Banned by TimTim for what? - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Holzi View Post
    Have you played against him?
    He is crouching Gauntlet high and shooting people in the back...
    With 8 accuracy.. It means he's letting 12+ shots fly before connecting on one.

Quote Originally Posted by PACO View Post
    It's an Unreal Tournament IG pub and the guy has 8 accuracy and a million ping. Not my servers, not my rules but it's unfortunate seeing a guy like this take a ban playing a fifteen year old game that he loves. You quadrupled his frags and killed him almost 3:1 and banning him is just adding insult to injury.
    Somehow I knew you'd chime in with this exact comment. Almost every one of his frags was from crouching in a corner. He spammed and missed shots repeatedly but that is no excuse for not following the rules. Don't comment on things you know nothing about.

As I was in his team during this game I can confirm he was just hiding in corner(s) backshooting respawned people.
    iCTF is still about grabbing a flag, covering the flagcarrier and killing the enemy fc. I can also just spam a dozen of shots next time in my base first to later do some camping in their base, making a holy shit rampage to spam another dozen of shots in my own base first so I can end with a total of 150 ass-shot kills and 10 acc. Or what if this guys plays a pug @ ipug, makes 30 kills in total where as 20 of them are assruns... I'm pretty sure you will ban him as well even tho he only has 8 acc.

There are a few more idiots around which are crouch the fucking whole time (evil-clown f.e.). On a map like Duku score can easily reach 15-1 if you have one or two people like him (I'm staying nice here) in your team. I've got respect for every player who tries to play iCTF even if they need 12 shots for a kill, but people like LaG4D who only chase/assrun and camp in a corner add 0.0 value to the game ruining the experience for the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSaH View Post
    As I was in his team during this game I can confirm he was just hiding in corner(s) backshooting respawned people.
    iCTF is still about grabbing a flag, covering the flagcarrier and killing the enemy fc. I can also just spam a dozen of shots next time in my base first to later do some camping in their base, making a holy shit rampage to spam another dozen of shots in my own base first so I can end with a total of 150 ass-shot kills and 10 acc. Or what if this guys plays a pug @ ipug, makes 30 kills in total where as 20 of them are assruns... I'm pretty sure you will ban him as well even tho he only has 8 acc.

There are a few more idiots around which are crouch the fucking whole time (evil-clown f.e.). On a map like Duku score can easily reach 15-1 if you have one or two people like him (I'm staying nice here) in your team. I've got respect for every player who tries to play iCTF even if they need 12 shots for a kill, but people like LaG4D who only chase/assrun and camp in a corner add 0.0 value to the game ruining the experience for the other players.
    Bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Don't comment on things you know nothing about.
    What definition of nothing are we rolling with?

Here is what we do know...

-He shot 8accuracy (12+ shots needed to connect).
    -He's playing with 300 ping from Thailand.
    -He's a newb.
    -You got 4x as many frags.
    -You killed him almost 3:1.
    -You lost the map.
    -You banned him.

What information are we missing other than 'he broke the rules'? I'm amused that you knew I would chime in. Maybe you remember my stance on newbs or you have been blessed with telepathy.

Or what if this guys plays a pug @ ipug, makes 30 kills in total where as 20 of them are assruns... I'm pretty sure you will ban him as well even tho he only has 8 acc.
    It happens all the time. We have newbs come through from the pubs, other games, other gametypes and other communities. One of the things that I preach to my admins is lenience on newbs (guys like Sponge/Unrealshots/any other admin can attest). This is in a pug environment where there are structured rules and people are taking the extra step to play. An example of a newb would be TimTim when he first started playing IG pickups. He struggled to play offense/grab flags and I received complaints about his playstyle. I didn't ban him, I offered him advice on CTF etiquette and how to grab. He figured it out and turned himself into a pretty decent player.

Additionally, if this guy played on iPug, another admin who wasn't on the opposing team would have had to review the case before banning him. In the heat of the moment, people make bad decisions and it's one of the main reasons why I have other admins review laming bans.

The guy is unbanned, so the topic is stale but not entirely irrelevant. I'm disappointed that one of the last active pubs and hubs treats newbs like that.

Ive played UT since day 1 so hardly a n00b 1115 matches and 1079 caps on these servers, not the worlds best stats, but still not bad for someone that 'apparently' spends all their time crouching in corners shooting people in the back.

I will admit that the map where I got banned (Control) was a bit of a lazy/smoking map for me after playing about 10 maps straight. I did crouch once in home base for 1 flag kill and I did penetrate their defense from their own base a little too much (no crouching at all here, contrary to what I was accused of). As for 'crouching all the time' that is just bullshit. To get banned without even a warning imho was a bit harsh and more of a personal attack than a well judged admin decision.

As for the others that like tuggin on the admin, if you see me doing wrong then demorec me, send it to an admin and get me permabanned....simple innit!

Admins should also state who they are when they ban people. (unless they can't really stand for their decisions/actions)
    Last edited by Lag4D; 10-18-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Oh really, when was this then? I haven't played Gauntlet since 25 July, almost 3 months ago and a very tight match it was
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=match&mid=60574
    9 grabs, 3 caps all the while I was 'crouching Gauntlet high and shooting people in the back'

So when was I doing as you accuse me??
    Last edited by Lag4D; 10-18-2014 at 06:26 PM.

What information are we missing other than 'he broke the rules'?
    The map went into 7 minutes of overtime because of Lag4D. I guess you skipped over or conveniently ignored the part where I said that his team was able to cap as soon as he was banned. Allow me to quote myself:
    Please try to do something useful in the future. You were doing more harm to your team than good, because you know what happens when you backshoot the enemy team as they're trying to leave their base? They spawn right back in their base, and your team stands no chance of getting out as a result. Your team was able to cap as soon as I banned you.

The game is called "Capture the Flag" not "Sit in a Corner and Backshoot Everyone Like a Jackass".
    I'm amused that you knew I would chime in. Maybe you remember my stance on newbs or you have been blessed with telepathy.
    I knew you'd chime in because the thread involves me. I'm amused that I was right about you chiming in.

An example of a newb would be TimTim when he first started playing IG pickups. He struggled to play offense/grab flags and I received complaints about his playstyle. I didn't ban him, I offered him advice on CTF etiquette and how to grab. He figured it out and turned himself into a pretty decent player.
    This is a really ridiculous comparison. My first few maps playing InstaGib CTF ever can in no way be compared to someone who says it himself that he's been playing since day 1. He most definitely knows the accepted playstyle on UnrealKillers' servers by now, whereas no one ever explained to me the rules of iCTF before my first few pugs. And I immediately adjusted my playstyle upon learning the etiquette.

I had already warned Lag4D multiple times during previous encounters, so your assumption that he was banned without warning is completely unwarranted, as well as your other assumptions within this thread, those of which you're relying on as you grasp for straws in your attempt to make me look like a bad guy here.

Hopefully as a result of his short ban, Lag4D understands now that crouching in a corner in the enemy base and trying to shoot players in the back as they leave was making the pub experience exceedingly unpleasant for the other 11 players in the server.

All I can say is - FINALLY!
    Thanks for that!
    Always crouching and camping in corners. There are more of these players like VICTUS to name one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScReaM View Post
    i have seen him also doing it all games long , in corners camping , i see other players with 250-300 ping playing ctf

So you quote Holzi even though I have disproved his claim....that's a bit weak!! Here are the stats again for the last time I played Gauntlet nearly 3 months ago Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats
    Scream can go check my stats for grabs/caps and then tell me again that I'm spending all my time 'camping in corners'
    Loseh's claim might have some weight in it, but I think he is exaggerating a bit, I was penetrating defence, also dodging into base, but was NOT crouching in enemy base

I had already warned Lag4D multiple times during previous encounters, so your assumption that he was banned without warning is completely unwarranted
    As for warnings?? you have never given me a warning before.... no need to lie!
    Last edited by Lag4D; 10-18-2014 at 07:02 PM.

I knew you'd chime in because the thread involves me. I'm amused that I was right about you chiming in.
    Last I checked, there is no shortage of TimTim threads. Do you get that shaking suspicion in all of them or was this one particularly special? I'm sure you believe your ban is justified and if you are fully confident with your decision, you shouldn't have a problem with people raising concerns.

Thread Information