Can I get some admin help from the uk guys? [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Can I get some admin help from the uk guys?

Cent
03-13-2011, 04:10 AM
I just rented a server to help the MLUT guys learn how to play Siege. But so far I'm not doing so well. I really have no idea what to do but the server is up and running, but with a lot of problems.

Most of it is probably just admin related stuff. When I log on to the ftp site the maps keep defaulting to original CTF maps. I got some help from on of the MLUT guys but no success yet.

Little stuff that I need to learn about I guess. If someone has a few minutes to spare would you be able to help out. I can give admin access to whoever might need it.

Thanks

Cent
03-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Seems like mapvote doesn't work. Using mapvoteLA13. Can't set a button to bring up mapvote. Clicking maps doesn't work. Some maps work and some don't. Weird stuff that shouldn't be happening.

Any help greatly appreciated

|uK|Chronox
03-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Wait for scqr or some other server admins to pop up..

I used to set up my own server to play with friends here @ my city but i didnt use a ftp server.. The only thing i ask u is to specify each problem and if its only happening to you or everyone.

Butcher!
03-13-2011, 06:19 AM
your coming was foreseeable

Cent
03-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks for reply guys. I installed the latest version of Siege.....XXL2g with zeroping and mapvote la13

Seems like mapvote wont change maps and restarts the last working map. I believe that is because many of the maps I had in cache are other versions. It's happening to everyone.

What I did so far was spec mode on your server and brought up mapvote to see which maps were specific for XXL2g. I have now loaded those maps via admin site and will try to see if I made any improvements.

I'l update with more info as I get it 8)

|uK|Chronox
03-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Also check if ur zp weapons work (enforcer shock rifle sniper rifle) i had problems with them when i had a mini siege server, check the jetpacks too lol.

Btw if u want to teach ppl about Siege, u should install Xtrene version, but before that fix ur current problems with the server, gl.

Cent
03-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Weapons seem to work fine.

I destroy the core and wait for mapvote to come up because it wont work with the "!v" command. Mapvote also wont let me set a button to bring up the mapvote screen so I have end the map to bring mapvote up.

When I choose a map from mapvote the game reverts to CTF. I'm getting kind of confused now. It says "Siege" over the map list but all the map names say CTF....unlike your server where the maps say SGXL2g in front of the map name.

I tried changing some of those to SGXL2g but they dont show up in mapvote. I'm sure it's something I'm missing but it's stil confusing to a noob server admin like me.

SAM
03-13-2011, 10:21 AM
SGXL2g, SGX etc etc are all virtual prefixes we use. You don't rename the map a new prefix because one, it creates more downloads, two inflates peoples unrealtournament folder for no reason and three, more likely to cause mismatch.

Anyway, you need to make sure you have the correct gameclass on mapvote. The !v command is from a seperate mod we run. Siege server is hard to get up especially with all the mods we have had to make to make it playable like ctf, dm etc. It would be easier and more effective if you used the pug server. If we had regular pugs, I'd be willing to give out more admin permissions on the server - in game.

lercs12
03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Give some permissions plz, i dont like that the games just dont start, to practice

SAM
03-13-2011, 11:19 AM
The games won't start. It's not a public server, it is a pug server and is used as such....

Cent
03-13-2011, 01:01 PM
I only asked for a few admin tips. No problems. I'm new at this server stuff but I learn fast. I'll get it working.

Thanks

SAM
03-13-2011, 01:28 PM
For what you described, I've guided you best I can. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Cent
03-13-2011, 01:39 PM
For what you described, I've guided you best I can. Let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks Scar. Still working out a few bugs.

It's hard to get these MLUT CTF types to change their ways if they don't know what mod it is. I figured if I shoved this down their throats they might actually enjoy it. The end result I'm trying here is to get the 2 communities together and possibly liven UT up a bit.

Once they try it I think they may actually like it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Right now my problems are with some bad maps converting to CTF or knocking the server down because they don't work. I'm going thru everything and deleting all the bugged maps. Hopefully I'll be up soon.

The real test will be when the server is full....if it ever gets there 8)

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Give some permissions plz, i dont like that the games just dont start, to practice

lercs if you ask someone who has permissions to take tournament mode off and lock the server they will do it i suggest you do that

lercs12
03-13-2011, 05:07 PM
baybe, after telling me that the pug is only for practice and stupid things..... again

Cent
03-13-2011, 06:01 PM
My server is up and ready if anyone wants to give it a try. It's basically for noobs like me to learn on. There are no rules about camping. But cheating and multigunning will get a ban.

If any of the uk guys, or anyone else would like to try it out and give me suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Even if you just tell me how you ping to it. Thx 8)

Toolys MLUT Siege server 68.232.181.22:7777

lercs12
03-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Are u there right now? I think i´ll give it I try now

Cent
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey guys. Seems like all is working now but still a few glitches. Do I need to use Pure? Every time I load it I cant get RU and/or my constructor doesn't show.

I am also getting kicked from the server for certain different files. So far I have been kicked for botpack.u, render.dll and engine.dll

I am clueless as to why because all my files are from the original disk. I recently bought all new computer parts and have a new XP install but I just moved my UT directory from my old computer to my new one.

What gives?

Thx for any help guys 8)

ps......................dunno if it's from the new computer or from the new SiegeXtremeLiteRC2 mod I put on today. It only started happening today with the server kicks.

SAM
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure why it kicks you....I do know that Pure is not compatible with siege and as such should not be used. Post some server logs of kicks and I'll look it over.

Cent
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Thx for the replay SF. It seems to have stopped now that I got mapvote working. Server is stable and working well. Empty, but that's cause those MLUT nubs wont try it out. Too damn lazy. Takes 30 minutes or less to learn the menu.

I need to find key binds for menu options and write them all down. I think they might play then 8)

|uK|Rays
03-18-2011, 03:11 AM
I stopped by your server today and it works well, good luck with it.