User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    and what about Acceleration of mouse? i lisent they improve this on win 10 right?. I would need aply some mouse fix then ? u test track @TimTim, @SAM

Go Away....

Quote Originally Posted by [R]^Osyris View Post
    and what about Acceleration of mouse? i lisent they improve this on win 10 right?. I would need aply some mouse fix then ? u test track @TimTim, @SAM
    I have no idea. I have never had problem with mouse acceleration.

Best thing to do is clone your current OS and setup Win 10 on another...

Create a partition on the HDD and clone the SSD. Then create a second partition and install Win 10.

The wires that are crossed are those of the lefties... aren't you supposed to say that "races don't exist" at this point?

And what about now? Some one can reaply the experience about this weeks? Errors, Drivers, and UT 99 X)
    I've been using it since it was released, and it's been rock solid.
    The only bug I've encountered was one where my WiFi connection to my router got messed up (plenty of packetloss and very high ping). That was an issue with location services, and all I had to do was turn it off and everything was working again.
    I just tested it now, btw, and it seems that it's been fixed in an update.

I can't really comment on UT99 performance because it never ran perfect on my system when I used Windows7 either. At this point I'm starting to think that it's a hardware compatibility issue.
    Windows10 does feel a lot snappier, and the bootup time is much faster. If you skipped Win8, then you missed out on a lot of performance enhancements. Microsoft was trying to shoehorn Windows into tablets around that time so performance was a big focus in that version, and of course you get those enhancements in Windows10 too!

As for mouse acceleration, I haven't noticed any (after I configured my UT correctly, that is.)

Well, I've decided that I will no longer use any newer Windows OS, once mine becomes obsolete I'll switch to GNU/Linux.
    It's a shame but there's almost nothing left from the good old Windows I once learnt to use (3.1!!).

These OS's looke like goddamn phone interfaces and they even track the color of your underwear, no thank you.
    Besides... most first grade school kids have Linux tablets here in Uruguay and I gotta catch up with them lol.

PD: UT99 will always run fine, you just gotta get a proper config.
    In my case I needed to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP), and I'm talking about a server OS.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Well, I've decided that I will no longer use any newer Windows OS, once mine becomes obsolete I'll switch to GNU/Linux.
    It's a shame but there's almost nothing left from the good old Windows I once learnt to use (3.1!!).
    Well, technically, I don't think there is anything left at all. :P
    Windows Millennium Edition was the last OS release where they still used the Windows9x/Win95 kernel which was based on MS-DOS.
    Starting with Windows2000, Microsoft abandoned it in favor of the NT kernel which was a complete rewrite.

These OS's looke like goddamn phone interfaces and they even track the color of your underwear, no thank you.
    I'll agree with you when it comes to Windows8, but they really toned it down in Windows10 and It feels a lot more like a regular Windows again.
    I'm not trying to discourage you from making the switch in any way (I prefer Linux), but it should be noted that the more "creepy" privacy policies won't apply to you if you make a local Windows account instead of a Microsoft account.

PD: UT99 will always run fine, you just gotta get a proper config.
    In my case I needed to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP), and I'm talking about a server OS.
    I've been trying out different renderers and configs for years now. The most effective thing I did for performance was disabling HPET (High Precision Event Timer.) UT still stutters from time to time, but I can live with that.
    If I'm going to spend any more time on it, UT will probably be long dead by the time I've found the right configuration for my machine xD

Quote Originally Posted by Janssen View Post
    The wires that are crossed are those of the lefties... aren't you supposed to say that "races don't exist" at this point?
    Haha... I am most definitely not a "leftist". Hint: I don't give two shits about political correctness. Maybe when I was young and dumb and had no experience with the realities of "diversity" (at least in the US), I could have been called a "leftist". Nowadays though, through years of pattern recognition and logical deduction, it's painfully obvious that genetics and environment have a huge impact on mental development and human behavior, just as they do with physical development and ability.

I actually can't tell if you're trolling, because you're giving people with "non-leftist" views such a bad rep right now with your incoherent rambling. But I'll stop there though as gaming forums are a ridiculous place to talk about these kinds of things.

Anyway...

@[R]^Osyris I haven't had any problems with mouse acceleration. I did however run the MarkC mouse accel fix for Windows 10 and tested it with MouseMovementRecorder to verify that the movement is 1-to-1, and it is. The only problem I've run into in that area actually occurred yesterday when I got a new mouse. I had the polling rate at 1000 which I think was causing some negative acceleration in-game, so I lowered it to 500 and it instantly felt better. That's a hardware issue though, I believe, not an issue with Windows 10.

To further elaborate on my experience with UT99 and Windows 10, I went with a fresh install for that too. Got the demo from the downloads section of this site and used the 436NoDelta patch. I then downloaded the D3D9 driver (google ut99 d3d9 driver) and set the UT99 rendering device to it and used all the default settings with a few small changes as I saw necessary (like gamma, brightness, and swapinterval set to 0). I use the same resolution in-game as my desktop, which should also give the same refresh rate with no extra configuration. I also made sure direct input was on. That's basically it.
    Last edited by TimTim; 10-02-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Privacy and Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog
    well i gonna test this win...

Go Away....

im back win 8.1...
    I try fix mouse acceleration and dont work 1 to 1 =(

Go Away....

Microsoft lead designer: Alright boys, let's keep trying to draw in as many gamers we can!
    Microsoft programmer: Alright, shall we...
    Microsoft lead designer: *interrupts* let's change the entire mouse acceleration thing yet again!
    Microsoft programmer: ...
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information