PDA

View Full Version : Feedback On CTF-ModernBathrooms

Disturbed//*.
08-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Okay,

Maps has been played a lot lately, didnt know it was gonna be played that much.

I'm gonna fix a couple things.

Need To Fix
=Lights: People keep spamming the lights off and on, Didn't kow people would Abuse it THAT MUCH. Currently it is at 15 Seconds On 15 Seconds Off, Before Re -Activate. So i thinking 2-3 Minutes ON, So prevent spam/abuse. Or Just remove the whole lights. (You guys tell me)

=Texture: People get high pings. I'm guessing its to bright?, I will 1.) Change Texture Or 2.) Lower them down.

=Tub/Blue Side: There is a BSP(Glitch) in the tub, where you walk on a certain side, and you die/get stuck.

=Red Curtain: Only Some What is lit, rest it dark.

=Blue Curtain: Doesn't go out that far as red does.

=Light in Middle, I'm not sure if i want it ON Of OFF ALL Time.(You guys Tell me)
=====================================

Soon to be added
=Bathroom Pantry Cabinet: Right out side of door on the right, Something to Make tele above and take over(make things a little hard, instead of straight down floor)

=An Upper Level ABOVE Celling in Middle ONLY Middle that will lead to Bathroom Pantry.
=====================================

With Said, I Need some feedback.

Maps Good- Leave It how it is.
Maps Good-Add new changes.

Remove Map-To many.

I'm Trying to make this map the best bathrooms, Please feel free to put in any IDEAS that YOU have, I would love to see some more ideas.

Thanks
-Disturbed.

Banny
08-05-2012, 04:00 AM
The nuke room should be made at some hard place. you see how grim exploited and RC thru wall killing 16 nukes of our team. So move it to some hard place

Secondly I seriously dont like the idea of lights. Increasing time won't make a difference. Noobs are still gonna spam on it. Please remove it.

Mid area needs to be lightened up. Noobs are hiding in the dark and spamming rippers which is srsly(lol).

When lights are turned on in (RED BASE) it lags the game alot.

|uK|Rays
08-05-2012, 04:29 AM
imo its another bathrooms and you guys worked hard on it, but I would have liked an original map. map does need more light though, but you already know.

SAM
08-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Grim playing like a moron as usual then.

Sheepy
08-05-2012, 08:51 AM
the middle part is ugly, the ceiling is way too bright - cant see my crosshair at all, the light switches should get removed completely - eventho i liked the map better when it's dark.

other than that its pretty decent, but as rays said, an original map would have been nicer (but yeah, making a new map, suitable for siege is a bit hard)

|uK|kenneth
08-05-2012, 10:16 AM
The nuke room should be made at some hard place. you see how grim exploited and RC thru wall killing 16 nukes of our team. So move it to some hard place

Secondly I seriously dont like the idea of lights. Increasing time won't make a difference. Noobs are still gonna spam on it. Please remove it.

Mid area needs to be lightened up. Noobs are hiding in the dark and spamming rippers which is srsly(lol).

its not that hard to make 1 or 2 sp's right?

Disturbed//*.
08-05-2012, 12:10 PM
its not that hard to make 1 or 2 sp's right?

We Made 3 And Some how his RC Got base it. Idk how.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-05-2012, 01:07 PM

SPs? lol, the siege has normal warhead and invencible, normal nuke should be a risk build and nuke rooms should not exist, but now, you want Intocable nukes rooms too? so remove the invencible warhead and make the 1300 nuke invencible

Banny
08-05-2012, 01:52 PM
AdRiaN;35124']SPs? lol, the siege has normal warhead and invencible, normal nuke should be a risk build and nuke rooms should not exist, but now, you want Intocable nukes rooms too? so remove the invencible warhead and make the 1300 nuke invencible

What on the earth are you trying to say? We made 3 level 5 Sp's still the RC killed 16 nukes. I just said dont place the nuke room at such an easy place where it can be exploited easily.

Disturbed//*.
08-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'm moving nuke rooms to a different location. Gonna be much harder to get, and harder to kill.

uQwack
08-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Maps great but it has too much texture.
And idk about the N'room.

Gw~

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-05-2012, 02:09 PM
banny, nuke room is not necessary, make normal in anyplace and defend it!
i always make normal nuke with nuke room or not and i never lost my nukes, this in 95% of maps

Banny
08-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Exactly that's what siege means but if there is something available why not take advantage of it but that should not be exploitable

Higor
08-05-2012, 02:44 PM
LOL GRIM

Anyways, haven't you guys heard of decoys?
It's precisely what you do in these cases!

Make a container or invinc nuke, close to the RC location and to a side (right for example), and make the normal nukes far and high (left side for example).
This way the RC won't hit shit.

|uK|kenneth
08-05-2012, 03:21 PM
AdRiaN;35133']banny, nuke room is not necessary, make normal in anyplace and defend it!
i always make normal nuke with nuke room or not and i never lost my nukes, this in 95% of maps

thx for saying it.

|uK|Grimreaper
08-06-2012, 09:01 AM
lmfao 16 nuke kills was funny i used 2000 ru for that rc haha 4 rc's to be precise
btw personally i like the map when the lights are off it gives you a mysterious vibe
remove the lights and keep the map dark imo

Shotman
08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
there is no sink hole in the sink dammit :(

|uK|Grimreaper
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
btw at the sinks there is yet again the same bug as in the other bathrooms versions
there is a invisible cube wall..

Disturbed//*.
08-06-2012, 08:25 PM
btw at the sinks there is yet again the same bug as in the other bathrooms versions
there is a invisible cube wall..

Yes, I can't see to get to that, i thinking its a BSP bug, Cause there is nothing on the editor that show where the Invisable brush is. I'll try to look more into it.
Thanks

Higor
08-06-2012, 08:53 PM
The bathtub itself had to be made semisolid in order to keep the water on it.
If made solid, portal errors appear and everything below the water disappears.

The map has a shitload of BSP decorations and semisolid brushes, add to that lots of other decorative brushes that aren't precisely simple or with cojoined polygons, resulting in a dirty BSP generation.
It can be fully fixed, with a week of dedicated work and the right tools.

In my map, I've had to convert some BSP decorations into meshes to make the already nasty construction a bit simpler and less resource demanding.

audiosonic
08-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Try to select everything on that area and click on delete, I remember Tree12 or Tree13 was something that didn't show up at all on the editor, but when playing it was something invisible, probably a tree without the textures?

Disturbed//*.
08-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Try to select everything on that area and click on delete, I remember Tree12 or Tree13 was something that didn't show up at all on the editor, but when playing it was something invisible, probably a tree without the textures?

Yeah, I Have delete them, i thought i delete all, but i guess not, there was 4 EXTRA "Trees" that i missed also,
Thanks,

Vatiko//
08-12-2012, 05:25 AM
The map is great, just the problem mainly is the lights. Like sheepy said I for one prefer the map with no lights at all where I can see better and be a sneaky ninja, but then again its unfair to the others that can't see due to their renderer. If you were to fix the lighting I guess the base lights should be on and the mid light should be off where im sure both base lights will show somewhat at mid giving it that bit of a spark. Also nuke room definitely needs to be replaced and if you are thinking of putting the base lights on could you possibly change the theme of this version, the white walls with the bright lights makes my UT so bright I can't even see my crosshair and somewhat hurts my eyes .