Looking for a house camera please help!

User Tag List

Looking for a house camera please help!

Hello all, so recently I have a cousin living with me while his mother is on a 1 year hiatus. We have strict rules in my home but sadly nobody including myself is ever home to enforce them. One major rule is that my cousin isn't allowed to bring anyone over for security reasons. So the other day i came home and smelt a weed smell in my living room. I was furious. My cousin claimed he doesnt know what i was talking about and nobody was here. (Cousin is 18 btw)

So i am looking for a sort of camera or video recorder that can be setup near my doorway to see who comes in and out. Does anyone know of such a recorder that the footage can be stored on my computer or run in a loop on the sd card so i can view it when needed?
    And no this is not a breach of privacy, i have told my cousin and parents that im installing one for security reasons. So they are well aware it would be placed there.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Look at nest or netgear indoor cameras

Canadians furious about weed? wtf is going on here?

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Hikvision do very good quality cameras. Most of their stuff is often sold white labelled and resold with different brand names. We have a set of Hikvision recently installed to monitor the perimeter of our home. For internals these would work really wel

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Prod...209_i8825.html

They have an SD card slot on the actual camera. It's an IP camera so you can watch from where. Plus it is wireless....So you just connect to your home wireless connection and you're good to go. All you need to do is wire power to it. There are models with microphone so it records sound.

If you buy an NVR to record and an SD card on camera as backup. You'll be very unlikely to lose footage. My setup at home is currently NVR only. However I'll be adding SD card to cameras soon. My next project is to build a home NAS. I'll be setting up the NVR to remotely backup to it every night. Which creates even more redundancy....
    Last edited by SAM; 03-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    Canadians furious about weed? wtf is going on here?
    We have a fked up and naive prime minister.

About the house camera, make sure he doesn't see your cameras and make them hidden if possible.
    Last edited by LordRixuel; 03-03-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Hikvision do very good quality cameras. Most of their stuff is often sold white labelled and resold with different brand names. We have a set of Hikvision recently installed to monitor the perimeter of our home. For internals these would work really wel

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Prod...209_i8825.html

They have an SD card slot on the actual camera. It's an IP camera so you can watch from where. Plus it is wireless....So you just connect to your home wireless connection and you're good to go. All you need to do is wire power to it. There are models with microphone so it records sound.

If you buy an NVR to record and an SD card on camera as backup. You'll be very unlikely to lose footage. My setup at home is currently NVR only. However I'll be adding SD card to cameras soon. My next project is to build a home NAS. I'll be setting up the NVR to remotely backup to it every night. Which creates even more redundancy....
    Thanks I will see if i can get my hand on one of these at a good price

Thread Information