User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluke

Fluke

Harrassed me with a ban threat out of the blue. I had to think for a while until I understood how he conveniently came up with a reason: I had changed my nickname to "The-N-Word". Obviously he shortsightedly decided I was referring to a slang word for "a black person".

I then quickly asked how to change the nickname because I wanted to continue to play. I could care less for my nickname. (In this case, while typing this, it's different because Fluke is wrongfully suspecting me of being a racist.) I had asked on the forums earlier and I repeated the steps needed, but alas it didn't work. Other players confirmed that.

Fluke was suspicious and thought I was trying to be a "smart ass" which I was not. I tried to resolve the issue via PM ingame. No dice. He threatened me with a 6 month ban if I didn't change my nickname at once.

A few thoughts on this sad behaviour:

1. How on earth can you, Fluke, make an assumption based on the variable "N"? I ask myself why YOUR first association is the word that I shall not speak. It was certainly not mine. I'm of a pretty dark colour myself since I'm half-italian and I call at least 5 black people my close friends.

2. If you accuse me of being a racist and trying to send a racist message by using said nickname - why only a 6 month ban? It's totally illogical. Or do you want to see if I've "changed" in 6 months? Seriously, I'm not a racist, I embrace variety.

3. I won't discuss this with you Fluke. I changed my nickname (hopefully it sticks if I reconnect) because I enjoy playing Siege not because I think you are right with your premature assumption. Also, your choice of words leads me to believe that "talking over the issue" with you is a waste of time.

I certainly won't play on the servers when you are around. I come from Germany and have been assaulted physically by neo-nazis twice already. Why? Because I have a darker skin colour. Ring a bell? Idiot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot - 05142014 - 02:15:53 AM.jpg   Screenshot - 05142014 - 02:17:03 AM.jpg  

man are you for real?

Idk if Flukes knows that people can't change their name when they join the server until the map is over. If he did know he should have just changed his name via nexgen to w.e name the player wanted.

@DontWorryBeHappy Us your brain, everyone knows that phrase refers to N*****. Just like 'The F Word' refers to Fuck. Shit even grade ones know about this crap.

Not sure if everyone knows about it (the word), anglosaxon cultures differ plenty from others (latinamericans, asians, etc) in certain aspects, though for good measure its better to avoid it, I'd give the benefit of the doubt because its rather hard to make all this stuff up.

Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWing View Post
    Us your brain
    /thread

6 month is very strong ban at this ˇThe-N-Wordˇ name, this is not so provocative racist, and he try change that name

btw that name remind me a South Park episode wow

Nipples?

Fluke was saying that you can change your name during the game, maybe he missed out on the thread that name change has been DISABLED.

Awhile Ooper was showing how to bypass it but he also mention the anti-name change on the instagib won't work to bypass it. Anyway, the guy didn't stay in log enough to catch the tip on how to change the name... but I did tell him that he can change the name when the map end, disconnect, change name, then reconnect onto a new match.

If you need demo, I got it.

But banning someone using that kind of name for 6 months is not a good choice and judgement. The N word can be anything. Nest, Nuke, No, etc. lol.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 05-14-2014 at 12:15 AM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

1. Yes I have been absent for a while and did not know it was disabled.

2. check the recent threads I have posted in and see the warning I gave a player who had been warned 5 times, unfortunately as you share the same flag and came in with that name, the natural assumption is you were him, hence the 6 month ban threat and the thought you were pushing it by claiming you didnt know how to change your name keeping in mind I was not aware name change had been disabled, The first time is never long after a warning is ignored, 10 matches is my first, then 20, then 50, then a month and then 6 months, after this it becomes a perma ban, this is mistaken identity on my part believing you were someone else and for that I apologise for the 6 month threat but all of the rest stands as you see it in the images, you still did wrong and you know it as silverwing has pointed out.

if you push me I will push back harder and I do not care who finds it "offensive" and neither do I care who whines after. If you don't act like a complete dick head then you wont have me bothering you, it is that basic and simple. most admin will not warn like I do, they will just throat punch you for not acknowledging the warning fast enough or when the person warned tries to be a smart ass, just like I thought you were being when you claimed you couldn't change your name.

Also leaving out my first warning completely makes the second warning misconstrued, you were warned and told to change your name, there was no ban threat the first time and that should be posted as well if you are going to try and burn me on the forum (no one will ever achieve that because no one here is important enough for me to care what your opinions are of me or my actions), then it seemed you were being a smart ass, that's when you got the 6 month ultimatum, keep in mind you were being mistaken for another racist piece of shit using the same flag as you who is on their last warning, hence 6 month threat.

I like how some replies get both sides before jumping to conclusions. nothing ever changes.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 05-14-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    Harrassed me with a ban threat out of the blue. I had to think for a while until I understood how he conveniently came up with a reason: I had changed my nickname to "The-N-Word". Obviously he shortsightedly decided I was referring to a slang word for "a black person".
    It's not like it's an euphemism for nigger, uh.
    You remind me of those smartasses who think they are clever by replacing swear words with jew and accuse those who see offence in it as anti-Semites.

Thread Information