When will there be a Mouse fix? - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You should give up trying, once you fix one problem there will be another problem. One way around it for me was to use stupidly low mouse settings 60cm+ 180s 90cm was the lowest i ever played, i still use about a 45cm 180 for ut, it does make you a sitting duck in some situations.

You all verified the 1-to-1 movement (with quick movements) and 500 Hz polling rate, right? I've used this approach on every machine I've played on over the years and it always works the same on every setup for me. Window XP/7/10, multiple laptops, multiple desktops, different mice, etc. Always works reliably and consistently. Note: Sometimes UT and/or your software/drivers/whatever actually change things for some reason when you boot up UT or another game. I think the key might be to verify that the configuration remains when you boot up the game. @Nordog had the problem where his settings didn't stick but he managed to fix it somehow. Perhaps he can say what he did.

- - - Updated - - -

You might also want to verify that your mouse's sensor doesn't suck dick by attempting to move it in a perfectly straight line left and right and then again up and down. The sensor on my Deathadder was terrible. I would attempt to move it in as straight of a line as I possibly could, up and down or left and right, and the stupid thing would randomly move off the axis. As @elite_verga says, there was no precision whatsoever. I double checked that the sensor was clean, tried it on multiple surfaces, but the Deathadder (maybe I got a defective sensor lol) was just plain garbage. I will never buy another Razer mouse.

Try everything recommended here, however I have acceleration no matter what I do the problem persists.
    What can I do? tries to adapt. LOL
    CDQMCP

Some mice have built-in and/or configurable acceleration, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    i still use about a 45cm 180 for ut, it does make you a sitting duck in some situations.
    This is almost the same as me. I move the mouse until I make the perfect 180 that feels comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Same here. But having said that. My eyes can't take so much going on at once anymore. Need to start exercising my eyes!
    Aint that the truth. In my early to mid 20's I thought I would never be like our elders at the time and that I am too fit to deteriorate so just laughed at the "old" people, how wrong I was. The brain stays the same but everything else doesn't work as well, the time passes so fast as well. I am 40 in May but in my mind I am still in my 20's, I think the same as I did back then, just my body is getting worn out. People of my age are not "Boring" as younger people think, we have just lived the young life experiences for so long it gets boring after a while, same shit, different day.

To top that off I take Medication to dull the nervous system in my body as well as a very strong morphine painkillers, then muscle relaxants. That's why some games I am on the ball and others I play like I am blind, good games are when the morphine is in full effect, I will also be more laid back. If I am at the end and due to take the next lot, that is when I play pretty crap and can be prone to raging a little. lol
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 01-05-2016 at 08:28 AM.

for me playing ut doesn't wear out, my longest break in 16 years was last year from February till June when I broke my little finger on my left hand and couldn't play with plaster and even later was hard, but it's back to normal again

if you want to get better you have to play everyday

I play with no acceleration, with mouse smoothing, just changed my dpi and input recently thanks to @Nordog 's suggestion and my accuracy improved that's what matters to me
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Fluke seems to be having the same exact issues I'm having, some days smooth and good accuracy and others straight shit precision, every shot misses.

Some issues I have also noticed is that sometimes halfways into the game my precision drops terribly and its not me its what Fluke is pointing out, that shots that would normally hit miss.

For these reasons I sometimes joke that the Admins are messing with our precision so that we are not too Unstoppable or become too good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eliteverga View Post
    For these reasons I sometimes joke that the Admins are messing with our precision so that we are not too Unstoppable or become too good!!!
    Sounds like you and sumbich would get along great with each other.

oh,... snap!

Thread Information