UT4 Alpha servers.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

UT4 Alpha servers.

Over the next few weeks and after my competition on the 20th, I will be working on starting our UT4 servers. UT3 was never really an interest because I really disliked it the second I played it. However, I don't think UT4 is too bad!

So, our first location will be based in UK or DE, hopefully by the end of the month. After which, I will work on starting some US based servers too.

These servers will probably just be normal weapons and instagib servers until stable clients/servers are released. We will then quite possibly look at porting siege over as well as combogib.

It is very nice to see that we are expanding Keep up the great work Sam. BTW how would 1 be able to play UT4? Sounds fun and a bit different from what ive heard and would like to give it a shot.

UT4 needs more dedicated servers

I'm waiting for the next build, I uninstalled UT4 after the last update, was just a waste of SSD space.

Just to clarify, are you starting with two servers, one for insta and one for NW, or will it be combined?

As for ComboGib, <//UrS//>sp0ngeb0b already made a mutator for it, and they're supposed to have a server up and running with it. I couldn't find it in the server browser last time I checked though, so it might be down.

He's busy with school these days, but I'm sure he'll start on a grapple mutator as soon as he has a chance.

@UT-Sniper-SJA94
    Just keep it installed. It updates rather than having to redownload the whole package.

@seabass
    Instagib will be separate to nw. The problem about modding is; with every release, the mlds need revision and re-releasing. That's too much work to expect anybody to do. Therefore we need to wait for beta clients at the very least before we will see any sort of modded servers.

@|uK|Tomahawk
    You can download it at unrealtournament.com

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    The problem about modding is; with every release, the mlds need revision and re-releasing. That's too much work to expect anybody to do.
    Well then. That explains why their server is down xD

Yea everytime a new build is out it's a bitch. Have to re update your servers & make sure all maps & shit are working. Just letting you all know running a UT4 hub at the moment is kind of a bitch but we do need some more public servers especially with |UK| everyone knows who |UK| is so might throw a lot of interest to people.

I was also thinking of putting up a README atleast on how to setup a Windows Server hub & maybe I will send someone else here to do a README for Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeDMaN View Post
    I was also thinking of putting up a README atleast on how to setup a Windows Server hub & maybe I will send someone else here to do a README for Linux.
    There's a whole dedicated tutorial section for UT4 now so feel free! Might save me some time when starting the servers.

Do you know if the server takes advantage of multiple threads or is it still a single thread process
    Last edited by SAM; 02-15-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks sam, ill give a review of it when ive explored what is needed to explore

Right. Server is ready and prepped. Just need to start deploying them now.

I think the initial servers will be instagib only. If anyone knows a maplist / pack available, would appreciate if you'd link.

We will not be hosting any US servers at this moment.

Thanks

Thread Information