User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Tired of removing without warning

During the last weeks I've got a record on SC removal. I mean, I even got two SC removed without warning nor explanation in a single game. During that game, there was another player complaining about his SC been removed. Well, this has to come to an end. And I am not talking about removing a building by mistake. That happens sometimes and the player realizes what happened, says he's sorry, everything's fine. These are "I don't like that building" cases. Today, I took an screenshot because [R]^EnzO*! is not a newbie.

Here you see, he removed my Shield.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remove1.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	1116

An he didn't answered to my inquiry:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remove2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	1117
    Last edited by _Leo_; 02-27-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Some people, like Retards, just remove because they don't like it, which is wrong IMO. It's not their call to remove it.

Maybe if certain builds (Containers, SuperProtectors, Mines, SuperBoosters, Boosters) were MOVEABLE, then some of these issues could be resolved more democratically. Perhaps remove the option for others to remove your builds and add the option to move your builds.

I don't think it's necessary to add a 'move' feature. This is about UT etiquette which is routinely violated by various regulars on public. For instance, the player 'uriel' tends to sit in supplier way too long even though he's not new, so boosting him out after a set period is OK IMO. The player '3xpand3r' has gotten even bigger ego issues of late and boosts people out of the supplier on a fairly regular basis, having already gotten a warning from severed on it.

At other times some noob whose name is not recognized makes a leech or bad build and it is normal for any experienced sieger to remove it on the fly, so there can be gray areas. I was on Enzo's team when he removed and did not have an issue with the removal, moreso with the conduct in doing so since he didn't mention the mistake with the bldg or respond when Leo asked why he removed. To me it's not about 'asking' if a building should be removed, more about doing it in a polite manner. Many noobs don't understand that their buildings are actually what I would call a form of teamkilling since their buildings are leech or tactically incorrect. Noobs shouldn't have a sense of entitlement about their builds, but do deserve an explanation so they can improve. If they go against that, it is on them and not really in the interests of improving server game play to cater to that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    Some people, like Retards,
    ha ha ha

Of course this is a very controversial issue. On one hand we have the "newbie removal" (we all have been there), and in the other hand we have the "I give a sh...t removal". Let alone mistakes. And this could be applied to all the rules in the game. Leeches are more subtle, IMO.

The idea of the MOVABLE building have two sides. It could be a solution sometimes, but the, if someone moves your building and puts it in a very wrong place... I don't know. Maybe that MOVE command could be programmed for be available only when the building blocks a door. I think there is no democratic or antidemocratic commands in the game, but democratic or antidemocratic players.

What I think is right, is:

If someone removes my SC by mistake, then tell me or the team about it so we can solve it together.
    If I placed an SC in a "leech manner" or blocking something, then tell me he is going to remove it (I don't even think he should wait for me).
    If someone removes my SC without warning me, then at least answer me when I ask about it.
    If a new player has made a big mistake which needs urgent solution, I will warn her/him and most probably I'll start correcting the situation before him arrives.

I think it's about manners. And just like K_Soze said, some players like 3xpand3r and others arrive the supplier shooting the enforcer. As if it were "their" supplier. So you have been waiting your turn there, you get your ammo being recharged and you get busted out of the supplier.
    I'm YPF

I don't get why someone would remove a shield. At least a leech hurts the team; a shield gives out no RU when hit and can't hurt the defending team.

On an unrelated note, I remember a game where I went round trying to repair everyone. To my horror I realised my constructor was actually on 'remove', and that I'd taken down other people's builds. Thankfully I had the RU to replace them

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    I don't get why someone would remove a shield.
    Well, the Shield is a building which has a lot of chances of getting removed by mistake. Letting that alone, I've seen people removing Shields without warning because they were leech. Honestly, I have lost the count on what is a leech or is not. For example, I placed several times the shield in the CivilWar map. Protecting the right corner were the super supplier and the super booster are usually placed. And I think I remember it got removed a couple of times from there. Is it a leech, or there is people out there who don like the shield there?
    I'm YPF

The minishield is a leech, but less than, say, a cont. Meaning it gives out less RU for each projectile that hits it. Some coder could tell you exactly how much.

YPF, I noticed your multiple minishields on Minicivil a few days back. I think it is standard to place the minishield very near the SB so it disallows projectiles to come in and 'headshot' the SB. Headshotting buildings, or hitting them at the top, give extra RU just like sniping or rippering someone in the head will kill them much faster, depending on their health level and armor. This is one of those little secrets that doesn't get shared much on forums like this, I am guessing. But it is an important part of gathering RU in siege and killing buildings quickly.

Also, if you have extra minishields near the SS/SH location there on Minicivil, when someone shoots rockets, say, and hits them it will splash onto those charging up in the supplier. Or if someone is coming out of supplier going back to use the SB, it will splash onto them. So extra buildings like that complicate things when they don't need to be. Also, when the enemy will inevitably nuke the SB, the minishields will give out extra ru for the nuker. The location of your minishields would probably have given out extra RU for the nuker if they nuked the SC (nuking the core) as well. Hope this helps.

Minishield gives 50% the ru compared to a normal level 5 container.
    So does the ForceField.

The least leechable build is a low level forcefield (3 should suffice) with 35-40% the normal ru.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information