PDA

View Full Version : Banned cause of solid aim?

power
09-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine is banned on UK servers with my IP (82.169.162.112).

They said he was using an aimbot? And this is based on what? Please proof it. I am sitting next to him and watching the ownage. He does not dodge, has a solid aim. And also, I want to know which admin banned him (I want to know why he thinks it's an aimbot) .

Name was: thriller

Thank you guys,

Regards.

AuSSiE^uK
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi power,

It was myself who banned Thriller, and it was me who first noticed his aim/ dodge was weird as hell. And after I noticed it, so did 75% of the other players in game.. I did wonder why a member of F34R popped up on his ip and now you've confirmed it. However, despite the fact of the possible aimbot. He still wasn't adhering to the rules of the UK Insta server, on several maps I'd noticed he'd made no attempt at grabbing the flag. In my books this is a big nono, we're here to play CTF.. Not run around just shooting the players. Not only that, when he was running about, Thriller had no idea where he was going. So I went with standard gut feeling of: noob + precise aim = bot.

If there's a clear explanation, preferably from the accused. I'd like to hear it, and the ban can be reduced to something much fairer.

Kind Regards

power
09-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Are you serious Aussie? 75% of the people? I doubt it. If someone says: "Hey, he hits me like Loque. He is using an aimbot!" Are you seriously going to fall for that? What did I conform? He is lanning here, sitting on my network.

And you're saying: "despite the fact of the possible aimbot". You are NOT EVEN SURE?!!? How can you ban people if you are not sure? Get the facts first, never think.

He is a total noob. Precise aim? He doesn't even pass 65% eff Aussie. If he does not play by the rules, just warn him / kick him for a few games. Don't just ban people of aimbotting, you have no evidence. You are clearly abusing your powers. In my opinion, they should demote you ASAP. You have clearly no idea how to be an admin.

AuSSiE^uK
09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
There's no need to make this a personal attack against myself.. I've never abused the powers I've been given.
I am a VERY fair moderator on the Insta servers, I'm not an admin. So I can set those facts for you. However, when the majority of the players are complaining, I need to act. We're here to make the game fairer, and I did so.

Sure he didn't pass the 65% effi mark.. But does he even have to?
Why can't he himself please visit the forums, and make an appeal?
I did mention in my previous post, I'd like to hear what he has to say. And as I said I can reduce or even remove it...

Regards

SAM
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Aussie is not abusing his powers at all. He is in his right to make a judgement to safe guard other players from playing against cheaters, and rightly so. Software can easily be bypassed, it is not a requirement to have a software write up to confirm a cheat. We are very lenient but when it comes to botters there's a hard line here. Even if it is suspected, there's not many of those judgements flying about here.

power
09-23-2012, 05:24 PM
No personal attacks mate. Not my intention but what I have seen today from you......... I just can't believe you ban peope only cause you think they have an aimbot.

Second you say: "when the majority of the players are complaining, I need to act. We're here to make the game fairer, and I did so". So, you can easily be influenced! That is a bad thing mate... if someone joins with a solid aim (noob or not) and owns the whole team... are you going to ban him for botting cause majority of the people whine?

The thing that bothers me is: you did not even warn him, you just acted blindly. And the thing that bothers me even more is: you just don't want to admit that you were WRONG in your actions.

Himself?

1. I had already an account here.

2. What must he say? He has nothing to say, I have already said enough.

--- Updated ---

Aussie is not abusing his powers at all. He is in his right to make a judgement to safe guard other players from playing against cheaters, and rightly so. Software can easily be bypassed, it is not a requirement to have a software write up to confirm a cheat. We are very lenient but when it comes to botters there's a hard line here. Even if it is suspected, there's not many of those judgements flying about here.

Are you kidding me? Cheaters? There is no proof at all. He even confirmed he was NOT SURE. Sure let's ban the people with aim and say: "Hey, software can easily be bypassed! It's easy.". Like I said, you want proof I can send the whole UT folder to you or shall I let him join the US server and let you decide?

I haven't seen an imbot since Tammy.

--- Updated ---

A tip for you guys:

Make a subfolder named: Hall of Shame. Name all the banned players with proof (screenshots), just like Tammy forums. Be a professional.

SAM
09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry, with the number of cheaters we have. I really don't have time to sit here publishing screenshots and logs. They are available on request.

power
09-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Sorry, with the number of cheaters we have. I really don't have time to sit here publishing screenshots and logs. They are available on request.

Sure, I am requesting the screenshot (the solid proof) of thriller aimbotting.

SAM
09-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Power, as I mentioned above, we are in our right to make a judgement call and Aussie has done so.

No one is paying to play so, let's have less of the demand and amicable discussion instead. As Aussie stipulated, regardless of whether he was cheating, the player was not playing by the rules.

AuSSiE^uK
09-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Alright, thanks for the err.. Constructive reply. But your wrong, I'm quite the opposite..
I am NOT easily influenced. I am very capable of making my own mind up. But thanks for the motherly advice though. Even when I'm getting owned during a match, I might have a bitch and moan about it. However I know I'm not getting cheated on. So I won't take any action.

Why would I warn a suspected botter? That's just daft. (I did openly mention it in chat though) And I certainly did not act blindly! The last thing I want to do, believe me, is banning someone. If I'm wrong I'll happily apologise, I've seen my fair share of botters and can tell the differences. I've removed his ban from being permanent. However, he'll still serve out a fair share of it.

PS. The |uK| servers ban dozens of botters on a daily basis.

power
09-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I totally understand that Scarface. Again my apologies if I sound too harsh (telling abusing powers).

It has nothing to do with paying or not paying. It was an unfair ban.

This was banned for this reason: aimbot. Okay, cheating or not cheating, now it's not playing by the rules. There must be a warning or a kick, right? Instead going for a full ban.

--- Updated ---

Alright, thanks for the err.. Constructive reply. But your wrong, I'm quite the opposite..
I am NOT easily influenced. I am very capable of making my own mind up. But thanks for the motherly advice though. Even when I'm getting owned during a match, I might have a bitch and moan about it. However I know I'm not getting cheated on. So I won't take any action.

Why would I warn a suspected botter? That's just daft. (I did openly mention it in chat though) And I certainly did not act blindly! The last thing I want to do, believe me, is banning someone. If I'm wrong I'll happily apologise, I've seen my fair share of botters and can tell the differences. I've removed his ban from being permanent. However, he'll still serve out a fair share of it.

PS. The |uK| servers ban dozens of botters on a daily basis.

Thank you! He indeed said some of them acused him of botting. He denied it.

If you want to be sure, just follow him @ US these hours.

SAM
09-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I can ban someone for various reasons that I or any other admin or mod will take into account.

For example, if I suspected someone of using an aimbot or trigger bot but I was not sure and they also were not playing by the rules, that person would be dealt with more swiftly than just a "normal" person who might be camping for a minute. It's all based on judgements. We are not robots where we can have it programmed into us how each of us should behave.

We have different perceptions and while I try to instill (most as I can my views and ways of moderating) the fact is, I can't change how people will respond and I have to trust their judgement. If Aussie thinks this ban is warranted then it is warranted. He is a fair and mature mod.

power
09-23-2012, 06:04 PM
I can ban someone for various reasons that I or any other admin or mod will take into account.

For example, if I suspected someone of using an aimbot or trigger bot but I was not sure and they also were not playing by the rules, that person would be dealt with more swiftly than just a "normal" person who might be camping for a minute. It's all based on judgements. We are not robots where we can have it programmed into us how each of us should behave.

We have different perceptions and while I try to instill (most as I can my views and ways of moderating) the fact is, I can't change how people will respond and I have to trust their judgement. If Aussie thinks this ban is warranted then it is warranted. He is a fair and mature mod.

I understand and somewhere I do respect his decision when it comes to suspecting someone botting (still I would be 100% sure). But when giving a player immediately a permanent ban without warnings? I think that is very harsh and unfair, especially if he is clear of botting or whatsoever.

PS: I have seen him play, fifty-fifty. CTF and DM, like all the others.

~~D4RR3N~~
09-24-2012, 12:41 AM
LOL!!! WAIT!! LE'ME GET THE POPCORNS!!!

Khem
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I was on the server yesterday as well (not when he got banned im gonna guess before then) and i was suspicious as well, so much so i quit the game to spec - one moment he was running into walls, not being able to hit a barn door with a pea shooter, the next pulling off unbeliveable shots from a complete spin.

Im not saying he WAS cheating, just that it felt very much like playing someone who has a bot they can turn on and off. I have been playing this game on and off for 13 years, and its very rare i will ever accuse anyone of botting, and i have had my arse kicked by better players than me many times, but his game play was suspect, the mod banned him, and has already asked for him to come on and explain himself - he may very well have a good reason as to his playing style which could explain everything - until then a good call by Aussie.

power
09-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi there Khem,

I will shoot a video to proof it. I will post it here.

Shotman
09-24-2012, 12:12 PM
just get his demo thats it

power
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Here is his demo: https://rapidshare.com/files/2091299133/bot.dem

Put this file in your system.

Launch UT, go into console and typ: playdemo bot. Have fun.

Match details:

- 8 grabs
- 0 caps
- 177 frags
- 64% effi
- 28% ac
- third in team

Khem
09-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks power

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
can i just say, it doesnt surprise me that a person was banned from your network while "lanning" thats where things tend to go wrong and people blame it on a "friend" im not saying that is what happened but its the same old story.

also i would like to add, a person cheating and not hitting above 65% effi doesnt mean shit neither does it mean anything to be hitting 28% acc, those are just stats, an aimbot can be made to throw several shots before getting a hit, and the same is with missing and dying as well. so please dont insult some of the admins intelligences here by saying they dont know what they are doing, if you had any sense of knowing what you were doing you wouldnt be letting other people play on your network and managing to get banned the very same day. I also do not believe that a person doesnt dodge and can have a "solid aim" without help unless he just stands still and runs in straight lines like a total moron, which is what you're explaining to us.

lastly i dont seem to know who you are so are you some public noob? or are you someone who i havent come across yet in the ig scene? i will download the demo and watch it

Higor
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
It sucks not being able to spec someone properly in first person view right?

|uK|chiseller
09-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Just use spec fix.
I'll watch later as well.

power
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
can i just say, it doesnt surprise me that a person was banned from your network while "lanning" thats where things tend to go wrong and people blame it on a "friend" im not saying that is what happened but its the same old story.

also i would like to add, a person cheating and not hitting above 65% effi doesnt mean shit neither does it mean anything to be hitting 28% acc, those are just stats, an aimbot can be made to throw several shots before getting a hit, and the same is with missing and dying as well. so please dont insult some of the admins intelligences here by saying they dont know what they are doing, if you had any sense of knowing what you were doing you wouldnt be letting other people play on your network and managing to get banned the very same day. I also do not believe that a person doesnt dodge and can have a "solid aim" without help unless he just stands still and runs in straight lines like a total moron, which is what you're explaining to us.

lastly i dont seem to know who you are so are you some public noob? or are you someone who i havent come across yet in the ig scene? i will download the demo and watch it

If you do not believe, then that is your problem (edited). Like I said in previous posts: it was not my intention to be harsh. Insulting is a bad word to pick, and besides it was based on the facts.

It happens, he runs and kills. Get over it.

I wonder what you would do after 5 mins if vitrae, morph, or bng joins this server...

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
played against players of this calibre on a daily basis in regular cb seasons, kept up fine so dont doubt some of the admins here please

power
09-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't believe that. I know you back from the old days.

I do doubt (from what I have seen so far) and that is my opinion. You can't change that.

Edit:

This is going nowhere, problem has been solved and thank you for that Aussie.

AuSSiE^uK
09-24-2012, 02:34 PM
It sucks not being able to spec someone properly in first person view right?

Indeed, I'd like to be able to do this as a spec so I wouldn't have to worry about timeouts.

Edit:

I'll still stand by my initial decision. It was my own fault for not getting a demo. It'll be a very different story if I did record.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't believe that. I know you back from the old days.

I do doubt (from what I have seen so far) and that is my opinion. You can't change that.

Edit:

i started playing ut from 07? hardly "old days" im newschool :)

~~D4RR3N~~
09-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I was on the server yesterday as well (not when he got banned im gonna guess before then) and i was suspicious as well, so much so i quit the game to spec - one moment he was running into walls, not being able to hit a barn door with a pea shooter, the next pulling off unbeliveable shots from a complete spin.

Im not saying he WAS cheating, just that it felt very much like playing someone who has a bot they can turn on and off. I have been playing this game on and off for 13 years, and its very rare i will ever accuse anyone of botting, and i have had my arse kicked by better players than me many times, but his game play was suspect, the mod banned him, and has already asked for him to come on and explain himself - he may very well have a good reason as to his playing style which could explain everything - until then a good call by Aussie.
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! 13 years?!!?? Since I was born you've played ut??!?!? dude, Im VERY Shocked

SAM
09-24-2012, 05:26 PM
It's possible. If he is at least 26 years old. UT did come out in 1999. That when you were born?

AuSSiE^uK
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
It's possible. If he is at least 26 years old. UT did come out in 1999. That when you were born?

He's a bit older than that ;)

|uK|chiseller
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
No wonder he's not dodging playing such garbage maps. There's nothing exciting on the demo. Then again, it's not the one in question.

~~D4RR3N~~
09-24-2012, 09:27 PM
It's possible. If he is at least 26 years old. UT did come out in 1999. That when you were born? I was born March 10th 1999...
Still is very shocking for me, Thats a life for me xD an entire life playing ut... O_o

Khem
09-25-2012, 05:36 AM
hehe i was born in 78! and been playing since the demo (which i still have somewhere!!)

--- Updated ---

If you do not believe, then that is your problem (edited). Like I said in previous posts: it was not my intention to be harsh. Insulting is a bad word to pick, and besides it was based on the facts.

It happens, he runs and kills. Get over it.

I wonder what you would do after 5 mins if vitrae, morph, or bng joins this server...

Played vs Vitrae week before last on new net, won the first map, lost the second - but he has great aim, but also movement - so wouldnt even consider suspecting him - but that kinda clarified my point ;)