Questionable Tactics.... [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Tactics....

Pages : [1] 2

.seVered.][
04-18-2012, 03:27 AM
This thread is to post Screen Shot's of build's that you want an opinion on.

For example: CHIMP on Clarion [SwS]

And for Builds that you think are Good:

Feralidragon
04-18-2012, 06:10 AM
So, what's the problem exactly?
Mini-shields protect from shots, and they don't give out any ru, unlike that blue setup in your last screenshot.

I also spammed minishields in the proper locations in the past, and that saved my team's ass more than once (specially, but not limited to: nukes).

I worry mostly when people spam containers everywhere, those yes, are a problem.

audiosonic
04-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Heh Ferali I remember you didn't know what the containers were actually doing a few months ago (or why buildings didn't repair themselves).

Those mini shields inside the core have no function at all if the super container is infront of it and do give out RU. It is only leech to nukes (nuke explosions go through everything no matter how much shit you build infront of it) which can drag a team down pretty rapidly if you keep getting 3000+ ru for one nuke. Mini shields are only effective if you make them far enough from your containers and protectors, not giving out ru that easily.

Feralidragon
04-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Heh Ferali I remember you didn't know what the containers were actually doing a few months ago (or why buildings didn't repair themselves).
And what exactly is that supposed to mean?
True, but that was one small detail almost no one realizes by themselves unless you're told about or read about it somewhere due to the heat of the whole match, so I have a pretty good excuse for that.
I played siege for a long time, but I always assumed they always regenerated and the sole purpose of the container was just to have more RU capacity and as a resort to block ways, until I asked here and I was answered it repaired as well, end of story.
Back then I didn't even have the siege source code so I couldn't possibly know through that either.

That however doesn't make my opinion on the subject more or less valuable than any other in this forum, so that kind of statements are completely unnecessary and are a tad elitists, furthermore:

Those mini shields inside the core have no function at all if the super container is infront of it and do give out RU. It is only leech to nukes (nuke explosions go through everything no matter how much shit you build infront of it) which can drag a team down pretty rapidly if you keep getting 3000+ ru for one nuke. Mini shields are only effective if you make them far enough from your containers and protectors, not giving out ru that easily.
I agree some minishields have no purpose under certain situations (a shield "merged" with a container is useless), however you don't have to build containers far from the shields, and shields do not give enough RU to build a nuke, far from that.

I also know nukes go through all the objects (I'm a modder after all, this is the way the whole damage system in the engine works, this is basic knowledge), but it doesn't mean you have to build them "far" away: a warhead can explode 1 inch from another building and not damaging it actually. How?
Here's how nukes and splash damage truly works: when a nuke or a rocket or whatever explodes, to know if something is behind a wall or not it just uses the central location of the origin and the object to damage as reference.
So as long the center of an object is behind a wall in a angle good enough to never getting damaged by the closest possible location of a nuke explosion, the buildings are safe and there's no leech, regardless of their collision hull.

Taking this into account, I built a lot of minishields in the past, with quite some containers around, but always in places where the nuke couldn't hit ever as long the minishields survived. And fact is, the opponents had a hard time to build nukes to pass through it.

Also, building a shield in front of a super container is what is "correct", so the shield can receive most damage, while the super container receives less or none at all depending on the weapon, and which can then repair the shield (this tactic was very used in Clarion and Blackriver, and it worked very well), however placing a super container in front of a shield is not totally incorrect either:
in this specific case, whenever the nuke hits the super container, only the following buildings are affected:
- that super container, the 3 shields behind it and the core. You do get a lot of points from the core and some from the super container, but the shields are totally harmless and don't give almost anything.
The other 2 containers in that shot, and the tele will remain with no damage at all, thus no leeching.

The super container can get heavy damage, but the shields will receive less damage or none at all (once again depending on the weapon), and in case the super container ends up being destroyed, the shields would keep there since the other containers are repairing it, preventing "regular" weapons to be able to attack the core effectively, a nuke would just get closer to hit and half of the times indeed damaging the other buildings (again, depending on the hit location).

As for the first shot: 4 shields around a super mine. Leech? LOL, of course not, they're useless and a waste of RU, but they won't harm your team, they're just annoying, that's all.

If I am wrong, please bring me hard evidence, those screenshots don't show anything in particular, and not long ago (and as a reply to your previous quite bold statement) people didn't know what bugs they were reporting either and it ended up being them making a few things up because they simply didn't understand it, and these people are the same that play siege for years.

EDIT: As for the shot with the shields around the mine, I didn't notice the core itself. That one I agree it's dumb and will just lead to problems, but it's still not "leech", it's just a plain stupid tatic.
The shield on the top of the core in the other one is simply useless, but brings no harm either.

audiosonic
04-18-2012, 08:05 AM
No shit that 1 inch can make a lot of difference, it's the difference between hitting a wall or an entrance.

In theory (after all that's how you seem to look at it as a coder) a mini shield in front of a super container might seem to 'help' your super container so it doesn't take all damage, however in practice most of the times you get shot with bio/rocket, that's right, weapons with splash damage, where you would normally get 4 ru for a bio shot you now get 8. And possibly more if you build some more stuff behind it that is touching.

But my code says it has to hit the center!
Please, don't waste my time and test whatever you are saying out first, or voice your opinion in a better way because this has nothing to do with the center of a building or not, it just needs to be in the line of fire and it will give you RU.

People call leech whenever they see a building in plain sight hittable from far distance, or a bunch of stuff built together in one (close ranged) area. As you can see a super mine surrounded with 4 minishields is considered a leech, why? Well first of all 1 shot will give you 20 RU +/- and it's hard to defend. Second of all it does hurt your team as the opponents can score quick RU which is bad. And finally your teammember is wasting 700x4 + his time on that shit. Now tell me again how is this not hurting your team?

Feralidragon
04-18-2012, 09:03 AM
I see how this is going to be... you're dead wrong in your assumptions.

First off you post shows how much you actually know about splash damage when you say that the 1 inch difference is between hitting a wall or an entrance, and I say to you: no, it isn't that way.
Even in the entrance, if you hit that super container directly, between the location/center of the explosion/splash (not the center of the building) and the location/center of any of those 2 containers, there's the wall blocking that straight line, thus they're never damaged, or better yet, only 1 of them can be damaged by each nuke at a time if it explodes in a really close difficult angle between the super container and the wall, where the center of one of the containers is visible.

The only way for a weapon to take the collision hull of a building into consideration for damage are in the following situations:
- the weapon is hitscan (makes a trace and hits a collision hull);
- the projectile actually "touches" it, not splash, and a projectile can only hit 1 possible building/player/whatever to explode.
Nukes are controlled constant growing splash damage, so they never really "touch" anything at all.

Splash damage alone never takes the collision hull as a factor to actual damage something.
Siege gives out RU on building damage (where every building has its own RU/damage ratio), so if you don't damage, you don't get RU, simple.

Here's a picture to clarify it:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ve5Gt-yQVQw/T466Cm6JyrI/AAAAAAAAAtI/UQ7dhIvlkL8/s1024/SplashDamageRU.png

As you can see, in the last one the building is still visible from the splash, but it's not damaged due to the conditions explained above.
And no, like you, I won't waste my time either proving this because it's this way it works since UEngine exists -> proven fact (ask any other developer in the game or knowledgeable player, or see the code yourself). I challenge anyone showing and proving me otherwise.

So yeah, that fact alone plays an important role on how the location of the buildings affect gameplay and leeches. Fact is, whenever I play, I make sure containers centers were the less visible I could from any incoming splash damage, if I could hide it completely, better yet as I would avoid direct hits.

As for the mine and shields screenshot, check my edit in my previous post (obviously you didn't notice it). However, I still don't consider that leech, 20RU? That's nothing relative the amount of time you stay there and the time it takes for you to make a strong enough shot to take that value.
All team members win that while just staying at the supplier while eating a snack.

audiosonic
04-18-2012, 09:21 AM
You're quoting out of context, I only said that if you build buildings on top of each other (like you said mini-shield in front of super container) will give more RU through splash damage. It's NOT HARMLESS as you say, and if you still don't understand why, or are just too y to admit then so be it I don't care dude, I just hope you're not on my team then =).

As for your picture, it's what I said in my earlier post, it (nuke explosion) just needs to be in the line of fire.

Feralidragon
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh brother.... no, I didn't quote you out of context. Reread your own post, your first and and third paragraphs.
You're pretty much calling me y when you wrote in your posts quite y sentences yourself while I am just trying to make a point... huh?

Anyway, back to the what the topic is about, I understand what you mean, but so far putting a super container behind and a shield on the front (very used in Blackriver to seal the base from the upper entrance) actually helps! I did that once or twice myself, but when as far as adding 2 shields on the front of the sc (2 shields outside, sc inside), and it took a really long while for the other team to blow it up, plus the only RU they would get was from 2 shields and 1 super container... not the whole set of buildings touching the super container near by, they were visible from the shockwaves, but not their center, hence my point.
And funny you say something there, and the fact that my team already won or at least stood out a lot longer thanks to these "tactics" of mine with minishields and others in the past. I even remember Chimp being the top scorer of the winning team, lmao, so yeah, his strategies totally suck, hein?

The RU you win depends on how much splash damage it gives, and the more distant from the splash center something is, the less damage it takes, so the RU you win is very variable and depends on a lot of factors. And as far as shields go, they never give enough to worry the entire team for another nuke like you're dramatizing for, and if they have buildings touching them, that doesn't necessarily mean they will give out RU as well since they may not get damaged (hence my point), they're buildings to be hit after all, unlike sc's nor regular ones which give a lot more RU.
You're worrying about "peanuts", after all, you said yourself: 20RU from a charged bio, good luck in reloading it in time to repeat it in a busy match and win significant RU with it (what a warhead costs? 1.300 min and 2.000 max?), if you don't, the splash will be way smaller and the player will die in seconds if the team is competent enough.
When I play I have to forcefully spam rockets and bio blobs against lots of minishields at a point, yet I never could win enough RU for anything valuable... how weird.

Again, I agree it's a waste of 700 each when placed wrongly, but as far as "waste" goes, he's a player with the right to play however he wants by the rules and to spend his RU in whatever he wants as long those do not break the rules, and not how players want since it gives a slight disadvantage, he's having fun after all, I would worry mostly about the noobs that do nothing at all nor spend RU anywhere and end up being killed over and over and over, or building containers randomly around the map or all near the core, THAT yes, gives a lot of RU with a nuke, so either you make a new rule or build a siege version properly with the right strategic limitations (the latter is better for obvious reasons), or you will have to live with it, he's not doing anything extremely wrong, just like the topic says they're just weird tactics of him.

As for team play influence, it may influence how the team plays a bit to the worse in the screenshot with 4 shields around the core, on another hand the core will get much less damage from most weapons, only specific weapons will provide a significant damage, but not much in the other screenshot (still easy to defend, to repair and most RU won will come from the core itself and sc, the shields are RU peanuts and the rest isn't even affected), and I still fail to see how that can be considered leech, but I guess our definitions of "leech" differ.

Personally I only consider something as "leech", when the other team can get a considerable amount of "free RU" from it in a quite short time, and as long as they cannot at any given moment, it's not leech imo (they get more points by hitting a lonely container than shields, good luck in getting RU from those to build a warhead).

I think you (and others) are simply worrying too much with something and are trying to get a way to kick Chimp for a time since he makes weird strategies you just can't understand and which give both disadvantages and advantages (the gametype is a FPS-RTS after all, what do you expect from different people?), and which won't contribute much negatively (hence being harmless), as for you it's just "wrong" and not just another way to play the game.

EDIT: Furthermore, you launch a nuke to the best location in the Clarion screenshot and another in the blue one. The enemy will get much more RU from the blue one (the one you consider good) than the Clarion one.
Perhaps around the same RU (more or less) between blue and the one with 4 shields and a mine near core.

|uK|chiseller
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Again, I agree it's a waste of 700 each when placed wrongly, but as far as "waste" goes, he's a player with the right to play however he wants by the rules and to spend his RU in whatever he wants as long those do not break the rules, and not how players want since it gives a slight disadvantage, he's having fun after all, I would worry mostly about the noobs that do nothing at all nor spend RU anywhere and end up being killed over and over and over, or building containers randomly around the map or all near the core, THAT yes, gives a lot of RU with a nuke, so either you make a new rule or build a siege version properly with the right strategic limitations (the latter is better for obvious reasons), or you will have to live with it, he's not doing anything extremely wrong, just like the topic says they're just weird tactics of him.
This.

Rest: tl;dr

audiosonic
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Actually CHIMP thought me how to play so i would never like to see him get kicked, I'm just talking about the ideal situation here, how to build properly.

I know it's a public game, and that's why I don't take public games that serious, after all it's just for enjoyment. But I'd like to see public games get to a higher skill level tbh, would make for more competitive games (and more fun).

BTW with that 20 RU I mean 1 single bio shot, just 1 ammo, 3 of those equal more than a kill...

SilverWing
04-18-2012, 12:44 PM
WTF... i am not even going to read that!!!!

.seVered.][
04-18-2012, 02:03 PM
So, what's the problem exactly?
Mini-shields protect from shots, and they don't give out any ru, unlike that blue setup in your last screenshot.

I also spammed minishields in the proper locations in the past, and that saved my team's ass more than once (specially, but not limited to: nukes).

I worry mostly when people spam containers everywhere, those yes, are a problem.

Lest you miss the humor of the Irony of the post? Neither is a "good" build.. but the Blue one is an intereresting tactic.

Feralidragon
04-18-2012, 02:14 PM
^ Well, ok, lol
But truth to be told there's no "good" build in siege, all of them are spots to exploit and break apart, that's what makes the game truly interesting as in the same maps, the tactics have to change as months pass.

Actually CHIMP thought me how to play so i would never like to see him get kicked, I'm just talking about the ideal situation here, how to build properly.
That's cool. :) But generally speaking the actual existence of this topic makes it look like that.
Apologies for misjudging you in that sense.

BTW with that 20 RU I mean 1 single bio shot, just 1 ammo, 3 of those equal more than a kill...
Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. I mean, if they were at the same place upped to 5.0, that sounds believable, but the way they are generally spread (like in the screenshots provided), getting that amount of RU from 3 or 4 shields using the bio most simple and weak firemode is really really hard to believe (40 base splash => 40*1.5/30 => 2 RU each, and only for direct hit, which cannot happen in the 4 at the same time, splash is less, it should never reach 2 anyway)... so either you're right and something else in the server is influencing this value, or one of us is making the wrong calculations.
Today I will try to go to the server to check that out by myself.

But resume of the story, for the ones who won't read the entire topic (totally understandable lol):
- audiosonic think 3 or 4 shields in the same place are always bad because of leech (mostly), because of biorifle, rockets and nukes;
- personally I don't think that way and there are buildings to worry about more, shields are RU peanuts imo and only affect gameplay a bit on just one of the screenshots.

.seVered.][
04-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Thank you for that insight. SO, in conclusion not much harm, just more RU from Nuke.. and a waste of RU to put there in the first place. Got it.

SAM
04-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Guys, there is no correct base to build just like there isn't a "correct answer" and that is what makes siege so interesting. Different tactics and builds counter different game plays and scenarios. A base built today might not necessarily work tomorrow.....build as you please just dont make blatant leech ie containers on top of each other :D

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-18-2012, 05:38 PM
a wise guy once said "watch blaze"

HES STILL RIGHT!

|uK|Grimreaper
04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
holy fucking shit this is to long to read JAJAJAJA

Moskva
04-18-2012, 07:10 PM
a wise guy once said "watch blaze"

HES STILL RIGHT!

We all know you cant build for shit, thats why you shoot_da_gunz

.seVered.][
04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
holy fucking shit this is to long to read JAJAJAJA

To many syllables? Try ONE word at a TIME.

Moko
04-18-2012, 11:42 PM
We all know you cant build for anything, thats why you shoot_da_gunz

Since when can Blaze not build? :S

|uK|Grimreaper
04-19-2012, 10:02 AM
[;26761']To many syllables? Try ONE word at a TIME.

hahahahah i hate reading long stories xD

|uK|kenneth
04-19-2012, 11:33 AM

rofl idd feralidragon is always making such a long stories damn..

TDNConvict
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
all three of those builds are terrible don't listen to chimp for anything its like getting financial advice from a crackhead

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
We all know you cant build for shit, thats why you shoot_da_gunz

because apes keep building base up instead of leaving some building to do for me

.seVered.][
04-19-2012, 03:11 PM
How about someone POST some SS's of builds too..

.seVered.][
04-19-2012, 03:17 PM

Imagine that... simple thing's amuse simple minds... :) LOL

jk..

TDNConvict
04-19-2012, 05:16 PM
i would post ss's severed but then all secrets will get copied even more then they already do

.seVered.][
04-19-2012, 07:04 PM
i would post ss's severed but then all secrets will get copied even more then they already do

Not the GOOD builds... the FUNNY one's and the TERRIBLE one's :)

The CONTROVERSIAL builds... we want some DRAMA here...:)

.seVered.][
04-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Higor DOMINATING the match...do these look dark to you guys too?

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/HigorfortheWIN-2.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/HigorfortheWIN-3.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/HigorfortheWIN-1.jpg

Moskva
04-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Dominating against Mr. Nice, SUPERBAD and Rulo... DAYUM HES GOOD

OH AND I FORGOT BEEPBEEP WHATAHERO

Keith
04-22-2012, 08:29 PM
I want an autograph he's so good

.seVered.][
04-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Dominating against Mr. Nice, SUPERBAD and Rulo... DAYUM HES GOOD

OH AND I FORGOT BEEPBEEP WHATAHERO

It's mostly the score and ALL the "pro" players had already RAGE QUITE...

your just jealous cuz you were there to STOP HIM from Quadruple Nuetron'ing.

.seVered.][
04-22-2012, 11:26 PM
BlueVember
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/BlueVember.jpg

BathroomsUlimate out in the HALL
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/BathroomsUltimate.jpg

Feralidragon
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
^ At last screenshot: funny that I came up with a similar tactic myself a long time ago, however I never made it in the hall, always made it near the bathtub instead lol, and I put the shields way in front of the containers (far enough so the splash doesn't damage the containers and they stay protected, so no leeching, but close enough for the containers to repair it).

Nice to see it used by someone in a better way. :D

Moskva
04-23-2012, 12:38 PM
[;26984']It's mostly the score and ALL the "pro" players had already RAGE QUITE...

your just jealous cuz you were there to STOP HIM from Quadruple Nuetron'ing.

Jealous? ROFL
Tell him to polish my shoes once he has over 400 pugs and leaded a team to semis in MLSG
Till then he can keep owning BeepBeep

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
you're all noobs

kthanksbye!

.seVered.][
04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Another Neff Masterpiece.. not bad actually. made it easier to nuke and kept other team out of the base. 2 points for the distraction. 0 for the LOSS.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Firepot.jpg

.seVered.][
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM
This one I actually like.. forget who made it though...clearly a leech game.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/BlueVember-1.jpg

.seVered.][
04-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Now this is how you keep the enemy busy and out of your base...

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/KeepTheEnemyBusy.jpg

Shiro
04-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Why dont Ban CHIMP for Ever ... is more easy than watch his f**cking leech ruining the server...Easyway guys ;)

.seVered.][
04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
^SK8;27397']Why dont Ban CHIMP for Ever ... is more easy than watch his f**cking leech ruining the server...Easyway guys ;)

Now, now... everyone deserves a chance to grow and learn... even if it takes a lifetime.

what makes you think this was chimp anyway...

.seVered.][
05-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Up for Auction tonight is a piece from one of our favorite artists, CHIMP... We'll start the bidding at $1 US...

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0000.jpg

Moskva
05-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I think you should pay the customers to sell that shit |_0|_

.seVered.][
05-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I think you should pay the customers to sell that shit |_0|_

This aint U'Bay buddy, besides; This is War! A bidding War that is. You bid on Item's based on how good they worked in the game or how much you like it. Top bid winners MIGHT earn a slot on the currently BARE ASS UGLY WALLS of the next TOP BATHROOMS MAP.

Submit your screen shot's for your chance at the title. Who will be, the Next Top Screen Shot.

.seVered.][
05-14-2012, 04:33 PM
What about this tactic in the new Bedrooms. Blocking a passage with a Super Protector?

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0019.jpg

|uK|kenneth
05-14-2012, 04:37 PM
lol
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9730/shot0002d.png

.seVered.][
05-14-2012, 04:42 PM
This one should have been posted in the BANS section... bad bad bad

lol
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9730/shot0002d.png

|uK|kenneth
05-14-2012, 04:55 PM
yeah i took this ss and never posted it lol
i think this was 3 months ago but i ddint post it for some reason hmm.:confused:

.seVered.][
05-14-2012, 06:20 PM
yeah i took this ss and never posted it lol
i think this was 3 months ago but i ddint post it for some reason hmm.:confused:

Ya ripper's come along way too, I remember banning him for team removing for 250 match's a couple of times... he just kept coming back... Now he's much more stable but still working on his defense tactic's...clealy.

.seVered.][
05-20-2012, 12:12 AM
This one was a good match, with multiple attempt's at locking them down.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0023.jpg

|uK|Grimreaper
05-20-2012, 04:50 PM
last one is just rape!

.seVered.][
05-24-2012, 03:42 PM
LOL Look at those damn score's LOL PWNED

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0032a.jpg

|uK|kenneth
05-24-2012, 03:54 PM
ofc al because of CHIMP

you don't know what pwnage is, because this is not pwnage.

.seVered.][
05-24-2012, 04:10 PM
ofc al because of CHIMP

you don't know what pwnage is, because this is not pwnage.

LOL, I know... it was just our passing RU back and forth for Scoring points, Blue was quite weak that day, so we just passed RU.. when we did actually start attacking... it was OVER in less than a minute.

|uK|kenneth
05-25-2012, 10:51 AM
[;29207']LOL, I know... it was just our passing RU back and forth for Scoring points, Blue was quite weak that day, so we just passed RU.. when we did actually start attacking... it was OVER in less than a minute.

lol seriously your an :ape:

|uK|Grimreaper
05-27-2012, 11:16 PM
what gay resolution u have

Higor
05-28-2012, 03:46 AM
LULZ

.seVered.][
05-28-2012, 04:01 AM
what gay resolution u have

[']It's an edited screen shot, the image had to be adjusted, it was dark.
it's not my rez... 1600x1280 52" PLASMA Baby, 7.1 ThunderBay Surround !!!!

DIG IT Baby !!!

OH YEAH !!!!

DOH !!!

audiosonic
05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Higor do you also play with your mouse in the center?

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Higor do you also play with your mouse in the center?

LMFAO

.seVered.][
05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0023-1.jpg

Of course they were already locked in and trapped in the core anyway.... couldn't get get out.

|uK|kenneth
05-28-2012, 09:57 PM
[;29473']http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0023-1.jpg

Of course they were already locked in and trapped in the core anyway.... couldn't get get out.

ahahahah thats my tele and my platform xD:encouragement:

|uK|Grimreaper
05-28-2012, 10:26 PM
nice rezzzz
higor why dont u have ur weapons hidden its better :X

and ye that niven game was EPIC!!

|uK|kenneth
05-29-2012, 07:30 AM
nice rezzzz
higor why dont u have ur weapons hidden its better :X

and ye that niven game was EPIC!!

at one point everyone was ripper spamming xD thahaha id was an epic game

Higor
06-01-2012, 04:08 AM
at one point everyone was ripper spamming xD thahaha id was an epic game

I joined the ripper fest, for a minute lol.
I then went back maintaining that death trap I set up a few steps away from the gate.

|uK|kenneth
06-01-2012, 08:13 AM
hahaha xD

Higor
06-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Save 2700 ru.
Build nuke, wait for it to finish.
Build Super Jetpack and grab it.

Grab nuke, fly and fire.
Return and build nuke, wait.
[Repeat until you return with 2600 ru]

Build 2 nukes, grab one.

Fly to enemy base and nuke.
Return, build nuke, grab the other.
[Repeat]

???????

PROFIT!!
(somewhere before timing out)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0043.jpg
(returned and finished the game)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0014.jpg

METAL
06-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I was watching from spec, I was ridiculous this game, it was impossible to kill him because he was flying below the map.
infinite loop

.seVered.][
06-17-2012, 11:37 PM
I was watching from spec, I was ridiculous this game, it was impossible to kill him because he was flying below the map.
infinite loop

LOL, not quite. I wasn't even there, but I know. LOL yes, yes yes... good times... :)

Higor
06-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Well, un_serperfecto made a super jetpack around my 20th nuke and started chasing me below the map.
Got to kill me once, but luckily for me, I already had thousands of RU.

|uK|Grimreaper
06-18-2012, 04:22 AM
and funny thing about ur strategy is u make a tele with platorm at the lowest point of the map xD

METAL
06-18-2012, 12:55 PM
One thing is to do this on a map in which the opposing team has a chance to defend themselves, eg Bathrooms, jet flying, you can kill, but the Clarion Ultimate flying low, it's dirty.

.seVered.][
06-18-2012, 07:11 PM
One thing is to do this on a map in which the opposing team has a chance to defend themselves, eg Bathrooms, jet flying, you can kill, but the Clarion Ultimate flying low, it's dirty.

I disagree... A map is a MAP. Tactic's apply to each particular map. Use the available space and resources to accomplish the objective.

:comment<?type=opposing>

Moko
06-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Santo Santo Allelujah... Preytel has public become? Lol.
I was playing this weekend and, they built like 3 conts and a platform in front of the core in one of the vember maps.... LOL?!
Holy Lord, thank God Novak and Barbie are good players, we won. lol

Higor
06-20-2012, 04:38 PM
I keep perfecting the tactic, now with twice the nuking rate.

Takes a while to setup but once it's set in motion, you can end a game in 10 minutes.

METAL
06-20-2012, 04:40 PM
This time I recorded (only a few minutes), I uploaded, because I have no program to convert and post on youtube.

http://www.4shared.com/file/WOLvRhDK/higor.html

Higor.dem

.seVered.][
06-20-2012, 05:41 PM
This time I recorded (only a few minutes), I uploaded, because I have no program to convert and post on youtube.

http://www.4shared.com/file/WOLvRhDK/higor.html

Higor.dem

Can't download without logging in or registering. Change your 4shared status of that page to public or create one...

Also, what are you trying to accomplish here. It's not like we don't know the tactic... and it's not like it's bannable.

Are you just trying to show us... well ...keep trying .

METAL
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Just trying to hear opinions on this type of tactic, not wanting to ban, because what he is doing is not against the rules, then there is no reason for me wanting to report for something that is not in the rules.

.seVered.][
06-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Just trying to hear opinions on this type of tactic, not wanting to ban, because what he is doing is not against the rules, then there is no reason for me wanting to report for something that is not in the rules.

Oh I know that your not trying to do that (ban forum is over there). Reason i'm asking is, do you have HOTMAIL? or windows live? it's easy have file's available for download with the SkyDrive folders. Like mine for example.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=fb616dd5130ac6cc&resid=FB616DD5130AC6CC!484&parid=root;

anyone with a hotmail or live account can create a skydrive folder.

METAL
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fb616dd5130ac6cc&resid=FB616DD5130AC6CC!484&id=FB616DD5130AC6CC%21484#cid=894CAD7DFD0381DA&id=894CAD7DFD0381DA%21313

.seVered.][
06-20-2012, 08:12 PM
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fb616dd5130ac6cc&resid=FB616DD5130AC6CC!484&id=FB616DD5130AC6CC%21484#cid=894CAD7DFD0381DA&id=894CAD7DFD0381DA%21313

Nice, your making progress... But i couldn't watch the demo ? no image? don't know why .

.seVered.][
06-20-2012, 11:00 PM

Also, right now, microsoft is offering free upgrade to 25 gig of free storage space (while they last). So claim your's now. on your skydrive page on the left side column, click MANAGE STORAGE and then click upgrade to 25 GIG...

or this:
https://skydrive.live.com/ManageStorage

|uK|Grimreaper
06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
just make a youtube link ape

.seVered.][
06-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Look out BELOW! http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0066.jpg

|uK|kenneth
06-27-2012, 04:08 AM
? what do you wanna show?

.seVered.][
06-27-2012, 04:18 AM
? what do you wanna show?

Location, Location, Location...

|uK|kenneth
06-27-2012, 04:42 AM
its a secret (you can only get it with admin power again... fly and ghost)

.seVered.][
06-27-2012, 03:59 PM
its a secret (you can only get it with admin power again... fly and ghost)

BUZZZZZZ... wrong answer... Neither Higor, nor I have admin rights at the uK Servers.(at not least in this universe). Try, Try again.

I'll leave it up to Higor to Post if he deem's it acceptable for public consumption.

Moskva
06-27-2012, 08:11 PM
[;31699']BUZZZZZZ... wrong answer... Neither Higor, nor I have admin rights at the uK Servers.(at not least in this universe). Try, Try again.

I'll leave it up to Higor to Post if he deem's it acceptable for public consumption.

Like that orbital secret would help that much, too much emphasis on the details like "nuking tactics" or elses, but whats the point if you're able to acomplish it in the public server only

.seVered.][
06-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Like that orbital secret would help that much, too much emphasis on the details like "nuking tactics" or elses, but whats the point if you're able to acomplish it in the public server only

Who said it was only achievable on the public server? and it's just 1 more nuke room for Orbital.

Moskva
06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
[;31720']Who said it was only achievable on the public server? and it's just 1 more nuke room for Orbital.

I doubt someone would make it in a "competitive" match

.seVered.][
07-22-2012, 12:26 AM
This is MY kinda Black River, Bring back the Shrinker... !!!!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0026.jpg

|uK|kenneth
07-22-2012, 06:03 AM
+1 Bring back the Shrinker!!!!

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-22-2012, 10:51 AM
as if

.seVered.][
07-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Is this Camping?http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0004-2.jpg

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-26-2012, 04:23 PM
clearly in his own base above the showerhead waiting to shoot at players as there wouldnt be any ENEMY BUILDINGS in his base would there?

Scourge
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0069.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0066.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0065.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0063.png

Higor
08-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Omg lol.

BTW Scourge, no SShot of the over 9000 mines?

Scourge
08-02-2012, 08:33 PM
You actually upgraded yours, plus they weren't necessarily a total waste of RU. With all the RU that guy spent on making plain tele mines, he could have built an SM and at least one container.

Scourge
08-14-2012, 02:02 PM
MOAR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0074.png

And I think this one actually worked really well once a FF was built to fill in the gap:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0071.png

.seVered.][
08-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Amazing how we get a group of new guys playing regularly and the tactics start shifting (and team removing and BITCHING!). Then we see the evolution of building.

Tactic: BLOCKING or Barricade
Logic: They can't kill me if they can't get in.
Effect: No RU is gained for more builds and the enemy camps outside your builds leeching.

What other evolutionary tactic have you observed from the FreshMeat.

DeathTrap: ...(?)...

BaitandHook: ...(?)...

InThroughTheOutDoor: ...(?)...

.seVered.][
09-09-2012, 11:27 PM
The Basic set of Keybinds :)
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0065.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0067.jpg

MIDGET WITH A NUKE!
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0059.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0052.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0051.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0050.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0048.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0004.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Higor/Shot0047.jpg

|uK|Grimreaper
09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
try midget with minigun looks like a midget with a huge d*ck

|uK|chiseller
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
That's what grim likes

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-10-2012, 11:07 AM
lol midget with a sniper rifle never gets old, reminds me of oldschool days when uk used to have regular siege matches against other clans

Deepack
09-10-2012, 11:16 AM
lol midget with a sniper rifle never gets old, reminds me of oldschool days when uk used to have regular siege matches against other clans

blaze, are you referring to yourself? hahah just jokin bro

.seVered.][
10-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Some noobs were putting supplier INSIDE the core, I had to "correct" them and show them proper etiquette. Overall match went very well.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0011.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0012.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0013.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0014.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0015.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0016.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0018.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0020.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0021.jpg

Neff
10-13-2012, 05:50 PM
My containers/sp/minisheild really slowed the damage our core was taking =p some nerd deleted or killed my SC =/

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Fluke/Shot0021.jpg

.seVered.][
10-13-2012, 08:34 PM
My containers/sp/minisheild really slowed the damage our core was taking =p some nerd deleted or killed my SC =/

Maybe it was TeleFragged? 2 super protectors prevent the tele in the SC.. but I have the log for this match, and I found no 'REMOVE' notice.

.seVered.][
10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Recent game on Orbital... Tense action and UBER Intense finish... Teams were even and FULL server...some just RAGE quit RIGHT AWAY!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Shot0001.jpg

Neff
10-22-2012, 04:09 AM
[;42146']Recent game on Orbital... Tense action and UBER Intense finish... Teams were even and FULL server...some just RAGE quit RIGHT AWAY!

Theres an i after the http://i<-1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Shot0001.jpg in your link making the picture not show

http://1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Shot0001.jpg

Muffin
10-22-2012, 05:58 AM

Not sure why this seemed like a good idea to him, lol.

SAM
10-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Maybe he's an oldschooler. Back in early days of siege. Containers would heal the core!

|uK|kenneth
10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Containers would heal the core!

really? wow.

SAM
10-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes really. You don't know the half of it :P

.seVered.][
10-22-2012, 11:04 PM

Not sure why this seemed like a good idea to him, lol.

It's NOT, make the core more RU when you shoot it. Advise to remove it 3 times and call me in the morning. ( which means remove it for him)

Muffin
10-22-2012, 11:47 PM
[;42259']It's NOT, make the core more RU when you shoot it. Advise to remove it 3 times and call me in the morning. ( which means remove it for him)

Lol, I did. He made like 3 times and I removed it each time. Then he removed some of my conts. It didn't get to me though. I think I just left, lol.

.seVered.][
10-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Theres an i after the http://i<-1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Shot0001.jpg in your link making the picture not show

I don't know what you mean.. the photo shows fine for me even in my quote. ???

Neff
10-23-2012, 01:52 AM
idk 0.0 now the picture I put dosen't work and yours does I think my home computers going crazy.

Scourge
10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0136.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0147.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0137.png

The third screenshot is obscured by MAL's ass, but it should be apparent that there was some excessive container building even with that ass in the way.

Building like this is worse than building standard container leeches in the middle of a legitimate game, as these sorts of leeches can't be fully removed. This sort of building endangers one's entire team. I'm starting to think that I need to write and upload a building guide. Hell, I might even narrate one and put it on YouTube.

.seVered.][
10-29-2012, 04:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0136.png

This is the worst kind of bad building choice a team has to deal with. The side effect is NUKE SPAM from people sneaking in behind the door and leeching CONTINUOUSLY or park in the spot your screen shot CLEARLY shows has a nice little sheltered camping spot to attack the SP/Container combo leech.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0147.png

This one I also saw recently in Chimplex, built by CHIMP too ironically. And it actually performed BETTER than the standard method of putting 2 SP's IN the Base entrance (which are leechable from outside the door and sometimes even with the door CLOSED). Chimps method actually survived multiple nukes/EMP assaults. I give this one a "Thumbs Up" +1!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0137.png

This one... well.. the containers will repair the container that is repairing those containers, of course.

Building like this is worse than building standard container leeches in the middle of a legitimate game, as these sorts of leeches can't be fully removed. This sort of building endangers one's entire team. I'm starting to think that I need to write and upload a building guide. Hell, I might even narrate one and put it on YouTube.

Actually, a Guide for Building in Siege would be dependent on Map type and number of players in a match. So it would be difficult. It's almost easier to just take on the role of 'mentor' while in spectate mode and TRY to start a conversation with a player and ask him why he builds like he does (I like the opening comment to really 'grab' them, "What the HELL are you DOING?). Which is borderline Spec Cheating/Clan Recruiting/Profiling for future team mates in MLSG Tournaments. All of which I agree can and should be done, in moderation of course.

Higor
10-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Which is why forcefields only deliver half the ru compared to other builds.
It's durable, big as hell and blocks translocator targets. Paired with a mine behind it it's an almost flawless defense.

.seVered.][
11-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Bridging the GAP, Leeching in the new RC is much different, but the Trolls under the Platform Bridge struck again.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/Shot0000.jpg

.seVered.][
11-06-2012, 06:11 PM
8 Nukes killed? All in one run?.... nice moves |uK|lotrFAN, but how ever did you do it.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/8Nukes.jpg

[45:22]

|uK|lotafun69
bye bye blue nukes

[45:14]

|uK|lotafun69
8 nukekills now

[44:56]

Higor
how?

[44:51]

|uK|lotafun69
took nuke room

[44:48]

|uK|lotafun69
l3l

[44:35]

Snipeforthekill
!s

[44:30]

.seVered.][²º¹³
rage quit

Scourge
11-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Just why.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0154.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0156-1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0158-1.png

And with regard to those other builds with the Super Containers, the reason I'm so strongly against them is mainly because of nukes - It's very, very easy to throw down an EMP and make a quick trans to the front or into the base to nuke and stock up on more than RU spent to make the entire attack, especially if a teammate nukes alongside you. The worst part is that the player who got their team into such a situation will likely rebuild in exactly the same way even if the nuke-leech dies.

.seVered.][
11-07-2012, 08:55 PM
The policy should be, "If it can be SHOT by the enemy from FAR AWAY, IT WILL!!" Might wanna bind that to key so they get the message. Like "Don't build something that can be SHOT FROM FAR AWAY!" or "More than 2 containers close together is a leech"

Higor
11-07-2012, 09:43 PM
ROFL, those leeches are my best RU sources.
I intentinally swap my target so that the leech doesn't die, and I keep leeching all the way up to double neutron.

PS: Mines are yummy leeches as well, it just takes a few seconds of your time to scope and scan your screen for those, killing them provides around 100 ru and saves the life of a teammate.

Scourge
11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
The funny thing is that I thought he'd gotten past this stage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0169.png

Asking to be front door nuked...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0161.png

ಠ_ಠ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0167.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/omniicyshelf/Shot0168.png

.seVered.][
11-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Someone has GOT to get CHIMP to register at our forum. He's a legend. I'm STILL wondering if he's a bot that I forgot to shut off on the server at Berkley, back in the 80's. Hmmm.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-16-2012, 01:04 PM
he tried adding me on facebook the other day :rolleyes:

Higor
11-20-2012, 11:51 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/CrossingStreams.jpg

.seVered.][
11-20-2012, 06:30 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/CrossingStreams.jpg

This is just AWESOME... did it work?

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-20-2012, 06:59 PM
[;44769']Someone has GOT to get CHIMP to register at our forum. He's a legend. I'm STILL wondering if he's a bot that I forgot to shut off on the server at Berkley, back in the 80's. Hmmm.

I laughed so fucking
HIAUSHIEH

.seVered.][
11-20-2012, 10:37 PM
I can just see what he's thinking too... "What in the HELL is that thing?"

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/whatisthat.jpg

.seVered.][
12-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Pretty funny demo of Grim nuking and no on noticed.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/124859421/Demos/BLIND-CTF-Clarion%5BSwS%5D-2012-12-03-15-31-05.dem

'Zac
12-10-2012, 08:49 PM
nukeroom on hydro maybe? or a good and useless tele?
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/Shot0130.png

terminator
12-10-2012, 09:09 PM
wow no one would ever spot that place.. like never ever :P

|uK|Anthrax
12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Just a rocket to kill all the nukes. Nice nuke room !

Higor
12-11-2012, 03:09 PM
On that same Hydro16 game...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0044.jpg

I literally controlled half the map with at least 6 SP's, 15 containers, 1 SB, 1 booster, 2 teles, 2 supermines and some other defensive structures.
Made a few ppl rage for not being able to get inside our base, got a little help from w0x and ION though.

It was fun because I was aliasing and got a few ban threats from unsuspecting acquaintances apart from the usual ragequitting.

.seVered.][
12-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Here is !Dead's ONLY skill. STANDING in the core waiting the ENTIRE 3 MINUTES for his nuke to spawn. AS USUAL. Get some SKILLZ DUDE.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/UK%20BanShots/Shot0009.jpg

Keith
12-12-2012, 06:47 AM
I was wondering how you get the timer to show up on your hud like that?

Moskva
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
He could wait 30 minutes for his nuke and he is still better than you severed

.seVered.][
12-13-2012, 02:26 AM
I was wondering how you get the timer to show up on your hud like that?

That's a custom feature of the Xconsole (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f68/xconsole-extended-system-console-3108/#post44461) currently in development but is only allowed on spectator mode.

--- Updated ---

He could wait 30 minutes for his nuke and he is still better than you severed

Right,.... sure he is...

'Zac
12-13-2012, 06:09 PM
lol this wasnt really a nuke room i found, lol i just made for the hell of it

terminator
12-13-2012, 07:26 PM
However man, this even makes you more of an Einstein!!!!
I'm proud of you ZACBOY!

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-14-2012, 12:49 PM
really bad

.seVered.][
12-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Lesson Learned?... Don't shoot a nuke into your own team mates MortarBomb.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/Shot0001-2_zps44fcb5ed.png

~~D4RR3N~~
12-19-2012, 09:50 PM
lol sev I saw that a few days ago, but with a rc

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-19-2012, 11:06 PM
[;47877']Lesson Learned?... Don't shoot a nuke into your own team mates MortarBomb.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/Shot0001-2_zps44fcb5ed.png
i get PUUUUTOOO when it happens with me... so many times i got my nukes taken donw by an ape of my team

nice try for block uchiha's nukes

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/highadrian/Shot0045-1_zps54ae50d5.jpg

.seVered.][
12-22-2012, 02:21 AM
The last 10 minutes of Simplex|R2 Nuke fest... and some sort of "admin abuse". Someone reset the time after it went to Overtime, log file is included.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/124859421/UnrealTournament/CTF-%27uK-Simplex%5D%5BRenovated%5Di%5BR2-2012-12-21-22-56-47.dem

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/124859421/UnrealTournament/zp_-%3D%5BSIEGE%5D%3D-_uK_One_Night_Stand_-%3D%5BSIEGE%5D%3D-_Server_In_Loving_Memory_of_uK_STARS_-CTF-%27uK-Simplex%5D%5BRenovated%5Di%5BR2-2012.12.21-22.13.18.log

Merciless
12-22-2012, 02:50 AM
[;48092']The last 10 minutes of Simplex|R2 Nuke fest... and some sort of "admin abuse". Someone reset the time after it went to Overtime, log file is included.

It was an unanimous vote to change maps so I dont see the problem here.

|uK|Rays
12-22-2012, 03:33 AM
I did it bud. Simplex aka Niven's sister map went into overtime because somebody defensive nuked their base and built like 20 mines in the last 2 minutes lol. Everyone on teamspeak was fixing to quit playing so instead of instantly changing the map I put 5 minutes onto the clock. I thought this gave both sides a shot to win it again and red sneezed on the core a little bit before the 5 minutes were up. Sadly it remained in overtime even after those 5 minutes were up so I ended the map. We were on ts joking about admin abuse at the time.

Moskva
12-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Ricky Rubio with a lucky break picking the rubber suit, making invis and goin' in to the enemy core scoring a crucial 3 pointer that gave his team the win

terminator
12-22-2012, 06:57 AM
I did it bud. Simplex aka Niven's sister map went into overtime because somebody defensive nuked their base and built like 20 mines in the last 2 minutes lol. Everyone on teamspeak was fixing to quit playing so instead of instantly changing the map I put 5 minutes onto the clock. I thought this gave both sides a shot to win it again and red sneezed on the core a little bit before the 5 minutes were up. Sadly it remained in overtime even after those 5 minutes were up so I ended the map. We were on ts joking about admin abuse at the time.
Saluting such admins! Keep up with the good work considering such gay maps! :)

Higor
12-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Built 15 nukes on that Simplex game and the balancer switched me :(
I simply ragequitted.

Shotman
12-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Ricky Rubio with a lucky break picking the rubber suit, making invis and goin' in to the enemy core scoring a crucial 3 pointer that gave his team the win

LOL, i saw you too while other people didn't. And what was more funny is sogeking made a mine next to you to kill you.

@Rays that was me making mines i had like 2k-3k RU so i said fuck it im making mines so made like 20-30 mines all level 0.

Also what were you guys laughing at? What did CHIMP do? Also why did he say "LETS GO" i thought he had a nuke.

|uK|Grimreaper
12-22-2012, 05:03 PM
chimp had flame but he gave it to sw and moskva was flaming also he said lets go for that to "cover" them lolz

Disturbed//*.
12-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Well, i thought i would try something new on Simplex, a new tactic.

Instead of making SS and SHP and all that good stuff, on the same side everytime.
Well i decided to make it on the other side.
Why? : It seems to work better. You can still get spammed, Walk through door, spamm bio left, then walk all the way to core. Its harder for them to get to core. Since it is longer. Also, In the begging the old way, they could go through, the SuperMine Tele(No Supermine-Start of map) Then they could just spamm bio, then head to core. This new way. Its a little harder.

Picture kinda sucks, but you get my point.
Had to build the thing by my self, since no one knew what i was doing. BUt it works.
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0001_zpsd1c4b84a.png

Higor
12-22-2012, 11:47 PM
^^ I'd post a pic of my Super Mine placement on this map, but I don't want everyone to kill it lol...
I get at least 25 mine kills per session when done correctly.

Disturbed//*.
12-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Here is another "new" tactic i tried on BlackRiver.
We lost the game(Not cause of my new placement of stuff, Just stacked team honestly)

So you place the SS and SHP and all that good stuff in the Box Under the core. That little area
You block off the "Windows" will mini shields, Then block off main Door with a Mini and a Super Mine.
This didnt really get tested, cause of stacked teams. Ended really quick, will have to try more.
Screen Shots:
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0002-2_zps6f2d2dd6.png
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0003-1_zpsce68e579.png

.seVered.][
12-23-2012, 03:03 AM
...and red sneezed on the core a little bit before the 5 minutes were up. Sadly it remained in overtime even after those 5 minutes were up so I ended the map. We were on ts joking about admin abuse at the time.

I really didn't want to report the "abuse" part. mostly cuz I completely agreed with and LIKED the approach to the overtime problem. But 10 minutes might have worked better... and maybe we should change the overtime policy to a sudden death version instead. I just wanted to post a demo of the xNukers... that demo was made "hands free" and is an example of how you can follow the action, say.... if you were an announcer in the MSLG Tournament. Plus there was so much going on in this map, I just wanted to capture some of the action. .Gotta add the Flame to the xNukers shortcut keys.

|uK|chiseller
12-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Might as well use the map vote mutator the next time and let the majority (not those with power) decide what they want to play. Send one map vote request if people don't react. Otherwise you are free to leave the game.

.seVered.][
12-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Might as well use the map vote mutator the next time and let the majority (not those with power) decide what they want to play. Send one map vote request if people don't react. Otherwise you are free to leave the game.

That's the "proper" way to do it, but I still think a sudden death should be implemented.

.seVered.][
12-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Epic Orbital Demo - DownLoad Link (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/124859421/UnrealTournament/Media/CTF-%27uK-Orbital%5D%5B-2012-12-27-00-13-15.dem)

Practice Demo - Anyone know how to convert a DEMO to an AVI?

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Xconsole/Shot0001_zps903d8195.png

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Xconsole/Shot0000-1_zps406a2e61.png

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-27-2012, 05:06 AM
[;48395']Epic Orbital Demo - DownLoad Link (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/124859421/UnrealTournament/CTF-%27uK-Orbital%5D%5B-2012-12-27-00-13-15.dem)

Practice Demo - Anyone know how to convert a DEMO to an AVI?

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Xconsole/Shot0001_zps903d8195.png

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Xconsole/Shot0000-1_zps406a2e61.png

why i cant see this "Nukers:" on my display? it's only for mod/adms? or cuz my game resolution is 800x600?

.seVered.][
12-27-2012, 04:31 PM
AdRiaN;48398']why i cant see this "Nukers:" on my display? it's only for mod/adms? or cuz my game resolution is 800x600?

It's a MOD that Dave is working on for the Xconsole, soon to be released... and yes it's for admin's and mod's right now, but would be nice if players wouldn't cheat. And also, YES it's awesome.

'Zac
12-27-2012, 05:14 PM
lol ever seen my teles on simplex xD?
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/Shot0137_zpsd939d6a5.png
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/Shot0138_zpsb8c8c287.png
This ^^^tele ^^^ got flamed, EMPed, and neutronned and still alive xD

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-27-2012, 05:27 PM
[;48442']It's a MOD that Dave is working on for the Xconsole, soon to be released... and yes it's for admin's and mod's right now, but would be nice if players wouldn't cheat. And also, YES it's awesome.

but it only work as spec right?
i dont want be killed by a mod/adm because he saw who was the nuker on display

.seVered.][
12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
AdRiaN;48448']but it only work as spec right?
i dont want be killed by a mod/adm because he saw who was the nuker on display

well.... maybe ...>.

Just kidding... yes it's only for spectate mode, but an admin wouldn't do that.. ;) and the only way it would work for normal spectators is if we muted the specators.. to avoid spec cheaters... and again... It makes watching much more interesting.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-27-2012, 10:03 PM
love how everyone ignored zacs comment, zac word of advice all the teles you think youve come up with, theyve already been done and used.

.seVered.][
12-28-2012, 03:18 AM
love how everyone ignored zacs comment, zac word of advice all the teles you think youve come up with, theyve already been done and used.

Yes, it has... but let's not be cynnical.. we want him to develop sharing skills and the ability to share information.. which is coming along well.. lest we forget... the world is still bright and new to him... not dull, dark and grey ... like it is for most of us.

Chamberly
12-28-2012, 04:43 AM
another reason to let newbies play LOL.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
[;48451]and the only way it would work for normal spectators is if we muted the specators.. to avoid spec cheaters... and again... It makes watching much more interesting.

no, is better nobody normal spec get this nuker viewer... mute specs is not cool, and TS cheaters cant be muted

but for me this mod is just good for fun the adm/mod spectors, or for help they when streaming

!DEAD
12-28-2012, 12:21 PM
http://cs6073.userapi.com/u16000327/docs/14fc8faa1127/file.gif

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
http://cs6073.userapi.com/u16000327/docs/14fc8faa1127/file.gif

UMAD?

Ape!

Higor
12-29-2012, 12:27 AM
There goes another one, first ACF and now this.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/lolchimp.jpg

.seVered.][
12-29-2012, 07:07 AM
I've actually seen several of those... but not in BATHROOMS...

.seVered.][
12-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Another test demo with JD, B|aze//., |uK|MeltedIce and the rest of da crew. [Download Link ] (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/124859421/UnrealTournament/Media/CTF-BathroomsEQ1-2012-12-29-21-16-42.dem)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Xconsole/Shot0008_zps51dd6f00.png

and the Final score:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Xconsole/Shot0012_zps46e4585c.png

.seVered.][
01-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Some Postcards from the Edge... and a pretty good tele in IcePost.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0003-1.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0001-2.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0002-2.jpg

.seVered.][
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
The Match of the Day: NEWS FLASH: DEVELOPMENT CENTRAL OWNS in NIVEN
"And you thought you couldn't get locked in your own base in NIVEN anymore...."

Demo availailable for download Here (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/124859421/Demos/CTF-Niven%5D%5B-2013-01-18-18-23-39.dem)

Tonight, DevelopmentCentral was playing at UnrealKillers SiegeUltimate Server.
Some of the major stars of this match include: Disturbed, Higor, Grim, Scourge, TzVirus, Chimp (mid muscle)
CoD|T3RM!N@T0R, Vixen!!!!, ULTR@,FLA4L1F3 and RamLinux-MEX, and (.seVered.][ on Tech/Recording)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0019.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0006-3.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0007-3.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0010-2.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0011-1.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0012-1.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0015-1.jpg
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0016-1.jpg

Moskva
01-18-2013, 11:19 PM
[;50085]Some of the major stars of this match include: Disturbed, Higor, Grim, Scourge, TzVirus, Chimp (mid muscle)
CoD|T3RM!N@T0R, Vixen!!!!, ULTR@,FLA4L1F3 and RamLinux-MEX, and (.seVered.][ on Tech/Recording)

With those stars there is no need for MLSG dayum

Disturbed//*.
01-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Game was epic!

Higor
01-19-2013, 02:47 AM
I bet you wonder how a team as outranked as this won the game...
All the tactics we used were... let's say, unconventional.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0079.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0080.jpg

BONZ
01-28-2013, 11:00 AM

Nice little leech in Niven

.seVered.][
01-28-2013, 08:00 PM

Nice little leech in Niven

I like leeches like that.. specially when they are even CLOSER to the door.. so you can hit em from anywhere outside the door, even when it's closed.

.seVered.][
01-29-2013, 01:47 AM
MAP: McSwartzly's 2004
Player: [{}DREDD{}]
Amazing feat: How the HELL did he make a tele above the core like in the old one.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/DREDD.jpg

.seVered.][
01-29-2013, 02:55 AM
Brief test of FRAPS video capture.

http://youtu.be/3nS138Ov1rQ

This test, 1 minute (58 seconds) totaled 187 Meg and 9 minutes to upload..

SAM
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
IM THINK HIGOR PUT HAX IN SIEGE

audiosonic
01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Damn that video runs smoother than my actual game

.seVered.][
01-29-2013, 05:04 PM
IM THINK HIGOR PUT HAX IN SIEGE

This was me and dave, not Higor... and why would you even BEGIN to think that..our objective was to REMOVE them. And we did, ... didn't we? or lest we not find something.

"I'm surprised he doesn't wear a white collar and call himself Padre."

--- Updated ---

Damn that video runs smoother than my actual game
That was only at 30 frames recording, cpu won't handle the 50 frames fraps is capable of (MUCH better picture too). maybe i'll do the multi client/multi computer method so i can play and record at the same time.

I especially like that tactic there at the end, doing the loop around the core... I like to piston jump up to the "soad tray" and kill the mine, then include that in the tripple tele core loop.

.seVered.][
01-29-2013, 08:39 PM
OMG! Recording videos takes a HUGE amount of storage space. However, here's a 2Gig file from today 4way bathrooms match. It shows the new features of the xConsole(v3.4.9) and it's updates as well. (when it finishes uploading) 1 HOUR >> OMG

http://youtu.be/eQNEnwFsYAs

Chamberly
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Yea! Btw... video unavailable... ?

.seVered.][
01-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Yea! Btw... video unavailable... ?

Uploading ...Complete... 48 Minutes to upload and 3 minutes to process. GG!

EDIT: OMG... well maybe I shouldn't do 'other' things while recording.. .I think the video starts lagging around 1:20?

.seVered.][
01-30-2013, 01:25 AM
This video is a little better, shows the updated console (with colors) and I use a few custom commands. And the follower can select any weapon to follow (including Flame). The xNukers is following SniperRifles btw no Nukers. Also, the video (after conversion to MP4) is only 39Meg from 1.1G file... amazing.

http://youtu.be/FQbcgkTosQE

.seVered.][
02-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Scouge, nice thinking outside the box.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/ScourgeBathrooms_zpsd23b6dd3.jpg

Shotman
02-01-2013, 02:28 PM
you do know scourage isnt the first that did this

BONZ
02-01-2013, 02:38 PM
What's to stop the Nuke Siren and Super Protector getting destroyed? Are there containers out of the screenshot?

Don't get what the benefits of this setup is that make it a good idea, which isn't to knock it, but would be interested to know.

|uK|kenneth
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
What's to stop the Nuke Siren and Super Protector getting destroyed? Are there containers out of the screenshot?

you should look again there are 2 conts.

Scourge
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Don't get what the benefits of this setup is that make it a good idea, which isn't to knock it, but would be interested to know.

I was hoping my teammates would make a super container to support and block the entire setup, which is traditionally what i replace it with, but given the pace of that game and the poor reading comprehension of the average teammate it wasn't happening.

.seVered.][
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
you do know scourage isnt the first that did this

I didn't say he was the First, I said he was thinking 'outside the box'. It was refreshing to see a different approach to the same issues.

The definition of Insane is: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

In the road of Life there are DRIVERS and there passengers.

|uK|chiseller
02-01-2013, 05:25 PM
There's a reason why certain spots are used and others aren't.

.seVered.][
02-01-2013, 06:02 PM
There's a reason why certain spots are used and others aren't.

The only reason I see that they are made where they are is decided by the person who has the RU to build it. I guess the team can still decide weather or not to support it and build it up... so ...

the TEAM decides where it will be built.

|uK|chiseller
02-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Uhm.. missed my point.

I try again: Experience / Trial & Error

.seVered.][
02-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Uhm.. missed my point.

I try again: Experience / Trial & Error

Hmm, interesting formula...Lets not overlook the fact that I don't doubt or criticize your experience and skill in any Way, Shape or Form! However, your skills were gained through a collection of other skilled players sharing those 'Results in the Past' games with you. And they shared skills with you then, so let's not keep from discussing skills now. (which is the point of the thread too.. 'Questionable Tactics' is intended to promote discussion.)

Perhaps this one could also apply.

(Experience / Trial and Error) - Perspective of Objective = Some Result in the Past

Your perspective of what was 'tried' during your 'Experience' might have been 'divided' by 'Errors' from other people not understanding your 'Perspective' of your objective at that time.

In other words. "Just because it didn't work then, doesn't mean it can't work now."

Free your Mind, and the rest will Follow

BONZ
02-02-2013, 08:14 PM
The most frustrating Camplex game ever. Not exactly the hardest map to defend, and several opportunities were handed to the other team.

First of all, a leech next to the core. Along with all the other builds in the map, this allowed them to hit us with neutron after neutron.

Second of all, a Forcefield right at the door entrance. Simplex is the easiest map to defend ever, it just requires pulse camping. Which is prevented when you stick a forcefield in your door, with an SC right next to it for guaranteed RU.

NNNNGGG.

Higor
02-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Let's block the way!!1!1!1!!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0088.jpg

BONZ
02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Let's block the way!!1!1!1!!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0088.jpg

You beat me to it. Everyone told him to take it down, and he said 'it is not leech. it is wall!' LOLOL

Not sure if this is you on the other side of my screenshot, as you're taking your screenshot

Here's another bad setup in Faces. The core could be hit easily, and the SP on the right side of the screen had no containers to heal it

'Zac
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
BONZ well that isnt 100% true... the containers have height collision too, so... yeah

'Zac
02-06-2013, 06:10 PM
I bet you wonder how a team as outranked as this won the game...
All the tactics we used were... let's say, unconventional.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0079.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Shot0080.jpg

HOLY SHIT 17 NUKE KILLS?!??!!? HOW THE FUCK...

Disturbed//*.
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
DC_ Tactics zac. Simple as that.

BONZ
02-06-2013, 07:29 PM
BONZ well that isnt 100% true... the containers have height collision too, so... yeah

Which build setup are you referring to? The Faces containers didn't have enough height collision to stop opponents firing sludge straight into the core, which could have been avoided simply by building them higher

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-07-2013, 10:13 AM
think i should bust out my vault of siege screenies...

.seVered.][
02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
think i should bust out my vault of siege screenies...

Mosty definatley... what else do you think I started this thread for?

BONZ
02-07-2013, 04:29 PM
This one is from some time last week. I think he was an old-school siege player, because he kept rebuilding containers in or right next to the core

This one is also from last week. Not sure why Kanelo built this container here, or why Severed is cursing to the heavens. Could have been an accidental build I suppose

'Zac
02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Which build setup are you referring to? The Faces containers didn't have enough height collision to stop opponents firing sludge straight into the core, which could have been avoided simply by building them higher
oh i was talking about the Face containers on the left, those can actually defend because of height collision.

BONZ
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Not sure what your point is, Zac. It's possible to build two containers higher up, and this stops all flak shells/ rocket vials/ biosludge from being fired from the Face Corridor and directly into the Core. My point of posting this was because enemies WERE firing from the Corridor and into the Core at will, which was killing us, despite any height collision the containers may have had.

This one is from Bathrooms. In fairness to the SC creator, he removed this setup when I explained why this build was harming our team. Nothing worse than a leech creator who refuses or is unable to learn from their mistakes

Booty
02-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Who is this CHIMP guy/girl?? .. I see there is a lot love for him/her

--- Updated ---

Aaargh.. still cant see attached screens ... :/

BONZ
02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm sure many of you are aware of Higor's 'camp base' in Hydro, which every fibre of my being tells me shouldn't work, but does, beautifully.

Near the camp base he built this. It protects an important control point, a popular spot for teles, and it's very difficult to approach or attack without getting fucked up by the Super Protector. Kudos.

.seVered.][
02-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Who is this CHIMP guy/girl?? .. I see there is a lot love for him/her

No one really knows. Rumors abound as to his/her actual existence or if he's a BOT left running in some back room government agency. He's been known to build some outlandish defense systems, and generally will frustrate the hell out of you. One thing is for sure. He is a LEGEND. Thousands of hours of play time, recognized the world over, and never been seen without his gun.

Booty
02-14-2013, 05:26 AM
Haha.... sounds like a cool guy :P

.seVered.][
02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
This one is from some time last week. I think he was an old-school siege player, because he kept rebuilding containers in or right next to the core

I used to hate this but the fact is... it really doesn't matter how close or how far. ANY container in the proximity of the core (except your next post) will pay out RU from a nuke, but putting it RIGHT on the core makes it pay out from regular weapons too and makes the core an easier shot to hit. For example, if I build this, all it does is make the core HUGE and easier to hit.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/Shot0015_zps87174dd7.jpg

This one is also from last week. Not sure why Kanelo built this container here, or why Severed is cursing to the heavens. Could have been an accidental build I suppose

Except this one. well... built properly that is. If it's on the OTHER side and tucked in the edge (not hanging over the edge) a nuked core will not hit the container. It will this one though.

'Zac
02-14-2013, 06:50 PM
is CHIMP the place where the insult ' ape ' came from?

.seVered.][
02-14-2013, 09:21 PM
is CHIMP the place where the insult ' ape ' came from?

No, I think that was GrimReaper who started that trend. Might have been Disturbed... not sure.

Moskva
02-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Wrong... it was my attempt to stop cussing people out (which has been struggling lel) so the word ape would do the job

Higor
02-15-2013, 12:10 AM
I used 'lowest common denominator' at some point, but ape has a similar meaning and is far easier to write.

BONZ
02-15-2013, 02:38 AM
[;51926']I used to hate this but the fact is... it really doesn't matter how close or how far. ANY container in the proximity of the core (except your next post) will pay out RU from a nuke, but putting it RIGHT on the core makes it pay out from regular weapons too and makes the core an easier shot to hit. For example, if I build this, all it does is make the core HUGE and easier to hit.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/Shot0015_zps87174dd7.jpg

Except this one. well... built properly that is. If it's on the OTHER side and tucked in the edge (not hanging over the edge) a nuked core will not hit the container. It will this one though.

I say that the player could be an old school sieger because apparently in the very early days of siege, putting containers around the core would heal it. Unless the player in question is blatantly sabotaging the team or laming to a massive extent, this seems most likely.

I realised earlier this week what the container must have been for, when I walked into the setup. It's protecting a super mine next to the portal above the core, which as you say can't be hit if it's tucked away from the edge. Dude must have been boosted while building or something

Shotman
02-15-2013, 02:08 PM
or he had a SM on the tele that will get to you core, have you guys thought of that?

.seVered.][
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Wrong... it was my attempt to stop cussing people out (which has been struggling lel) so the word ape would do the job

Ah yes, I recall now...

--- Updated ---

I realised earlier this week what the container must have been for, when I walked into the setup. It's protecting a super mine next to the portal above the core, which as you say can't be hit if it's tucked away from the edge. Dude must have been boosted while building or something

Right, however a container on the OTHER side of the faucet has the same effect but isn't in clear shot of incoming enemies.

BONZ
02-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Got a few here.

Firstly, a good one and a bad one from Clarion. I think the SC on the right is pretty good, because it protects a core tele and can support an almost indestructible Super Protector on the other side of the wall, which covers the Supplier. The containers and Super Protector on the left hand side are IMO a bad idea, because they make the setup worth leeching. The containers are also unnecessary when a Super Protector could be built next to the SC, and be even stronger than as it is.

This one is from Niven. Don't think it's worth a camp base here when the supplier is 12 feet away, and it makes defending with Shock more difficult

And this.... lol.

Played with a Siren next to the supplier on Clarion the other day. Scourge picked up on it fast

BONZ
02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Here's a setup I liked, think the map was Bluevember. Nice big wall to block entry, ideal spot to place mines, and a super protector closer to the tunnel. It's a strong control point build that can withstand plenty of nuking. Problem is if you nuke from the stairs, you can hit both SCs and rack up a lot of RU. Both spots are good for SCs, but you cant use both at the same time; a forcefield for one control point and an SC for the other would have been better imo

Disturbed//*.
02-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Picture 1: Latino stack(BlueTeam)

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0004-1_zpsfa1ac95f.png

Picture 2: (For Higor)

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0007-1_zpsb0c7dca6.png

Picture 3: Now Thats TeamWork(still lost but)

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0009-1_zps96aaf44d.png

Picture 4: Pro Niven Tactics, Only way is to up the ramp and i have a Super Mine there.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0024_zpscde39443.png

Picture 5: SuperBooster Fail!

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0029-1_zps00637744.png

Picture 6: Pulse Charge

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0030_zpsaf5e0ae4.png

Picture 7: Great Picture of SW`, randomly took it.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0033_zps6d35f146.png

'Zac
02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
lol i love that superbooster fai lxDD

BONZ
02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
LOLOL at first I thought 'what's wrong with that SB, except maybe being a bit to the left'?

Then I looked more carefully, and I think a bit of wee came out

--- Updated ---

'A Superbooster on a budget' I guess!

Also, love the thinking outside the box on the Niven setup. In a normal match you might get screamed at for building a leech, but niven IS a game of leech, and that's a well thought up obstruction on the map. Kudos!

Disturbed//*.
02-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Niven isn't a leech game at all. You have to have a team in order to play Niven. My Team= Higor, severed and i. We have all the tactics we need. We have never lost a game on niven yet, and planning on not. Also, must have a strategy.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
blaze chis fleece lets go 3v3

BONZ
02-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Niven isn't a leech game at all. You have to have a team in order to play Niven. My Team= Higor, severed and i. We have all the tactics we need. We have never lost a game on niven yet, and planning on not. Also, must have a strategy.

Niven is a leech game! Since when has lack of RU ever been a problem for someone playing Niven?

Disturbed//*.
02-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Define leech for me please. Yes we get a leech if we trap you in your base, but we use are RU wisely and dont spend it on useless stuff such as leech.

.seVered.][
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Define leech for me please. Yes we get a leech if we trap you in your base, but we use are RU wisely and dont spend it on useless stuff such as leech.

Leech, 'verb', old english. "to (build a) Leech." "to Leech (a build)"

A. In SiegeUltimate, a construction that is easy attacked by the enemy, and not easily defended by the builder or his team.
B. Excessive amount of builds in close proximity to each other.
C. Constructions built on the opposing teams territory or far away from the builders base. Usually built after a TeamBalancer has transferred a player to an unfavorable situation.

'Zac
02-21-2013, 07:21 PM

disturbed you put a fucken super container infront of the window on McSwartzly and i told you to remove. DONT DENY ME BOY!!! i got a screenshot and im not afraid to use it! SNITCH - I DONT DINK SO!

Disturbed//*.
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
disturbed you put a fucken super container infront of the window on McSwartzly and i told you to remove. DONT DENY ME BOY!!! i got a screenshot and im not afraid to use it! SNITCH - I DONT DINK SO!
Oh thats right, i forgot you know more then anybody here in siege. You think you know it all. You go ahead and post that screen shot big boy, because its not a leech. Now don't get your panties all in a bunch, that SC would of worked if you didn't cry and give it away to the other team. Like you always do with your big mouth, by not using team say. If i finished that SC it would have worked, but why am i telling your this? You'll just deny cause your the best player here.

The way it would of been.
Put SC in Corner and Make a SP in it, followed by a SM. A SC can heal pretty much anything. Meaning zac, that SM would stop people from transing with a nuke or not. It would stop them 100% but would get most of them.

PS i don't find you snitching, and nobody likes a tattle tale.
Also, i belive know one was talking to you in the first place, it was between me and Bonz.
You just like to come into other peoples conversation like you always do.

"Hey i found your nose, it was in my business AGAIN"

'Zac
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Oh thats right, i forgot you know more then anybody here in siege. You think you know it all. You go ahead and post that screen shot big boy, because its not a leech. Now don't get your panties all in a bunch, that SC would of worked if you didn't cry and give it away to the other team. Like you always do with your big mouth, by not using team say. If i finished that SC it would have worked, but why am i telling your this? You'll just deny cause your the best player here.

The way it would of been.
Put SC in Corner and Make a SP in it, followed by a SM. A SC can heal pretty much anything. Meaning zac, that SM would stop people from transing with a nuke or not. It would stop them 100% but would get most of them.

PS i don't find you snitching, and nobody likes a tattle tale.
Also, i belive know one was talking to you in the first place, it was between me and Bonz.
You just like to come into other peoples conversation like you always do.

"Hey i found your nose, it was in my business AGAIN"

its not YOUR business! not at ALL! its the community's to know whos making trouble. so with that sc... ok no containers, view to like ALL of mid, hows it supposed to stay alive? plus it never made it to level 3 at all first of all so it could have died EASILY. plus, i dont think im the best at siege or know everything about it, i just know whats wrong !! no i didnt cry at all, not even mad i just told you in a calm tone, i was just like " disturbed remove that SC " and youre freaking about it saying its fine when its getting hit and view all of mid. even though its public, and you removed and all, still, lots of people got points and ru which causes the other team to be ahead of course. but the supermine was useless because it can also get with a view from mid and there were mines on the hallway up to the base.anyway, if its a conversation with BONZ and you seem to know everything about leech and you put 5 platforms infront of your base on niven that are level 0 and a supercontainer right there, that can all be easily killed with just about 3 or 4 people from anywhere on the map, just agaisnt the wall and you can see that sc and those platforms are just useless, the door can do more than that alone. anyway go along with your business while i find other dumbasses around doing shit. i dont think you should get a ban because youre so called ' friends ' with the active admin on the server ( severed ) so you could easily get away with it. plus being with severed is a privilege, just like any other admin out there. disturbed ive know you for a good 2 years from UM to now, i know youre sneaky and smart, but doesnt mean you can manipulate the admins to do whatever the hell you want.
-case closed. next

Disturbed//*.
02-21-2013, 09:56 PM
you put 5 platforms infront of your base on niven that are level 0

Here is a picture of zac, putting useless platforms more then that, blocks his teammates so they can get into base.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0005-1_zpse6243c28.png

You think those platforms are useless? You get a team of about 4 including you. You get a team, and DC_ Will take your team onat niven, and i will prove to you, that, that SC that higor makes isn't a leech, and those platforms arnt leech. We will block you into your base. Not to get anyone in this but Chis, almost destroyed out tactic, but we kept good. Chis has good tactics on what he does, But that SC will heal everything out side of your base.

Being with severed is a privilege?

Not it is not a privilege, its a bond that we have. We have so much in common. He has kicked me before. I do not get special treatment becuase im friends with him. It's a choice that me and him choose to talk to each other. Un like you, i don't talk to you and thats a choice i make and i will keep to you.

Even you could be friends with sev, i bet you are, but its not a privilege. I didn't have to earn my right to be friends, yes i had to earn his trust but that all different.

You say i do "what ever the hell i want"

Give me some examples please. I do not do what ever the hell i want.

Zac man, you should have seen me back in the days, i was just like you, just like you. I was y(not saying its mean) and i did everything you did men.

3 years ago I was ALWAYS getting banned for my mistakes for like 2 years. I got from 3 match ban to 1000 matches, even more then that. Im so glad, that there are great admins here. They could have deleted me from here. I finally relized that i cant "do what ever the hell i want" because there are rules that stand in front of all us. If you want respect you had to earn it. 3 years ago, i was backward. I WANTED respect, and didnt want to earn it. Because of that i have a bad reputation on pretty much ever sever in UT99. The actions i have choosed was not the best, and i admit my failure and my mistake. Point is I do not do what ever the hell i want. Yeah i goof around awhile, but we all do. I havent got banned in a while, and i plan on not.

With that said back on topic:

|uK|chiseller
02-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Not to get anyone in this but Chis, almost destroyed out tactic, but we kept good. Chis has good tactics on what he does, But that SC will heal everything out side of your base.
I guess I know which Niven game you are referring to. All I can say is you should consider yourself lucky that I joined near the end of the map. My whole team was already trapped and all the paths were mined with super mines. Yet, you guys barely won thanks to a neutron. :p

BONZ
02-22-2013, 07:40 AM

I was paying the build a compliment and referring to niven as a 'leech map' more generally. I didn't mean to say that the build was leech, I was saying that niven means it doesn't matter so much if you build out of base unlike other maps. Everyone will be acquiring loads of RU no matter what you build out of base, best to take the risk and build to push the enemy back from your base bit by bit.

'Zac
02-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Here is a picture of zac, putting useless platforms more then that, blocks his teammates so they can get into base.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0005-1_zpse6243c28.png

You think those platforms are useless? You get a team of about 4 including you. You get a team, and DC_ Will take your team onat niven, and i will prove to you, that, that SC that higor makes isn't a leech, and those platforms arnt leech. We will block you into your base. Not to get anyone in this but Chis, almost destroyed out tactic, but we kept good. Chis has good tactics on what he does, But that SC will heal everything out side of your base.

Being with severed is a privilege?

Not it is not a privilege, its a bond that we have. We have so much in common. He has kicked me before. I do not get special treatment becuase im friends with him. It's a choice that me and him choose to talk to each other. Un like you, i don't talk to you and thats a choice i make and i will keep to you.

Even you could be friends with sev, i bet you are, but its not a privilege. I didn't have to earn my right to be friends, yes i had to earn his trust but that all different.

You say i do "what ever the hell i want"

Give me some examples please. I do not do what ever the hell i want.

Zac man, you should have seen me back in the days, i was just like you, just like you. I was y(not saying its mean) and i did everything you did men.

3 years ago I was ALWAYS getting banned for my mistakes for like 2 years. I got from 3 match ban to 1000 matches, even more then that. Im so glad, that there are great admins here. They could have deleted me from here. I finally relized that i cant "do what ever the hell i want" because there are rules that stand in front of all us. If you want respect you had to earn it. 3 years ago, i was backward. I WANTED respect, and didnt want to earn it. Because of that i have a bad reputation on pretty much ever sever in UT99. The actions i have choosed was not the best, and i admit my failure and my mistake. Point is I do not do what ever the hell i want. Yeah i goof around awhile, but we all do. I havent got banned in a while, and i plan on not.

With that said back on topic:

aright,aright i get it

Disturbed//*.
02-22-2013, 06:42 PM
I guess I know which Niven game you are referring to. All I can say is you should consider yourself lucky that I joined near the end of the map. My whole team was already trapped and all the paths were mined with super mines. Yet, you guys barely won thanks to a neutron. :p

Haha, Exactly thats what im saying. Someone so strong like you almost broke us, and would of defeated us. You need a team with Communication.

Shotman
02-22-2013, 06:56 PM
cmon we are playing Public server, why do you even need communication. If you want communication join a pug ffs.

Disturbed//*.
02-22-2013, 07:42 PM
cmon we are playing Public server, why do you even need communication. If you want communication join a pug ffs.

Why do you need communication in public sever?

The same reason you need communication in a pug.

Communication in my terms are communicating with my team(Severed and Higor) the rest just go with flow.

We have to have communication, or our tactic goes to crap. Same reason you use communication in a pug.

Moskva
02-22-2013, 09:27 PM
All I see here, is noobs & chis

Disturbed//*.
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
When the apes play SGRestart, instead of Voting LOL!!!!

They played 6 Minutes of it, Thought i would save the day, instead of letting the time run out.!!

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/BBHEnt4/Shot0040_zps8d00c731.png