PDA

View Full Version : Siege 4th Generation - 0011

Higor
08-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Based on Siege Ultimate plus bringing some old things back, we'll get to try this improved Siege on it's first playable build.

Semi-Public
The access code and the obfuscated code are no more, so setting up the mod locally will no longer result in crashes.
Some of the files won't be available for download yet (utils, sources, INI profiles), the very reason of this is that there's too many new features, and too many basic structures that were rewritten entirely from scratch. There's is always the possiblity of stumbling into game breaking bugs and other big problems that can ruin the experience.
Therefore we'll be keeping a close eye on the mod during the initial weeks of gameplay and the Siege GU tournament for better feedback.
Once this stage passes 3 things might happen, all or one, don't know yet:
- Availability of official game profiles INIs, and actual documentation for the mod after some time.
- Second release, public.
- New and old developers being incorporated as well as them bringing their additions to the mod.

Flexibility
More doesn't always mean overloaded, the 4th Gen Siege uses an entirely new system to setup the gaming environment, empowered by third party tools and addons like MapVotes, Item packs and other interesting mutators.
The game now makes useage of Game Profiles, with all of the necessary information stored in INI files named exactly the same as said profiles, the game profiles can be setup pretty easily with a MapVote tool or any other script that runs between maps.
The profiles affect the building categories, the item spawners and the buildings themselves.
Said ability to store in additional, version independant config files also extends to the players with their client settings which will presist between servers and Siege versions (from 4th Gen and on).

Interface
The graphics interface now displays proper and better information while maintaining the original UT styled HUD elements, this way playing Siege won't be so alien for first timers.
These new graphics do a better job at helping players know what they're equipped with.

Built in lag compensation
It's neither intended to be revolutionary nor to replace anything used, the lag compensation system provides minimal support for most hitscan weapons using different methods, while these methods aren't as innovative or good looking they do provide a nearly exploit-free lag compensation environment.
With this, installing outdated third party mods like ZeroPing becomes completely unnecessary, this saves the server admins from dealing with the problems the ZeroPing mutator causes as well as providing shorter setup times.
The lag compensation can be toggled with the Constructor menu by holding both fire buttons (ALT first, primary then) in the settings menu, having these changes reflected instantly for said player.
It can also be globally disabled before game starts by setting a simple variable to "False".

Other technical changes
- RU recovery system is dynamic, limitless and recovers all of a player's data.
- Better UTPure compatibility.
- Item spawner can be INI scripted to give certain item timings, availability rates and modified properties.
- Grenade Launcher balance tweaked.
- Buildings' codebase upgraded for better moddability via game INI profile.
- Cores get an infimous RU generation boost for lesser populated teams, helps making games flow faster.
- Acoustic dampener buildable, and it's effect now works on clients with the UT weapons now.
- General code cleanup.
- Experimental AI system temporarily disabled due to not being entirely functional.

I would like to thank:
- .seVered][. for bearing with me and betatesting.
- Chamberly for bearing with me and betatesting more stuff.
- Disturbed for betatesting earlier versions, come back you f****
- DANGERBOY for doing a final review before the release.
- OutlaW for the suits icons.
- ~V~ for interesting information and discussions during development, as well as a new idea for a smoother graphics interface.
- MrLoathsome (UT99) for his research on optimizing a very old and rusty part of the game itself.
- Wises (UT99, BeyondUnreal) for slapping some sense into me regarding obfuscation.
- Feralidragon for providing the necessary information to make ZP methods more secure without relying on obfuscation.
And let's not forget about:
- SilverWing, for grabbing a red hot iron stick and maintaining the project when everything seemed to go to hell.
- Sektor, I never credited you for your work that's right now on this Siege version, I hope you can join the Dev team anytime soon.
- Wildcard, for adding very interesting and original content. I'd like to see everything coming together at some point before UT goes to afterlife.
- Koala, being rather new in this community I don't really have any hard feelings, I'm really impressed some of your additions that still remain here and hope to see more from you, if you're not already here.

I hope I haven't forgotten about anybody

|uK|Chronox
08-05-2013, 12:14 AM
You forgot to thank yourself for doing this for all of us (Both Ut99 and the community).

Even if you don't see a lot of people being grateful for your efforts, most of us really are !

Hope you can keep bringing the best for the uK clan, ut99, and the community !

Thanks Higor !

Higor
08-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Updated to 0002 after first PUG, 0001 only lasted 4 hours :ape:

Higor
08-07-2013, 03:00 PM
0003 is up.
This one has chances of being the one to be used during the league.

SAM
08-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Redirected

Higor
08-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Updated to 0004 - running in IP1
Blood effect added, more tolerant to packet loss, HUD Opacity fixed.

Higor
08-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Planning to update the build tomorrow, any other bug I should fix?
(Bleeding containers fixed)

Higor
08-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Changed to build 0005 in pug server, will provide full logging of every rejected ZP shot.
A couple of pugs and the log file should be more than enough to fix it once and for all.

Higor
08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Willing betatesters gave me a nice log file with the cause of most shot register fails.
SiegeIV_0006 up with a far more reliable ZP.

Novak
08-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Requesting weapon binds be re-implemented, if at all possible. To avoid confusion, I mean the binds that can be assigned in the Preferences menu, not siege keybinds. Thanks.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-17-2013, 04:48 PM
your works good but to be perfectly honest it should be on the pug servers or be used for the current tournament season.

why? because it hasnt been proven that it works properly, I just felt tons of my shots hit thin air because of this in the team that relies on me quite a bit.

if anything it should be tested on the public server where games happen almost all day 24/7 where you could get a lot more info back for how to improve the weapons cause right now compared to zp its not THAT good. having this on the pug server and for the current season only gives you a handful of games and not enough information to work from to make it work properly

I request it be removed and zeroping brought back until it is really ready to be used for competitive play, otherwise im considering not even playing or participating, you may say "im crying" but whats the point of me sitting here shooting people when it wont even register, I'd be better off resting after work than coming back to a game I have no interest in right now

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-17-2013, 05:33 PM
developing stuff using the results of a tournament is shit...

i have sure we gonna play many rounds with glitches (no damage after pauses?), people failing attack/defending/nuking, for new getweapon commands...

we should use only 1, not glitched version for all the MLSG. After this you can develop siege based on pugs results

Higor
08-17-2013, 06:14 PM
AdRiaN;63382](no damage after pauses?),
I wasn't aware of that one.
Will fix that for monday.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Well im done playing in the tournament. Not got any interest in wondering why shots wont register. Count it as holdout or whatever you guys want, I aint gonna play with such an unreliable weapon base when I might as well run around with an impact hammer

Higor
08-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Got the logs, I had another location check layered behind the player location >.> (checking for weapon location), it tends to fail when player is in FOV < 80 or moving backwards.
Tackled that one as well.

Regarding new releases, I'm making a macro that should scan all binds and update them by typing MUTATE FIXBINDS.

Higor
08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Updated to 0007

OuTlaW
08-24-2013, 01:05 PM
GetWeapon sgTrasnlocator is not working for both public and pug
Whats the trans class Higor

SAM
08-24-2013, 01:20 PM
GetWeapon sgTrasnlocator is not working for both public and pug

Not surprised it doesn't work with that spello.

It's sgTranslocator.

Higor
09-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Version Updated to 0008, it required a couple of patches due to unexpected crashed.
Running in the public server.

Novak
09-14-2013, 03:19 PM
We were just playing Bathrooms Fixed and I had GrenadeLauncher + trans + jetpack and went into our nuke tele to make a nuke, got trapped. The tele on the outside was up and there were also two other teles our team had that were in use. Couldn't use the tele, made telenetwork which did not work, still stuck. Then a teammate entered the tele and I was able to use it.

I doubt stacking these items had to do with not being able to use the tele, but you never know. Never experienced that in a previous version.

Higor
09-14-2013, 03:23 PM
A bug in the teleporter anticrash, to be patched when SAM restarts the server.

Novak
09-15-2013, 08:08 PM
A bug in the teleporter anticrash, to be patched when SAM restarts the server.

The issue I am about to describe happened after the server restart yesterday. Maybe it is the anticrash issue you describe, I don't know.

Was using a teleporter and found that when I move slightly within the radius of the teleporter after having teleported that I get sent back through the teleporter. It commonly occurs when I go through a certain direction but need to turn around once I teleport to go another direction. Might be something to look at testing.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-16-2013, 08:58 AM
teleporters are fucked up you come out of a teleporter and get sent through the same one again as soon as you move..... its getting frustrating

Higor
09-16-2013, 11:52 AM
I had to make a quick fix because of this retarded person crashing the clients, I'll have all tele bugs sorted by the end of the week ok?

SilverWing
09-16-2013, 12:24 PM
I had to make a quick fix because of this retarded person crashing the clients, I'll have all tele bugs sorted by the end of the week ok?

If this is the case reroll the version to the "working" one until it gets fixed

Higor
09-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Bug < Crash

terminator
09-17-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't know where to write so i will write here that i miss EMPs on maps like niven and simplex

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
09-17-2013, 09:22 PM
the problem is the noobs of public that dont know to attack, then they stay all game just making more and more defenses

Moko
09-17-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm going to take this as a hint that Higor doesn't sleep.

Higor
09-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Updated to 0009.

Teleporters should work even better than any other older revisions.
They have some rotation assistance for players that teleport looking at walls and have no duck and double touch bugs.
The experimental (and succesful) LC activator used in Shock, Rifle and Insta also ported to Enforcer, Mini and ASMD for more reliability on high packet loss games, with some corrections to the server hitscan.

There's still a bug with divisions by zero in a certain part of the code, but it's nothing critical or noticeable, but should decrease the unregistered shots ocurrences even more than what they've been reduced.

Giving some more info:
4 hour session > 600 unregistered shots logged.
Averages 1 every 3 minutes per player. Let's take into account that the old ZP doesn't log unregistered shots, and they DID happen on players with more than 200 ping when the hit target quickly goes out of vision.
From now on it just gets better.

Higor
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Updated to 0010.

Game's glitchiness greatly reduced, and Pure compatibility so far is 99%.
I say 99% because it unhides the smoke generators buildings use when they're on fire, causing funky display.

Will create a clientside patch for it later.

Diablo
09-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Any idea why i have random hit chance? Like when i hit them i see the blood but no damage inflicted nor i can hear the hitsounds.

RTG`
09-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Any idea why i have random hit chance? Like when i hit them i see the blood but no damage inflicted nor i can hear the hitsounds.

Yesterday i was trying to kill some camping noob and hit him 9 times with sniper. I saw the blood but no damage at all. He only had belt but it was still on after the 9 hits. so yeah

evilserpentman
09-22-2013, 12:15 PM
There are still some lag compensation issues from my end.
It mostly works fine for me, however when people use the hyper leech, none of my hits register.
Would like to give you more feedback, but quite frankly I'm a bit too dead by this point to research it.

Appreciate the work Higor; however there are still some issues.

Higor
09-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Yesterday i was trying to kill some camping noob and hit him 9 times with sniper. I saw the blood but no damage at all. He only had belt but it was still on after the 9 hits. so yeah
Was he by chance in a known image dropping point?

RTG`
09-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Was he by chance in a known image dropping point?

Have no idea what that means.. I'm bad at English. He was just standing and shooting, his flack projectiles were coming from him, so its not a lag issue. I was behind him trying to kill him. The map was Niven but if you're talking about that dropping glitch it wasn't it. For example, at Simplex you can walk on the slider at mid above the water with Walk key and visually at other players perspective they see you dropping down the water, but you're above it and they cant hit you. Its a common glitch and everyone knows it.

Cella
09-22-2013, 05:00 PM
I experienced it alot with people that lag like dogshit, but it also happens randomly sometimes

[rev]rato.skt
09-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Nice Job higor :)

by HIGH[+]rato.skt

RTG`
09-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Demo playback is horrible. I can show you in these videos (HD available).:

- First video:
siegeproblem1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY89YNo91y0&hd=1)

1. No scoreboard to my demos with the new version.
2. We had minus containers, but now we have minus players that can't be killed. Pay attention to -=RUSSIAN=-'s HP.
3. At the last seconds it shows how first person view is really low and that's annoying.

- Second video:
siegeproblem2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jh6nKzxPMI&hd=1)

That demo had the lower first person view problem but now its gone.. Everything is just random. I tried to record it for a funny montage with "MovieUnreal++" program witch uses different inis, but it looks ugly. Just look at these bullet shells and the light delays... :
UnhittableGuy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NeoKzEQbws&hd=1)

I don't have any demo playback problems with the older version at all. If this problem is from the new Siege Ultimate then i beg you to change it back.. There have been many complains about it so it cant be avoided, we are ok with the old version.

btw F1 to check the time rulz :D.

Higor
09-23-2013, 03:12 PM
And again, another thing where UTPure and Siege don't mix well.

SAM
09-26-2013, 04:02 PM
UTPure and Siege don't mix well.

Disabled it now.

Higor
09-29-2013, 01:08 PM
After finals, any newer version's tests will be done on the Pug server.

RTG`
09-29-2013, 01:16 PM
After finals, any newer version's tests will be done on the Pug server.

With downloadable release? I think you mentioned it somewhere.. Don't forget your promise :>

Higor
09-29-2013, 01:19 PM
If the image drop fixer doesn't crash clients every 1 minute as the 0010 version did, it will be released with OldSiege, GlobalSiege and CacusTech inis (no SiegePub).

Chamberly
09-29-2013, 07:53 PM
He will be able to release Siege if everyone is being appropriate and give any feedback nicely. Any rages and bs will not help speed up to help him fix stuff and the release will be later or if it keeps up, there will never ever be a release. C'mon, show some respect. The worse thing that can happen is that he quit coming around and not going to help us anymore... I would be sad. :(

Higor, I know sometimes you have been having hard times. Just try to keep up and don't quit... and of course I'm going to remind you that you are awesome! Sorry I've been away on the weekend, I'm just at Mom's for bit. We'll carry on when I get back, if you need to show me anything again Hehehe!

PNutButterSnake
10-01-2013, 09:36 PM
You do amazing work. :) Thanks!

Higor
10-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Uhhh, is 0011 up already?

Higor
10-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Updated to 0011.
Image dropping should be fixed without constant crashing on clients, if there's still crashes send me the screenshots.
If the scoreboard gets too funky with too many players, take a SS of it as well.

SAM
10-14-2013, 03:21 PM
To add. Polled stuff taken into consideration.

Buildable guns taken out and only available at mid spawn.

Mid spawn timer increased.

SilverWing
10-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Went on the server and 20+ shots not registering

OuTlaW
10-14-2013, 05:31 PM
+ Why did you bring back the nuke on the back thing ? Higor

SAM
10-14-2013, 06:55 PM
+ Why did you bring back the nuke on the back thing ? Higor

Fixed.

--- Updated ---

Went on the server and 20+ shots not registering

Sent further logs to Higor

|uK|chiseller
10-14-2013, 08:33 PM
A step into the right direction.
Though, I don't know what it is but something is wrong with either the server or siege. My ping is perfectly fine, no dead hops, packetloss whatsoever but it feels like I'm playing with 20% pl.

Nukes are still visible on the back by the way, not that I would mind.

PNutButterSnake
10-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Though, I don't know what it is but something is wrong with either the server or siege. My ping is perfectly fine, no dead hops, packetloss whatsoever but it feels like I'm playing with 20% pl.

I second that. The feeling of virtual packet loss has been going on for a while but it's really bad right now. I'd say more like 33-40% packet loss feeling. I think it's clumped packets and maybe repeated packets.

Example: the world warped on me twice in a row while trying to nuke in Black River at their SC. I had a jetpack and could not land in the right place no matter what I did. Fail. :S

Also, my UT is pausing up more than normal whenever skilled/quick-moving players enter my screen. Chiseller in particular. It just freezes for a second, and of course, I'm dead afterward. Not sure what is going on or how much of that is the new version, but it's a lot worse than normal. I think it has something to do with moving too quickly via dodging? Maybe it's ACE or something? Happens really badly on the Insta server sooooo.....

Spiderman
10-15-2013, 03:50 AM
What is sniper bind for this version ??? My old is not working

|uK|MeNTaL^
10-15-2013, 06:37 AM

Nukes are still visible on the back by the way, not that I would mind.
2ez

Spiderman - NWClientExit|GetWeapon SniperRifle| mutate getweapon zp_sn| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_SniperRifle

|uK|kenneth
10-15-2013, 10:51 AM
A
a
a
a
a
a
a
n
n
n
n
n
d
d
d
d
d
d
we still stay at LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.

Spiderman
10-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Now we cant spam msg like " Incoming Nuker" etc ????
it was very useful. Change back

|uK|kenneth
10-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Gotta agree it was pretty good.

Chamberly
10-15-2013, 03:33 PM

Lol i'll have to check that out later.

SAM
10-15-2013, 07:00 PM
it was very useful. Change back

There's been no change on the spam/repeat settings....I'll check later.

--- Updated ---

PNutButterSnake @|uK|chiseller (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=997)

Can you confirm the "virtual PL" is gone

|uK|chiseller
10-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Still feels chewy at times.

Spiderman
10-16-2013, 04:13 AM
There's been no change on the spam/repeat settings....I'll check later.

Its changed, pls have a look, no one is able to spam such chat msg to alert about incoming nuker etc
And server is somewhat laggy now a days.

Chamberly
10-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Its changed, pls have a look, no one is able to spam such chat msg to alert about incoming nuker etc

Indeed. When peoples trying to press more than 1 button, it does not go through after the 1st time.

SAM
10-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Should be fixed.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-17-2013, 09:24 AM
it is cause i had to mute spiderman for holding a key down forever spamming the chat area

Spiderman
10-17-2013, 12:19 PM
it is cause i had to mute spiderman for holding a key down forever spamming the chat area

1st it was not forever spam, 2nd i was not only one who did chat spam. And you know it and why it was done, match lasted 5 hours. Show some real power to mute other who also done/started it. You entered in middle of match, applied your own fundamentals. Anyways, thnx to those who understood it and un-muted me on request at same time, otherwise it would last more 1-2 hours lol.

SAM
10-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Rollback to RC21. If still laggy, let me know.

I did upgrade nexgen, can rollback that also. However highly doubt that is causing the problem considering many other servers use without issues. If problem still persist after nexgen rollback, we can try a new server.

SAM
10-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Why did anyone ever change their binds? My weapon binds always worked fine.

Anyway you can fix this in your console type or paste

Set input <KEY> GetWeapon ShockRifle| mutate getweapon zp_ShockRifle| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_ShockRifle
Set input <KEY> GetWeapon SniperRifle| mutate getweapon zp_sn| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_SniperRifle
Set input <KEY> GetWeapon Enforcer| mutate getweapon zp_Enforcer| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_Enforcer

Replace <KEY> with your choice of key

EG
Set input 4 GetWeapon ShockRifle| mutate getweapon zp_ShockRifle| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_ShockRifle
Set input 0 GetWeapon SniperRifle| mutate getweapon zp_sn| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_SniperRifle
Set input 1 GetWeapon Enforcer| mutate getweapon zp_Enforcer| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_Enforcer

SilverWing
10-17-2013, 07:49 PM

Anyway you can fix this in your console type or paste

Set input <KEY> GetWeapon ShockRifle| mutate getweapon zp_ShockRifle| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_ShockRifle
Set input <KEY> GetWeapon SniperRifle| mutate getweapon zp_sn| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_SniperRifle
Set input <KEY> GetWeapon Enforcer| mutate getweapon zp_Enforcer| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_Enforcer

Replace <KEY> with your choice of key

EG
Set input 4 GetWeapon ShockRifle| mutate getweapon zp_ShockRifle| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_ShockRifle
Set input 0 GetWeapon SniperRifle| mutate getweapon zp_sn| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_SniperRifle
Set input 1 GetWeapon Enforcer| mutate getweapon zp_Enforcer| getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_Enforcer

^^^^

Only works for the pug server and not for the public

|uK|chiseller
10-17-2013, 08:05 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lusgdzjcAB1qekwbg.png

Anyhow, thanks for finally rolling back.
It's like day and night. I didn't realize how flawless siege ultimate was compared to the current version and I am not even exaggerating.

SAM
10-18-2013, 03:01 AM
The binds work for me on pub.

Assume the server is better now?

.seVered.][
10-18-2013, 01:36 PM
The binds work for me on pub.

Assume the server is better now?

Hmmm.. sounds like we're in 'Dark Territory'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4trPZFUwc

OuTlaW
10-18-2013, 01:53 PM
This command works on all siege versions + normal sniper + ZP Sniper :
NWClientExit|getweapon zp_SniperRifle|getweapon SniperRifle | mutate getweapon zp_sn | getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_SniperRifle

'Zac
10-18-2013, 05:20 PM
This command works on all siege versions + normal sniper + ZP Sniper :
NWClientExit|getweapon zp_SniperRifle|getweapon SniperRifle | mutate getweapon zp_sn | getweapon ZeroPingPlus103.zp_SniperRifle

praze da lard, thanks