User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Japan :( Nuclear Energy

I had to make up some missing assignments for science, since I have a D+ in it. I had to do this paragraph about nuclear energy. I used to think it was awesome and that. But now after, I don't like it. I think people's lives are more important than electricity. And their homes are more important, family, pets, where they live. I wouldn't want to be someone greedy and use that energy and they would have to deal with the meltdown. Not to mention Chernoble, Tremnoble? And it causes cancer too, I don't think its worth it. I'd rather do it natural ways. Like sun, water, dams. I hope some writers didn't die from there and what if the candy pocky runs out too :| . I feel bad for them. Not to mention i wanted to go there one day.

Bless Japan
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill

Idk but, We're not at a state to lose any Electricity and gas any time soon ,and really, I guess I'm greedy cause I can't imagine life without electricity and gas as you say .

You can still get electricity without using nuclear power :\ Gotta make it as personal as possible. Man, we just read another depressing book in LA again -.- . Night by Elie Weisel. Holy fuck what the fuck was that. It was the saddest book I've ever read. But it wasn't bad unlike that suicide book :| . Must burn it later. rip pages. worst book in history of books. I wouldve went to violence man god damn. But then god wouldn't accept you into heaven :| . Either way. But as long as you throw rocks at peoples houses, and kick and punch people, its good enough. God said he'd deal with revenge though, but fuck it is so fucking good. OH jeez off of topic. After reading Night that just takes you somewhere else. Would've done more for my father. Don't like it when people die, don't know how he survived life, I would've killed myself after that. But anyways People > Technology.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill

Actually nuclear energy is the cleanest and safest way to produce energy. When the few events do happen like this and it gets over-reported in the news, it can incorrectly skew people's perceptions (as it did yours). It's just like when people are afraid to fly because of some recent plane crash or terrorist attack, when it's actually the safest way to travel. It's just that the media doesn't report on every plane that lands because that isn't interesting news.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Koala View Post
    Actually nuclear energy is the cleanest and safest way to produce energy. When the few events do happen like this and it gets over-reported in the news, it can incorrectly skew people's perceptions (as it did yours). It's just like when people are afraid to fly because of some recent plane crash or terrorist attack, when it's actually the safest way to travel. It's just that the media doesn't report on every plane that lands because that isn't interesting news.

WELL SAID ANY COMMENTS ON 2012?

Yes, and since there is not a great flow of rivers in japan, they made those nuclear plants.

This. Though sadly shit like earthquakes can wreck stuff, I really hope they get the situation under control soon, it sucks to see this kind of shit happen. I can only imagine how one of my aunts is handling the situation, she was originally from Japan and still has relatives over there. They were alright the last time we checked, but still this sort of thing freaks you out.

Same with solar panels and wind mills. It's a shame such an event happened in Japan though. What concerns me the most is how they're going to get the reactors back online without entirely ruining them by flooding sea water, literally they pissed away a TON of Japan's tax-payers money by doing that maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by fudddge View Post
    I was making an Omellette mmm - I hope this gets cleared up... jonesing to build :-)

Usually it's not the earthquake that has killed the most, it's the tsunami that fallows it after wards. !

Really what was the tsunami killed more, but what caused the tsunami was the earthquake.

Thread Information