PDA

View Full Version : TranssssS

~~D4RR3N~~
01-21-2014, 04:55 PM
SAM there isnt trans when nw is voted after combo. Aprox 3 hrs ago played nw and trans worked perfectly fine, and now, after playing some combo maps, trans is gone... maybe bad nn setup? who knows!

if u can fix it, it'd be appreciated

Ramsees
01-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Yes I noticed this as well and it makes it really hard to play NW CTF as the trans is so important to that game mode. I also noticed on Combo that you can now fire more than 1 ball at a time. i know before you could only fire 1 at a time which cut down on spam. However the balls are now causing no damage either?

~~D4RR3N~~
01-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Yes I noticed this as well and it makes it really hard to play NW CTF as the trans is so important to that game mode. I also noticed on Combo that you can now fire more than 1 ball at a time. i know before you could only fire 1 at a time which cut down on spam. However the balls are now causing no damage either?
i **THINK** that that is a spam-preventive measure, so ppl wont abuse firing more than 1 shockball at a time...and i think is perfect to be able to fire more than 1 ball... gives the chance to combo more :D Basically I guess those are nn newest version configuration. (the non damaging shockball im not sure if it is a bug or config as well, tho...)

SAM
01-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Alt fire damage is 0 on purpose. The idea is to promote skillful combo play. Being able to fire multiple helps that. The idea always was for Alt fire to not kill however given we didn't have the source for when the zeroping version was developed, we basically had no choice to insitigate damage on everything so that it was reliable.

The trans issue will need to be investigated. It works, doesn't work then works.

Jst2blond
01-22-2014, 07:45 AM
The trans issue will need to be investigated. It works, doesn't work then works.
On server, Darren says no trans = no ctf . By my side i appreciate it a lot without trans, i don t use it a lot when enabled so...with or without it doesn t care . I notice that it s pretty much harder for them with no trans, it could be nice staying like that in order to new settings improving skill and so on . Just my 2blond cts, but i use to see NWctf servers without it .
:park:
Jst2b

TimTim
01-22-2014, 09:37 AM
I'll do some more work on it by this weekend at the latest. Should work perfectly by then. Thanks for the feedback! :park:

Ramsees
01-22-2014, 11:47 AM
The shockballs not causing damage isn't a big deal. I was never complaining about it at all, just noticed it wasn't working so wasn't sure if there was a problem with the server or not. I do appreciate all that you do in keeping this server going and active! after recently coming back to UT99 after a good 6 year break I was actually shocked to see it still being fairly active game.

I do hope you can somehow get the trans back on in NWCTF. I feel its a fairly important tool in that game mode. There are certain areas of maps that are only accesable with trans. eg: Thorns, you need it to get the deemer and amp. Also there are certain points in maps where you need it to get through tight openings, eg: the windows in Incinerator. It also helps you catch up to an EFC and leads to a speedier gameplay.

Thanks again for everything your doing in keeping UT99 alive! Your time is appreciated!

SAM
01-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Trans will be back ;)

OuTlaW
01-22-2014, 06:29 PM
what happened to the idea of setting up a nw server? would be great setting up one of those SAM

~~D4RR3N~~
01-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Trans will be back
Ty sam.
jst2b, the thing is that NWCTF movement is based all on trans, all maps are designed so people have to use trans. For example, imagin u are chasing the EFc, it is impossible to look for him without trans, due to map's size, there are a variety of places u have to look for :)

~~D4RR3N~~
01-23-2014, 12:17 AM
btw SAM, props from me to combo's actual config, seriously more enjoyable than before :))

SAM
01-23-2014, 03:09 AM
Credit to TimTim too. He did all the work :)

Jst2blond
01-23-2014, 04:26 AM
Ty sam.
jst2b, the thing is that NWCTF movement is based all on trans, all maps are designed so people have to use trans. For example, imagin u are chasing the EFc, it is impossible to look for him without trans, due to map's size, there are a variety of places u have to look for :)
Anyway, most of the time i dislike NW, it works as a pure server for me before and nowadays with newnet also . "Low pingers" always got advantage with this mod . Some years ago, i use to play SACTF at [BIG], JEPPA, {$s$) or B$C servers and never use that kind of stuff . One of your previous example was Thorn map, you say that you weren t able to play it without trans so, can you imagine how terrible it is with only sniper players:) . At least we succeed to grab, run and cap, the only thing you need is good teamwork and nice teammates . I bet some of you play with me at them and we never thought about adding trans mod, it would be considered inappropriate and "kanker dutch word" lame .
Finally, enable it or not it doesn t care for me, i am a sheep :cow: (this cow got a sheep head :) ) ; i only play for fun so if you want it and have fun with it, it s more than OK for me :mj:

PS : i don t want this thread turn into a fight arena, that isn t my purpose there . And Thanx TimTim and SAM for their involvement to combogib server and thanx also for future new maps added SAM, it would be great also :rockband: :)
Jst2b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE84K-HHw2w

~~D4RR3N~~
01-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Haha dont worry mate, i wont fight with ya :) thats pointless IMO.
BTw sam, the bug is still there, but only on the first nw voted map (after a combo map, ofc).
Tim: Contratulations with 09_b, feeling real comfortable with it, BUT, the trans sometimes doesnt shoots after xloc-ing, made it that way, or is it another bug? :p
but really, great job tim, the only way im feeling lag these days is when ping raises to 900. nnpulse and nnmini are showing their true powers finally Haha.

TimTim
01-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks ~~D4RR3N~~ !!

Yeah there's a new bug with the translocator now lol... I'll have it fixed by Sunday.

Ramsees
01-27-2014, 12:06 PM
trans is off again??

SAM
01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
It's there. Doesn't work on the first map after combo but the second nw map voted (in a row) hopefully should be fixed soon.