PDA

View Full Version : trans/grappling not working

oskeno
12-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Good evening,

I can switch to the grappling however the weapon icon is transparent, the trans hand is vertical/straight whereas it should be on an angle (see screenshot) and it will no longer function. I would like to use the grappling the same way that I use the trans; left mouse to throw. However if I add in the HOOKOFFHANDFIRE to left mouse, whenever I shoot with the shock rifle, it will throw the grappling along with it. Is there a way to restore/reset the functionality to the left mouse without it being thrown when I shoot? Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/loOa7iu.jpg

TimTim
12-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Can you pastebin your config? Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002! (http://www.pastebin.com)

oskeno
12-25-2014, 01:10 AM
[DefaultPlayer] Name=oskeno Class=BotPack.TFemale1 team=0 skin=FCommandoSkin - Pastebin.com (http://pastebin.com/5EgxR61S)

TimTim
12-25-2014, 09:48 AM
However if I add in the HOOKOFFHANDFIRE to left mouse, whenever I shoot with the shock rifle, it will throw the grappling along with it.
HOOKOFFHANDFIRE is meant to fire the grappling hook you have other weapons out. This is so you don't have to waste your time switching back and forth. So it doesn't make sense to bind HOOKOFFHANDFIRE to the same key as "Fire" (LeftMouse), although I don't see that you've done this with your config, so maybe you removed it?

oskeno
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM
HOOKOFFHANDFIRE is meant to fire the grappling hook you have other weapons out. This is so you don't have to waste your time switching back and forth. So it doesn't make sense to bind HOOKOFFHANDFIRE to the same key as "Fire" (LeftMouse), although I don't see that you've done this with your config, so maybe you removed it?

I see. Binding the HOOKOFFHANDFIRE seems like a clear cut winner as you can have a weapon out while traversing the map. I set it to Shift after I found out that both would fire at the same time on leftmouse. I guess I will have to find a suitable bind for the hook. I'm still not sure why the trans hand is straight when I pull it out or why it just ceased to function. It's good to know that I can throw it with the shock out though. Thanks for the help!

Jst2blond
12-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I have helped Hakunamatata with those settings :
"
Open user.ini into your UT/system folder
Open it as a text and then replace lines with left and right mouse with :
middle mouse is my shortcut for grapple but u can use any key you want

LeftMouse=HookFire|Fire
RightMouse=HookFire|AltFire
MiddleMouse=HOOKOFFHANDFIRE

+ UT menu /Pref
Check DirectInput and Mousevison
"

EL_BANANERO/MUGIWARA
12-27-2014, 07:25 PM
hello I have a problem with the hook is: to release the hook should trigger a second time and should normally be jumping like repair that problem because it is uncomfortable to play well

hola yo tengo un problema con el gancho es el siguiente : para soltar el gancho debo disparar una segunda vez y normalmente debe ser saltando como reparo ese problema pues es incomodo jugar asi