User Tag List

Thread: Player Speed

Player Speed

I'm wondering if anyone can fix different player speeds on the same server. On the same server, I will see good/bad players and they are the same speed as me. I can shoot them or cause some damage. Then I see players who look like they have a speed relic and I might hit them if I'm lucky. I am not talking about elite players and yes I understand there are exceptional players. For example, I was trying to catch a player with a cowskin. I was dodging as fast as I could and they were just running in a straight line. I lost them. So I speced in behindview and it was so fast. I told the player that they were really fast and they said that they knew. They could tell but they liked having the advantage. They were using a pc with i7 8700 and 1070 card. I was using a I7 2600K with a 1050 card. Is this only because their CPU/card is faster than mine or is it a server issue? For a long time, I thought players were possibly cheating but maybe its just a tech issue. In this case, we also have the same ping around 35, the same netspeed (12000) set by the server, and the server does not use ACE. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    the server does not use ACE
    There's your problem, without ACE players can run their game over 200fps and have their game run faster as a result.

It might not be deliberate, it feels horrible when your game runs over 200 fps.

So, for instance, I run my game at 144 fps to match my monitor. I have VSync on as the game runs pretty smooth and I really don't like the tearing look. If someone else is playing at 250 fps that will affect what I see? Or if they use FOV of 120 and I use 90? I know my game looks faster with a higher FOV, but I thought it only affected my PC? Thanks

They will appear as if they are lagging but it's just their client running too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    There's your problem, without ACE players can run their game over 200fps and have their game run faster as a result.

It might not be deliberate, it feels horrible when your game runs over 200 fps.
    Does this mean that ACE has a FPS limiter? If so, what is the max FPS ACE will let to play?

Type Mutate ace highperftoggle in the system console, that will enable the strict fps limiter and your game will never go above 180fps and will be locked to the value of frameratelimit in your renderer settings. If framerate limit is not defined or is set to 0 it defaults to 180fps.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Type Mutate ace highperftoggle in the system console, that will enable the strict fps limiter and your game will never go above 180fps and will be locked to the value of frameratelimit in your renderer settings. If framerate limit is not defined or is set to 0 it defaults to 180fps.
    Can you tell me how to increase my FPS? I have now Avg 125 and I like to have 180... I have v-sync disabled and play with OpenGL setting...

Quote Originally Posted by ==Shift== View Post
    Can you tell me how to increase my FPS? I have now Avg 125 and I like to have 180... I have v-sync disabled and play with OpenGL setting...
    Open unrealtournament.ini and look for frameratelimit=<number> in the block of settings under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]:

Change it to 0 for unlimited, or 180, just keep it under 200 otherwise the game engine starts running too fast, and problems occur.

Thread Information