

no change, still complete garbage, may as well shot ghosts.
    don't think you will be able to change it on your side, i'm struggeling with this lag on the insta servers for years now and everyone that i know has the same probs there too. even with a stable ping 25 + 10 hops to the uk-sever im shooting right through ppl at some point (thats if i had the opportunity to get a working slot at the start of a game) and then this condition stays until the rest of the game. server works best for me if there are only 6-8 players on. when ppl join later or lots of ppl leave + join within a game it gets unplayable and hitting is pure gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by kokett View Post
    don't think you will be able to change it on your side, i'm struggeling with this lag on the insta servers for years now and everyone that i know has the same probs there too. even with a stable ping 25 + 10 hops to the uk-sever im shooting right through ppl at some point (thats if i had the opportunity to get a working slot at the start of a game) and then this condition stays until the rest of the game. server works best for me if there are only 6-8 players on. when ppl join later or lots of ppl leave + join within a game it gets unplayable and hitting is pure gamble.
    Normally when I play around 6-10am it's ok, but hardly anyone is about at those times

Normally when I play around 6-10am it's ok, but hardly anyone is about at those times
    low playercount = less to no lag, yup.
    anyone knows the differences between the ow-serverpcs and the uk ones, if there is any? maybe they just cant handle the load properly?

Probably going to quit playing ut, I'm so sick of all the bounced hits on the insta servers.
    100% of my shots register as expected on every server regardless of player count and/or spectators, and I've never noticed any shots going through players. I have noticed however that when I play on the UK server, I'll subconsciously start aiming ahead because I know I have a higher ping, which of course makes me miss, but when I remember to simply aim directly at the player models at all times, everything works as expected.

Can you record a demo? Or better yet, do a live stream or something using shadowplay, so that we can determine what exactly your problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Can you record a demo? Or better yet, do a live stream or something using shadowplay, so that we can determine what exactly your problem is.
    Here is an example of what I mean shots going through

test2.zip

Am I missing by the tiniest margin? (frame by frame looks quite like it)
    Am I aiming at the wrong area? (like the odd way you had to with zp, I aim behind the player a tiny bit while tracking them left or right)
    Is my crosshair not centered right?

What's the exact shape of the hitbox?

I've been playing a lot on the uk server(played maybe a game a month on it before) since I got my new pc, I didn't play on it because it felt the same as the us server does now, but now the uk server feels perfect and the us feels strange, always feels that you have to aim at a different area on the player to get kills on each insta server.

The game before I posted, was one of those annoying games when you constantly go around a corner hit a player, then the player kills you even though it looks like you hit them quite a bit before they shot you, just got really frustrated and made a rage post.(I know there's nothing you can do about it apart from having a lower ping, or a -100ms monitor)

If it turns out i'm just being stupid(again), I'll at least be able to change where to aim at when trying to kill someone, I'm still getting used to playing without fps lag, the mouse feels super smooth and much faster(to get the mouse to feel like my old settings I have to use a 180 distance of about 15 inches, gone back down to 8 inch 180, and it feels like a 1cm 180 on my old pc).

Don't have a clue on how to live stream, how fast does ytour upload speed have to be for it to work right?

It looks like you were aiming ever so slightly ahead of the player and then upon the next frame he moved in front of where you were aiming which made it appear as if the shot went through. It also looks like he was dodging and the dodge animation slightly distorts the player model relative to the hitbox. The player model is still mostly centered (there's a limit to how far off it can move) but the hitbox will feel like it lags very slightly behind (by a few Unreal Units max). This isn't because of anything I've done with NewNet. It's just the way UT is by default.

ut-sniper u have the same resolution in u pc and ut?

Go Away....

Quote Originally Posted by [R]^Osyris View Post
    ut-sniper u have the same resolution in u pc and ut?
    Yeah, 1920x1080 @60hz, I lock fps to 120 otherwise fps goes well past 600fps on some maps.

i remember have this issue when use some diferents resolutions between deskop and game. also when i change text size 100 to 120. when u make clicks inside menú ut the click position is diferent.

Go Away....

Quote Originally Posted by [R
    ^Osyris;88811]diferents resolutions
    This is most likely true. I always forget about this myself. People have reported quite a bit that their shots land in different places relative to their crosshair depending on their resolution. It's probably only a few pixels (maximum), but enough to throw off their game if they've played at a different resolution for so long.

Thread Information