Ducking while sniping - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    to be honest you should still be able to headshot them if you are ACTUALLY hitting their head. - I dont mean have the bug where you can headshot when aiming at head height and still get the headshot while that player is crouched

im saying have it so you can headshot them even if they are crouched

hell all they are protecting is their balls/vag by crouching anyway?

Install crotchshot. Problem solved.
    http://www.unrealize.co.uk for XConsole, ServerLog, StealthAdmin and other Unreal Tournament mods.

I remember an obvious headshot on peeps who was ducking. Just be right above them and shoot down in mid of their body and get a headshot lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

ROFL !
    I squat just to me it was more difficult to observe.
    Sniper is a fucking camper by nature and I hate that shit.
    Kills the whole strategy, etc .....

Yeh, we know you hate sniper
    After all you've only said it about 43185 times in the server
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by Kate*Bush View Post
    ROFL !
    I squat just to me it was more difficult to observe.
    Sniper is a fucking camper by nature and I hate that shit.
    Kills the whole strategy, etc .....
    f snip pidars

I'll use this thread as an excuse for some other "issues/changes" I really dislike since the good old fashioned siege when it was popular. No disrespect to the developers of the mod, just an opinion from an old retired player who once used to love this game.

Buildings:
    Lets start with buildings, remember when you were able to build a tele through the wall on Bathrooms for the nuke room? Now you can't because => (insert something about the code, cuz I don't know why) , but instead you can make game changing (read: breaking) tele's through walls such as clarion, Kanjar (best map still btw) and some other maps I can't think of right now. But to get to my point, the author specifically made Kanjar so that there were only 2 nuke rooms in the mid area that were hard to obtain/maintain, but because of this change you get people just taking their own side window in the hallway and camp the fuck out of it with easy containers/protectors and what not AND a very safe tele for nukes you can barely touch.

Now onto the mines, which I think should be removed from the game, since you have super protectors, but something changed here too with the upgrades in levels and stuff, I can't really remember everything but all I know is when it was a lvl 3 mine you were dead, simple as that. Now you get armor stacks+belt and stuff and I don't even know what you need anymore to survive different levels of mines. If you need a lvl 4 mine 125+(25+50+75+100)=375 RU to protect your base with all the protectors you have as well, you my friend are a true shitter and I pity you. Because if you fall back on defenses every single time, the games won't be exciting, which you know, leads to a decline in player base.

Reduced RU gains on buildings like mini shields/forcefield, like my last point, you give defenders too much to work with, it's actually rewarding for them to build huge ass leeches and then cover it up with a forcefield (ff won't die and attackers get very little income from it) to protect them from losing the game because they built very poorly.

Weapons / Gameplay:
    If you know a little bit about the game you should have noticed a couple of changes to the weapons that affect the gameplay a bit. Pulse has always been strong in defense but now you have a minigun to go with it, which makes defending a breeze. Some other changes are the ASMD pulse rifle deals 75 dmg on hit instead of 60 dmg (should be 60 imo) which it used to, instagib is zp (which is fine), green nuke is still best mid spawn in the game.
    But the one thing that probably felt a bit off to me was the (correct) change to the health/armor bars, I've been used to playing this game where you needed 2 headshots and a bodyshot for a kill and to be honest, it felt quite balanced. Offense benefits a lot more from extra hp than defense does, because once they leave base, there's no way back. A balance between offense and defense makes for an exciting game, but atm I think it's too much leaning towards the defensive side, which makes gameplay dull, and it's hurting the longevity of this mod.

There were also good features that were improved to the game such as upgrading builds within a forcefield and stuff, more responsive constructor towards player upgrading and repairing, but those were improvements, not changes.

For this topic, you should be able to headshot a crouched person if you hit him on the head, if you can't then, again you'll get these shitters that sit on top of the bathroom sink crouching with shield belt and instantly retreating when they get hit once.

You might think this post is very heavily biased towards offense, but I'll let you know I'm an undefeated MLSG Simplex defender and I truly enjoy defending and sitting behind super protectors to snag up kills ;^).

Agree that its defensively oriented right now, also have the impression that sometimes when you nuke the core you dont get as much RU back (say a map like Bathrooms or Simplex for example, pretty sure you get more RU back nuking containers rather than the core)
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
    have the impression that sometimes when you nuke the core you dont get as much RU back (say a map like Bathrooms or Simplex for example, pretty sure you get more RU back nuking containers rather than the core)
    i tought we already dealth with this issue in the past. i do remember that there was an update about this where you get more ru from core cause people were nuking buildings way to much just to get the ru back. maybe we gotta look into it again?

Quote Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
    No disrespect to the developers of the mod
    You get the point, but I wasn't the one that made certain calls here (INI modifications can turn this into a whole different game, and I didn't make those).

remember when you were able to build a tele through the wall on Bathrooms for the nuke room?
    I still am on red base?
    Bathrooms has been fixed on the Development Server for over 4 months (my signature), just have someone with access to the pub server and redirect go grab it.

Now onto the mines, which I think should be removed from the game
    I would remove them in a nuke-less metagame.

Reduced RU gains on buildings like mini shields/forcefield, like my last point, you give defenders too much to work with,
    Those having the same leech ratio than a container defeats the purpose of building them at all, pre RC15 forcefields were counterproductive.
    Pre RC15 minishields were nothing but a cheap useless version of the Super Supplier (I would often build SHP's as minishields in those versions).
    Super Containers could be glitched, and it would often take 30 minutes of hard work to get rid of one, nothing beats that for defensive uses (and luckily is gone).
    I usually leech over 4k RU from a minishield in butchered in a single game, upgrading it to convict on one game was what made us lose...

which makes gameplay dull
    Read most of my previous posts criticising mid and weapons changes.
    I'm just abusing said changes by voting Coret/Niven/Nucleus/etc and expanding the base like an infection, lots of remarkable rage quits on the other team are had every single game.
    It's not like they have a tool for destroying my shit... anymore.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information