PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for puging

|uK|Rays
05-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi, I wanted to throw some suggestions out there for pug:

1. Make 4v4 the standard team sizes. We can up that to 5v5 or even 6v6 if the people are around but 4v4 is perfectly fine and easier to fill up if you ask me.
2. We need to have an agreement when it comes to choosing maps for the pug. Half the time we don't even know if we're going to play two maps or just one. In my opinion only one map should be played, each team picks a map they want to play and each captain votes for it on the server. Now as long as everyone isn't stupid and votes the map that their team's captain voted for it would of course be a tie, 4 votes vs 4 votes. Then the map choice is random.

Throw some ideas out there people!

|uK|Anthrax
05-23-2011, 10:25 PM
when it comes to choosing the map, the entire team with captain admits, but the selection is changed, if the team deems necessary,just talk more with his captain
and 5v5 it's nice

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-23-2011, 10:32 PM
the votes for maps are already majority votes so you vote for whatever map you wanna play your not forced to vote the map your captain votes

ive been lenient in terms of maps played etc because the pugs are supposed to be fun and interesting just some players cant follow rules of not using bugs to gain advantages as everyone pugs to get away from lame games (public matches at times) 4v4 siege can be boring 5v5 seems to be good 6v6 makes it really interesting as its usually two defenders against 4 attackers in terms of player limits id just say whoever is around and wants to play can do so

|uK|Rays
05-23-2011, 10:54 PM
4v4 is just as challenging and is quicker to fill. I have seen a lot of pugs take up to an hour or more to find the last few people. So from now on we shouldn't be yelling at each other to pick a map we should just furiously vote for what sounds good, ok?

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-24-2011, 12:37 AM
yea thats what im saying depending whos around the flexibility on max players varies so its alright

mattie
05-24-2011, 06:59 AM
4 vs 4 kinda sucks but I agree that should be standard.

A Pug match should be a best out of 3, which is standard for any type of tournament/mini scrimish. So basically both teams vote, then loser team picks next map. etc.

Can there also be a certain skill level to enter a pug? I'm not trying to be mean but pugs are suppose to be highly tactical/strategic games and one person can literally bring the team down...

Moko
05-24-2011, 07:50 AM
I personally think that for a pug, that people should know the strong points of people ahead of time who are captians.
I'm not that good of a player, but people keep making me attacker I'm better at defending, though I'm bad at both.
They should have a real talk first.

Like GrimReaper, he's good with sniper he he'd be good in mid and defense, but he's also good once he gets in your base at attacking core.
Terminator (CoD) is a sneak, he's better at attacking and making teles.
Shiva is skilled in building and gets kills, he's better at defense imo but he might say otherwise.

Just a few examples.

People go in not seeing who's good at what.

When I was captain we were winning because I asked Pius what he's good at, and I knew what others are good at.
We would have won if not for the flamethrower in our core. (Thank you Grim >.<)

But the teams were fair and we knew what we were doing.

I'm sure I sound like an idiot but I think this really is an issue.

Also I think if it's possible have a ranking in the IRC so teams aren't stacked.

|uK|Rays
05-24-2011, 09:24 AM
I know how the 3 matches thing goes with other pugs, but siege can definitely take a long time as we all know. One game is enough to drain everyone out about half the time. If it's a blowout then I think it's perfectly fine to play another round. Maybe we can make it a rule that loser of a quick match picks next map, that sounds fair to me.

Communication and teamwork is hard to work at Moko. Some of our pug players don't have mics and then some don't speak english. That's another problem and one we probably can't fix entirely.

Moko
05-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah there is a good point there. lol
I'll say right up front, I'm better at defense but I'm learning to attack. lol
But the best we can do to communicate would be nice. =P