Early nuke in mid too OP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: When should mid nukes spawn?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good how it is (~5-10 minutes)

8 25.81%
  • After one team has a super supplier

14 45.16%
  • After one team has a super container

4 12.90%
  • Minutes (write in post)

5 16.13%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Early nuke in mid too OP

I was just playing a game of uk bathrooms when a teammate picked up a nuke from mid as the first midspawn. Needless to say, it brought an already-stacked game to a swift end. While that's cool when I'm on the winning team, it's completely unbalanced. Nukes should at least spawn after there's some defense that can't be bypassed without using it IMO.

Thats the whole point. You dont have much RU limit at the beginning or dont have 150/150 health. Hence it is easy to kill the nuker. Even if the nuker successfully nukes he wont get much RU (300-500).

I say leave it as it is.

Capacity is one thing, being able to completely knock out all of your opponent's early defenses is another. That can easily be a game-ending snowball.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Capacity is one thing, being able to completely knock out all of your opponent's early defenses is another. That can easily be a game-ending snowball.
    How can a single nuke knock out all enemy defenses? And you call couple of containers as defenses?

I would say leave it.

You dont get any ru for it, its just for the fun and u get stressed to get the to nuke in small maps like face.. we got nuked and none of our buildings died, except for mines...

also its fun when u kill some noob with it jaja

keep it the way it is

Noone realized the risk of picking the nuke up? the nuke killer gets basically the same ru from killing the nuker.

The nuke spawns so early that no 150/150 is current. plus if u make mines around 76mins in. EZ 400-600 ru from nuke kill or just DM. its the perfect way to keep "fresh" and gives the games maybe slow start some booming potential.

Its a high risk high reward that early for both sides of the teams.

keep it, at last we want map rotation to be faster and not be stuck in coret 5 hours everyday
    Never Lucky.

I'll play contrarian. At first the early nuke spawn was kind of cool but too often it messes with early game building. I personally think it's gotten out of hand and appreciate the thread, Scourge. I voted for the incremental change and suggest it spawn 10-15 minutes in, to test it there. At least then you would get some reward for connecting with it instead of some BS 300 or 500 RU you use to up the core or a container.

To Beast's point, a better way to address the long games is to reverse engineer the antifun changes which seem to have become permanent. Reward offense instead of defense in the code. Eliminate the ability to make and upgrade a mine in .01 seconds and eliminate spawn protection while making mines. Maybe stop voting maps like Aleria which always go to OT, I never understood why ppl like that map so much.
    Last edited by Novak; 02-28-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I'll play contrarian. At first the early nuke spawn was kind of cool but too often it messes with early game building. I personally think it's gotten out of hand and appreciate the thread, Scourge. I voted for the incremental change and suggest it spawn 10-15 minutes in, to test it there. At least then you would get some reward for connecting with it instead of some BS 300 or 500 RU you use to up the core or a container.

To Beast's point, a better way to address the long games is to reverse engineer the antifun changes which seem to have become permanent. Reward offense instead of defense in the code. Eliminate the ability to make and upgrade a mine in .01 seconds and eliminate spawn protection while making mines. Maybe stop voting maps like Aleria which always go to OT, I never understood why ppl like that map so much.
    Yesterday it held for like 4 hours, aleria. God damn. Where is the mine limit lol

Thread Information